Home

Team Corellia

Kengo

Who is your favourite Team Corellia member so far?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Team Corellia member so far?

• Jaden Car'Let (Jedi)
    • Lt. Castle (CorSec)
    • Cpl. Anders (New Republic Army)
    • Pvt. Alan Dalta (New Republic Army)
    • Pvt. Luke Harris (New Republic Army)
    • Agent Black (New Republic Intelligence)
    • Makso (Mercenary)

Part 1 - Corellia

WMV version avaliable (requires Windows Media Player)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4216/

Jedi Academy V1.20 Avaliable

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3950/

By: Simon "Kengo" Williams and Lasse "Lassev" Vääriskoski

Written by Simon "Kengo" Williams and Niall "CookedHaggis" Henderson

2.jpg

5.jpg

Part 2 - A place in the Shade

Work In Progress (See below in thread for screenshots and details)

Casting and characters

Lt. Castle (Corsec)

Voice Actor: Leo Thornton

Castle is a tough, reliable policeman who joined CorSec at 20 and has worked his way up to Lieutenant since. He was born in Coronet and has lived there all his life. Having a little more of an open mind than many of his colleagues, he was transfered to the SJPW division - the Strange or Just Plain Weird division.

Pvt. Alan Dalta (New Republic Army)

Voice actor: Chronocrossed

Dalta was himself born on Corellia, in one of the more remote towns. He left at a young age to join the Republic Army and 'see the galaxy'. Ironically he has now been posted back to Corellia as the token Corellian in the small New Republic force.

Pvt. Luke Harris (New Republic Army)

Voice Actor: Richard "Frances_farmer" White

Harris is just 20, no one is exactly sure why he joined up, but he definately did, hes got a piece of paper that says so. He is a registered communications expert, having learnt 6 dialects, including Wookie, whilst on his homeplanet Coruscant.

Jaden Car'Let (Jedi Order)

Voice Actor: Matthew Pate

A newly passed full Jedi Knight on his first mission. His enthusiasm is tempered by the general lack of respect he seems to get at every turn...

Makso (Mercenary)

Voice Actor: Leo Thornton

A Rodian mercenary hired by CorSec, mainly because he himself has been to the Corperate Sector. Resourceful but less than trustworthy.

Agent Black (New Republic Intelligence)

Voice Actor: Mauri "Darkblade" Majanoja

Agent Black is the agent in charge of the whole operation. Definately a bit spooky, and not the most personable type, he does seem to know what he's doing - but is he holding something bacl from the others?

Cpl. Anders (New Republic Army)

Voice Actor: Leslie Judge

How did he make Corperal is the question on the lips of everyone who meets him. Coming from the icy world of Ralltiir, mainly to get away from the snow, he faces every situation with an insanely cheery disposition and often, dancing.

CorSec receptionist - Wedge

CorSec Chief - Leo Thornton

Collaborator - Steve "Wotno" Peacock

Smuggler: Wes Marrakesh

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks far beyond anything you have made, casper. Try and not be so critical.

Looks very nice to me. Anythign above the quality of the raven maps is definately worth a try. And it's SP... Once i get my PC working i will definately give this a go.

Since Map-Review isn't the right place for this, I figured I'd just do it here:

Architecture:

Ooh, niceness! The maps really got a living flow to it, especially the bridge area. Nothing too drastic, but good nontheless. My first impression was "GTA StarWars style!", merely because you managed to "convert" real-life stuff into futuristic thingies. Kudo's.

Also, on a special note: Many credits to Kengo, there was barely any quality difference between his work, and lasse's. Now, I'm going to shut up about the differences between this, and Prison Escape, or he'll kill me. :p

Texturing and lighting:

The theme you set with the architecture was really enhanced by the lighting - especially on the CorSec HQ. I loved the lighting there. Texturing was pretty solid as well, no misalignments, z-fighting, or not-fitting textures anywhere (Even though I have my doubts with the ad in the first scene, but soit.)

Scripting:

Since I couldn't do gameflow, I fiured I'd do the other main part instead. :) Now, the scripting here is truly awesome. I especially liked the camera movement during the last scenes on the bridge maps. Character animations were also put to very good use - though Makso should've been turned 90 degrees, he was hanging in plain air. Of course, due to the extreme oxigen pressure there, anyone could. :p

Customness:

Omigosh.. Lots of custom stuff here! The startup screen, music, scripts (Duh!), and of course, the excellent voice acting! Many kudo's to Wedge here - would he happen to be a receptionist in real life?

