Home

there is no peace part 2

rick ulo 11103

Sukara stured slightly in his sleep, his battle with Armala playing out over and over in his head, he had won, but he had also intended to kill her when he was finished, he remembered how angry he was at the loss of Visona. Could he have allowed himself to fall once again? Fortunatly Armala escaped, before he had the chance, probably for the best.

The sequence of events leading up to this moment continued to play thru his head, he remembered wondering the abandoned Sith base, he remembered giveing the orders to capture Rick and Brittany, he remember his duel with Jamis and Brittany on the ship, and he remembered when Visona revived him...He didn't want to lose the gift she had given him. He wouldn't fall again.

Sukara stired slightly in his sleep, but calmed down shortly afterwords, drifting back into his peaceful slumber.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ship carrying Rick and Brittany came out of hyperspace at the selected coordinates. Faloo was hanging silently in space just before them. Brittany led the ship down for a soft landing deep in the rainforest.

"That landing was too easy," she muttered, more to herself than to Rick, but still loud enough that he could hear what she said. They moved away from their ship and Brittany stiffened suddenly.

"There is a powerful presence in the Force here," she said softly. She motioned to her left. "That one is dark, but the other..." she motioned vaguely to her right. "I can't make out what it is. I think we should investigate that one first."

She turned to her right and began walking. Very soon, she found the mouth of a cave.

Water dripped from the roof of the cave as Brittany and Rick entered. Small lizards scurried past there feet, as the light slowly fadded as they made there way deeper in. The strange presence that Brittany felt becomeing stronger, but still as mysterious as ever.

They soon found themselves in complete darkness, the light to far away to provide them any becon thru the endless void of black that they now staired at.

Sukara, had in that time managed to catch four hours of much needed sleep. Though still tired, and sleeping heavily, he was awoken when he felt a hand touch his shoulder, opening his eyes and turning around, he looked up into Visona's eyes. "Uhh...Visona? Whats going on? Huh? Why am I in bed? You should be in bed!" He barked at her, slightly iritated.

But after some persistance, he was drug out of the bed, and onto his feet, shakeing his head as he tried to make since of his suroundings. "Whats going on here anyway?" He asked, looking at the Padawan who stood with them. "The council wishes to see the three of you at once." The Padawan stated calmly.

"The three of us...?" He said, looking over to Jamis. His eyes widen slightly in suprise. "Oh! Hey Jamis, how have you been?" Sukara said, smileing slightly. "I've been okay, its a long story though." Jamis replied. Sukara nodded at him and turned back to the Padawan.

"What does the council want with us?" He said, raiseing an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, but they did not inform me. They just said to bring you here." The Padawan said, lowering his head slightly. Sukara rolled his eyes slightly but stood up. "Well fine, lets go and get it over with then." He stated, stretching slightly.

They all turned, walking out the door and twords the council hall, ariveing thru the large doors, Sukara and the others walked twords the Councils meeting room. The Padawan turned to him and nodded. "We are here now."

Jamis paused. "Jedi knights?" he asked. The Padawan was already leaving. Jamis stroked his cheeks. He was surprised to find he had a bit of stubble- he hadn't shaved, really, for the past several days.

On the way, he considered something. Visona's greatest fear was the Dark Side. What was his? He wasn't sure.

He followed Visona as they stopped at the room where Sukara was to bring him along. Sukara woke badly, having only slept for a few hours. He was calm, though. Jamis greeted him.

"Told you we'd meet again. I wasn't expecting it to be so soon, though."

Walking through the corridors of the Temple, outside of the green pleasantness of the garden, Jamis felt slightly cowed again. He wondered why.

Could it be that you're worried that someone here might judge you? The thought rose unbidden to his mind. He didn't like it, and cast it aside for a moment. Then he reconsidered. Maybe he was worried about that. Especially Master Wasafi, for whom he had a profound respect.

"Help? Help with what? Tell me whats going on first, and then I'll tell you my awnser." Sukara said, a serious tone to his voice. Visona was slightly embarassed by his rashness, but most likely expected such a thing from him.

