Home

Ps2...can't Put It Down!!!

Troopr-Undr-Fir

How much do they cost over in the states now?

Well I'm not sure since my friend bought it for me, but when I was at EB, I saw the same box it came in for $175...but I could be wrong :(.

So have fun with the PS2 and be sure to rent or buy True Crime:Streets of LA or GTA Vice City

Yeah I saw those 2 at EB when I went to buy a new game. But then I saw Simpsons Hit and Run, which is like I said before GTA but with simpsons characters, so of course I gotta go with that one, and I'm having a blast with it. The only thing that griped me about it was that it was $50 but I guess it's worth it. :rolleyes:

One thing about PS2's (and all consoles really) is that the games are much more expensive. I sometimes pay £45 for a PS2 game and then see the same game for £30 on PC.

I can answer that question for ya. That is because the developers make the game for the console, and when they port it, they are to lazy (or for some other reason) to put the extra things in the game like the console counterpart. Perfect example of this is 007: Nightfire. I played it at my work one time and it was filled with action (like driving FPS action and some other things), but when I saw it at my work for(best buy if you don't alreay know) 20 bucks I just had to get it :). And when I installed it on my computer and started playing, they had left out most of the fun parts :(. so there's your reason.

and please people stop saying which one is better, instead just disguss which games you like for each of the m ;)

yes, PC does own, but there's something about playing with that controller... and the TV screen.... And the couch...

[dream]*Hooks up expensive PC game controller and TV monitor to comp with expensive hook-up and scoots massive couch torwards desk away from living space... hmm, there we go*[/dream]

huh? O, darn reality hit me... Nintendo ownz! and so does PC!

Originally posted by IG-64

Halo = PC and PS2

Marrowind = PC

Fable = PC

Halo 2 = The only reason why I would ever buy an XBox, yet could be realesed for PC later. Is it really worth it?

Halo is not on the ps2 what in the world are you talkin about? And we had it on Xbox for 2 years before it went to PC.

Morrowind IS on pc, but I like it more on the Xbox.

Fable will come out on xbox first, which is awesome,

Halo 2 IS really worth it.

Ahem!

The choice between two consoles is purely personal preference.

The Gamecube has Mario and company, Kirby (lol), The Legend of Zelda, and a couple other characters and franchises that are Gamecube exclusives, and if you like those, you'll like the Gamecube.

The X-Box has lots of first-person shooters, sports games, and good online play. The PC also has this, but the PC is more than 3 times as much. If you like those genres and have a low budget, go for it.

The Playstation 2 has tons of games on it, and a fairly wide variety, it also gives you a couple of exclusives (Jak and Daxter, Ratchet 'n' Clank, and a couple others), it's really good for platforming games. If you like those, go buy it.

The Gameboy Advance is portable, small, fun, and inexpensive. It has good platforming games, good strategy or tactical games (one or two good ones :p), and is a solid, good system. Everyone should have one of these in my opinion.

The Personal Computer is very expensive in comparison to these, but you get superb online play, a huge variety and fairly high quality games, you also have access to other tools to help you with school, work, etc. The PC also has some awesome exclusives, and you can practically run other consoles off of it (just buy the PS2, XB, or GC game, or download a GBA rom, and run them off an emulator (be sure you have a game pad)).

So all in all, no console is better than the other, each has distinct ups and downs, but you get a unique gaming experience in each console.

I am done.

The games on the Gamecube are definetly not my cup o' tea. XBox and PS2 games on the other hand, seem to produce more quality games, and such classics as the Resident Evil franchise, GTA, Madden (Well, N64 really produced the first Madden game, but it was horrid) and numerous others that seemed to have slipped my mind.

Personally I really couldn't get into the consoles...The only one i ever really liked was the good N64...Now that darn thing is always sparking..Even caught fire a few times..Anyhow I'm strictly a PC gamer just because there's too much to woory about with the consoles for instance...They are always making new consoles...WIth computers you don't have to buy a whole new thing but just new parts...Anyhow that's just me.

Originally posted by KBell

IG, Crow, Bongo, instead of mindless bantar about how your system is better than that one, why don't you actually spend time on the post and explain why this system is better than that one ;)

Although, we shouldn't be having yet another console war here :p

Because all the other consoles has crappy graphics. :p And Xbox has all the latest games like Halo, counter strike: CZ, JA...

All the good Xbox titles will eventually come out on the PC (Halo & KOTOR). Thats because Xbox is a PC in a small green box.

I just got Worms 3D for PS2 and its funny and fun. Ahh...sweet Holy Hand Grenade in all new 3d. Oh, and its out in UK but not in Us (or so the website says).

Archived