Oh, and lasse.. That Lighthouse texture.. Gold. :D

Overall:

Much fun to watch, looking forward to other episodes! Kengo and Lasse: 9/10!

Originally posted by gothicX

Makso, he rocks. Besides, he's got Lasse's eyes. *sigh*

Ugh... I don't even dare to think what that might mean, GothicX. Still, it's best you keep your distance ;)

I agree with everything else said by GothicX. This was great fun now that I could just watch it from the beginning to the end without thinking "That must be fixed, that doesn't work, that is not good, that looks bizarre, etc..."

Kengo's architecture was great, and surprised me truly positively. I have always known he is able to map spectacular locations, if he just takes the time needed and don't rush forward too fast (he has some strange notion that a map should be released in a time shorter than one year). That's exactly what I think GothicX meant; when I was getting on Kengo's nerves by my effective tarrying, he used the time and made here some of his best architecture.

Originally posted by gothicX

Omigosh.. Lots of custom stuff here! The startup screen, music, scripts (Duh!), and of course, the excellent voice acting! Many kudo's to Wedge here - would he happen to be a receptionist in real life?

No. I'm a college student. I do hold a campus job tutoring other students in the Newtonian physics class (hopefully will extend that to modern physics next semester, and maybe giving campus tours :p). If you think I was *that* good...I'd be happy to do some other roles...hopefully I haven't stuck myself with receptionists forever....

*thinks to himself* I need a receptionist... I wonder if Wedge is available? ;)

I think that it turned out great, such as it is. Definitely your best architecture to date, Kengo. And as usual, Lassev, you're right on point with yours.

I agree with a couple of Gothic's comments, and just have a few of my own to add.

1. Most important one to my mind - while I was watching the cutscene, there were a few places where one person started talking before the other was finished, and the subtitles just flashed too quickly to be read. Most notably in the reception / office scenes.

2. Kengo, your scripting continues to improve, but my biggest comment on the scripting is that there needs to be more variety in the camera angles, especially during long scenes (like the last one in Project Corellia). Mix up the angles and perhaps go for a few more close ups, rather than full / half body shots. Take a look at any recent movie and see how they handle the cameras during dialogue heavy scenes (where nothing else is going on).

3. Ple-ase ki-ill off the g-uy wh-o ta-lks lik-e th-is. ;) He was the only one that made me want to turn it off. Not a commentary on the voice actor, just the character.

Can't wait to see the next installment! Nice work, everyone. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Eldritch

1. Most important one to my mind - while I was watching the cutscene, there were a few places where one person started talking before the other was finished, and the subtitles just flashed too quickly to be read. Most notably in the reception / office scenes.

I guess I'm to be blamed for that. However, there was no other choice. In the manuscript people were always interrupting each other, so what can I do but make them interrupt each other? I was experimenting with it really long, to reach a point of compromise, and adjusting them individually so that some more aggressive interruptions would be just like that, but some other might not suffer from a bit longer lag. However, a good interruption must still be abrupt, because otherwise it sounds and looks really bad.

Lassev, I know they're supposed to interrupt, but it's immediate. They are literally reading all of their lines over each other. I can't understand anything they say.

Casper, I don't know why you snuck back onto LF, since you're just going to get banned again once the mods find out, but the architecture doesn't have to look like Coruscant because it's on Corellia, not Coruscant.

"More custom texturing" "better architecture" and "I've seen boxes with better architecture" are not constructive suggestions.

If your intention is truly to be helpful, try making suggestions on how things could be improved, not just saying what needs improvement.

Originally posted by Casperhead

The architecture needs work Pal I have seen boxes with better architecture. No Offence But you map review morons banned me from your site so I'am telling you here the architecture needs to look more like coruscant.

So..."no offence," but you say offensive things. Sheesh. The reason you were banned in the first (and second) place(s) was that you offended people, harassed people, and generally pissed people off. If you can't get it through your head that the general mapping public doesn't want to deal with you...I mean, why do you even bother evading your bans on LF, when you just annoy the same people and get yourself in trouble again? We oughta just start ignoring you, since you're obviously just grabbing for any attention you can get.

Oh, and watch carefully, cause I'm only gonna do this once:

I'm is the contraction for I am.

Hierarchy is the correct spelling of the word, and it's meaning is just an ordering of a group. So I don't even know what you mean about Eldritch turning mapping into a "higharchy." It's a useless thing to say.

Now if you can't say something nice...don't say anything at all.

And...go back up and read my post again, cause I know from experience that you didn't read half to three-quarters of it the first time.