Jamis nodded. "If the Sith had them, wouldn't Sukara have heard of it while he was the Dark Lord?" the eyes of the council turned to Sukara.

"Unless of course, if there was someone high enough up in the power hierarchy to keep the scrolls to themselves. The Sith are rather greedy where power is concerned." Jamis mused further.

"Sorry, just thinking out loud," he said, smiling wanly at the very serious council. "I'm willing to go."

Sukara thought for a second and then shrugged. "Fine, I'll go with them, atleast it'll give me another shot at the Sith and Armala. I've still got a score to settle with her." Sukara said, still bit a angry that she got away from him.

"So, how are we suppose to get to the surface unoticed? If the Sith are already there, wouldn't they have set up defences around the planet to keep out unwanted guests?" Sukara stated, raiseing an eyebrow.

Also, Sith tactics would sujest that they would keep atleast 4 full regiments of troops on the planet. I'm not sure if Armala keeps them as in line as Zera did, but I doubt she would be full hardy not to place some Garrison on the world."

Sukara walked thru the halls with Visona and Jamis, prepareing to board the transport. He groaned slightly, as the Jedi had only given him enough time to get two extra hours of sleep after his meeting with him, did they think he was some kind of droid? Sukara snapped back to attention when the Durosian transport came into view.

The three of them boarded the Durosian transport. Both Sukara and Jamis really had nothing they could take with them that they wern't already wearing, being on a world where they owned nothing at all. Sukara took a seat beside Visona while Jamis sat across from them.

Sukara was staireing at the floor, his hands folded in his lap, he looked confused, very confused. Why had the Jedi decided to trust him with such an important mission? He wasn't even a Jedi anymore, he never was a true Jedi, he was but a Padawan. And now they have given him a mission wich could affect the fate of the galaxy. Great.

Sukara cracked a slight smile at the thought and then looked up at Visona, noticeing she did not have her medication on her, he raised an eyebrow and spoke. "You thru them away, didn't you? I wish you wouldn't have done that Visona...you wern't fully recovered yet, I hope you'll be alright on this mission, it doesn't sound like an easy one..." Sukara said, letting a bit to much of his concern slip thru, mostly becouse of his lack of sleep, thus lack of concentration.

Sukara blushed slightly, after he realised what he was doing, mentally smacking himself in the head for letting himself get into such a sad and pathetic shape.

(I hav been wondering for some time now, what does 'Hiroki' mean?)

Shah'Raa paced in the control room of the Death Eater. “I have to find that bloody scroll!” He thought for the 100th time. Ever since his blunder - not to mention his ‘first’ or ‘only’- when he had let the Ex-Sith Lord get the better of him, his Master had not found him reliable. As the apprentice of Doyen Armala he had always struggled to please her; to win her gratitude he could hardly make mistakes. Doyen had always despised mistakes and wasn’t very kind to those who made them “But then she did make me in charge of this mission. Why would she if -”

His thoughts were cut off as a Sith officer reported in.

“Sir, we have almost reached our destination.” The officer bowed respectably. “We are exiting hyperspace now.”

“Very well.” He nodded in response. Shah’Raa decided he would muse over his thoughts later, at the moment other pressing business demanded his attention.

Jamis settled back in his chair and tried to nap. Instead, he found himself cogitating his situation.

I wasn't going to join the Jedi... he thought. Like many people, he provided an inward narration for his life. But here I am, doing a job for them. Why?

He thought and thought, but came up with no answer that he liked. Eventually though, he did slip into a deep sleep.

Outside, the stars rushed past in that beautiful display of lights that was hyperspace.

Sukara sat there, his hands folded, he was thinking about what he was going to do when he finally arived at Faloo. He hadn't a clue in all honesty. He only knew he didn't want any of his...friends to be hurt. And he would allow it to happen.

He sighed to himself, and shook his head slightly, watching as the blue tunnel of hyperspace swirled around them, as they rapidly approached there destination. Sukara closed his eyes, and layed his head back, he might aswell get a little bit of sleep while they're stuck here...

Shah'Raa entered the Sith transport, which would be taking them to Faloo, leaving the Death Eater floating in space. Suddenly his comolink beeped and he turned it on.

"Sir sensors picked up something." Officer Zeta stated. "But it blinked out before we could get a clear reading."

"What?" He frowned in thought. "Bah it's probably just the systems malfuntioning send the technicians to check it out. Besides who in their right mind would come to an isolated hell hole anyways? After all as we all know our mission is a highly guarded secret, we have noting to worry about."

Eyes narrowing suddenly in suspicion, Shah'Raa demanded. "Unless ofcourse you are suggesting we have a traitor in our midst?"

"No Sir! Ofcourse not Sir!"

"Than what are you waiting for Officer? Get back to your duties." Shah'Raa barked.

"Yes Sir! Officer Zeta out."

He glared at anyone who dare glance at him. Thinking of traitors didn't surface any pleasant memories. He sat through the whole trip in a foul mood, imagining all the nasty things he would do once he got his hands on Sukara.

"Oh and don't worry, traitor. You won't have to wait long!" Shah'Raa muttered to himself in a crazy fervor.

Sukara had made his way to the front of the ship, and watched as the Sith ship finally disapeared, the ship moveing twords the other side of the planet, as they neared it, a blue aura surounded the ship, causeing it to disapear.

Sukara blinked with amazement as he read the cloaked status on the ships control panel. "This transport can cloak?!" He said, almost chokeing on his words vas he watched the large vessle move closer to the planet, no hostile ships takeing notice, or intercepting.

As they grew closer to the the world, it covered the whole view screen, the planet, free of tech of any sorts has remained untouched for centurys, untill now...now, they could sense a Dark Presence, yes, a Sith most likely, and where Sith are, machines are sure to follow.

The ship burst thru the lower atmisphear, makeing its way quickly to the surface, where it sat down rather harshly, causeing the still standing Sukara to hit his head on the top of the ship. "ACH!! Damnit...could you have landed any harder?!" Sukara barked at the pilot. "This is why we say 'stay in your seats PLEASE'! The pilot barked back at him.

Sukara walked with them thru the tree's, keeping his eyes faceing forward, as he waited for them to hopefully emerge from the forest soon. Sighing heavily as he listened to the branches and leaves crackle under there feet, looking at Visona, who was actually enjoying this trip.

Sukara moved closer to Visona tilting his head slightly as he looked at her. "Are you actually likeing this place? I don't see how...I guess I've always been a more modern person, but I can't imagen a world in this day and age without some form of technology..." Sukara said, shakeing his head slightly.

Jamis walked slightly behind them, Sukara and Visona decideing to let him carry most of the heavy stuff while they concentrated on hikeing. Sukara turned and gave Jamis a closed-eyed smile. "Are you holding up okay back there? I hope none of that is to much of a strain!" He said, asking with an almost innocent tone to his voice, though a hint of the teaseing nature of the question still peeked thru slightly.

Jamis waved a hand at Sukara, grinning like a maniac. "No, no need to worry yourselves on my account. I'm holding up fine. What about you, Visona?" He tugged on one of the straps for the pack he was wearing, tightening it up a little and keeping it from slipping.

He looked at the ferns with a suspicious eye. Some plants, especially ferns, which were usually an ancient sort of plant, had developed some nasty primal defenses along the way. He tried to step on earth or rock as much as possible. For such wooded terrain, this area had plenty of rocks.

Brittany and Rick continued to go deeper into the cave, though they were not able to see. They could sense everything in the cave, but the Force was very nearly overpowering in this place. It was beginning to take a toll on Brittany.

"What's in here?" she gasped. It had begun to feel as if the Force was trying to drive her to the floor of the cave. Then, being unable to take it anymore, she dropped to her knees. She looked up at Rick.

"You keep going," she panted. "I'll catch up."

She watched as he stood still for a moment and then continued on into the cave. Then, she realized that she was getting more and more tired the more she sat there. At this, she staggered to her feet and tried to go deeper into the cave, but as soon as she stood, she collapsed into unconsciousness.