Now Casper I'm not going to go to war with you, its just a waste of time. I can tell you've paid no real interest in my work and so your criticising it is hollow and pointless. Everyone else, please don't bother either, it can just be used against you to turn this thread into another flame war. You can't out reason someone who isn't being reasonable, its as simple as that. Despite this, I appreciate your support, it means a lot.

Casper, I know you need help. I'm not saying this as a joke or an insult, you really do, you know it and I know it. I myself suffer from a mildish mental illness called OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) which I have needed a lot of help to live with. I urge you to do something about yourself before its too late, because the only way is down the way you're acting at the moment. I only see your itnernet personna, but I think that tells me enough about you. What you have done in the past goes beyond angst or pretty normal things like that, and borders on illegal and threatening behavoir. I'm sure things are really difficult, but you're not the only one who's ever felt like that. Things can get better, if you help them to. I don't want to constantly battle with you here because it clearly won't help you or me, so give it up. I'm not interested in being your friend, but I don't want to be involved in making things any worse, so I draw a line under it.

Back to normal operations on this thread...

I thought the architecture in this movie was quite good, and I generally couldn't really tell Lassev's work apart from yours, Kengo (except for the parts where I KNEW precisely who had made what)! I must say, I think your mapping skills have improved greatly with each project you've taken on lately! Please keep up the good work!:)

I enjoyed the movie quite much, except I got a little annoyed at Anders too... I don't mind him talking like that, it was quite funny (especially for a Scandinavian guy, since 90% of the people in Scandinavia actually talks like that :p ) but could he at least talk a LITTLE bit faster?!:D

Oh, and like other people pointed out, we have a wild Rodian who's somehow defying gravity!:p

Other than that, excellent work really... When's Part II coming?:D Actually, stop reading this and get back to work!!!;)

Wedge, I hear they're looking for a receptionist at my mothers work...:p (Seriously though, you did a great job voice acting as that receptionist):)

Originally posted by Tito

I thought the architecture in this movie was quite good, and I generally couldn't really tell Lassev's work apart from yours, Kengo

I enjoyed the movie quite much, except I got a little annoyed at Anders too... I don't mind him talking like that, it was quite funny (especially for a Scandinavian guy, since 90% of the people in Scandinavia actually talks like that :p ) but could he at least talk a LITTLE bit faster?!:D

Oh, and like other people pointed out, we have a wild Rodian who's somehow defying gravity!:p

Other than that, excellent work really... When's Part II coming?:D Actually, stop reading this and get back to work!!!;)

A great compliment indeed, thanks :)

Leslie Judge did a great job at the voice I asked him to do, but I think you're right, I asked him to do it too slow, too stop-start, speeding it up a little would help the flow. Anders certainly seems to be a love-hate character, some people say hes their favourite, and a lot of people have said "is he supposed to sound like that?"

I don't know how I managed to miss that Rodian leaning thing, lets call it a deliberate in-joke...

Part II has a draft script, will need to see what Niall Hnderson can come up wit (he did all the funny jokes for Part 1) and then Bingo, will get it to the voice actors early 2004, and start mapping and scripting....

Originally posted by Eldritch

Lassev, I know they're supposed to interrupt, but it's immediate. They are literally reading all of their lines over each other. I can't understand anything they say.

That's interesting indeed. At some point faulty (early and raw) cinematic master script produced that effect, but the problem was of course removed when I corrected the errors. But clearly the script is not working for you as it should. I thought earlier you just criticized the timing. Trust me, the way the cinematic is intended to run is clear enough that nobody should have big difficulties with it.

As I don't have any idea what might be causing the problem for you, I guess you are in the same boat with Wedge who still don't own the game and must thus wait for the QT or some other independent movie version.

Originally posted by Casperhead

The architecture needs work Pal I have seen boxes with better architecture... I'am telling you here the architecture needs to look more like coruscant.

I don't personally see any reason why our architecture should look anything but convenient, that is, good enough so that it won't hurt your eyes to look at and on the other hand economical enough so that not too much time is spent on something that only is shown for a short while with predefined camera angles. As it is, it already took long enough.

There have been a few other mentions of the problem, I have no idea what it is. Some file we have, and you don't is my best guess...that or a certain setting.

The Quicktime version is hopefully on the way, someone offered to help me out with it, so here's hoping. In future the JA version is always likely to come out a few days before (to give JA owners the benefit) before the QT version, seems fair :)

The level is now also avaliable at Massassi!

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2902.shtml

That's a cool idea Wedge, I happen to be a big fan of Movie Maker and have played around with it a lot in the past. That would give a reason for those who only saw the JA edition to also download this, as well as adding some extra sheen!

Archived