Rick continued thru the cave, but he soon felt a wave of darkness washing over his body, the place was strong with the Dark Side of the force, stronger than any place he had ever felt before, the dreaded calling of it almost overwhelming his spirit as he struggled to resist.

He still could see no light, the cave being completely Dark, With no end in sight, forceing him to press on, however, the deeper he went, the stronger the calling got...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sukara, Visona, and Jamis had finally emerged from the woods, the uphill climb finally over, much to Jamis's relief. The village was in sight, Sukara smileing slightly as they knew they had finally arived. "Finally, I just hope they do not consider soft beds a form of technology..." He muttered slightly.

The three of them made there way into the village, it was quite primitive compared to the usual flashing lights and busy streets that they where use to seeing, almost like stepping back into a past long forgoten.

Shah'Raa sat in his tent drinking coffee, trying to banish sleep. They had arrived at Kakulukia 2 days ago and taken over the village, slaying the populace who rejected him. After the village was in his control they had set out for the Tomb of Takhisis. Knowing the location of tomb it had been easy to find, but getting in was altogether a different matter. They could not get the main door of the tomb to open no matter how much they tried. Two precious days had already been wasted he couldn't afford to loose anymore.

"Not that there was any threat to the scrolls." he thought to himself smirking. "But still, I would be glad to leave this hellhole.”

He really didn’t like this ‘Flu’ planet or whatever it was called it gave him the creeps, he liked Korriban much better. Modern technology, that was his style.

There was a knock at the door, or you could say the flap of his tent, at his consent Officer Pitt came in and bowed. “Sir, General Bosh requests your presence he has some pressing news.”

Shah'Raa entered the General's tent thinking what important news Boch might have.

"Shah'Raa." the General spoke with enthusiasm. "I think we may have found a way to open that bloody door." The General and Dark Jedi were good associates, they didn't go with formalities.

"That's excellent news Percival!" Shah'Raa replied sleep evaporating instantly. “We should try it at once! What is it anyways?"

Sukara growled as he layed on his stumach on the floor of the forest, looking down at the town from there safe spot. Under his breath he muttered a name that was all too fermilier to both him and Visona.

"Shah'Raah..." He said, the words being spat out like they where poision, clenching his fists, he turned to Visona. "The Sith clearly have made it here first, this sorta puts a damper on our plans, doesn't it now?" He said, rolling his eyes slightly.

Sukara stood up, confodent that they where now out of sight of the two men that they had spotted. "We'll have to be careful about how we go about this, Visona. Shah'raah won't underestimate us." He said, giveing her one of his serious looks, which where only ever pointed her way when something was wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shah'Raah and the General moved twords the temple. Boch turned to Shah'Raah, prepareing to explain his idea. "It seems that all thoughs funny little ruin markings that are plastered all over the outside of the temple are a ritual, and the ritual is the key to opening the door." Boch said, stopping for a moment to catch his thoughts.

He smiled at Shah'Raah before continueing. "We could gather together a group of the Dark Jedi that have been sent with us to perform the ritual - as only force users have the power to call apon the ghosts of the past." He said, clearly suprised by his own words. Boch had never been much of an expert on the force.

Shah'Raah grinned with satisfaction, nodding approveingly to General Boch. "Good work, Percival. I will have a number of Dark Jedi put under your command at once. Do try and make this quick..." Shah'Raah stated too him, the wait clearly takeing its tole on his pacients.

Percival Doch nodded to Shah'Raah. "Will do, Sir." He stated, smileing back at him.

"I'm not sure," said Jamis. "I would think, though, that if they had found those two, their state of alertness would be higher." he pointed to a pair of sith roopers who were watching the tree line. "See those two? They're not really concerned about what they're doing. You can tell from the body language. If they'd caught a Jedi, I think they'd be more watchful."

He pursed his lips, thinking about his escapades on Bakura. "We could try getting in to that encampment, but that probably wouldn't do us that much good. We'd likely be found out, and we don't know where the cave is. I suspect they might have found it already. If we watch and tail them, we might be able to find the cave, which is the objective."

Archived