Home

Did i miss something? (why the anger towards honor/RPGers?)

SRF_Vader

LOL. I know what banning system this forum uses dude. I run a vBulletin based forum that I put up, that I configured, and that I set up the mysql database and tables up for. Which rumor can attest to. But a pissing contest isn't what I came here to post about. And frankly, my statement to which you replied, still holds true. As can be seen by his latest posts under yet another alias. IE: HIS PROXY OWNS YOUR BANNING SYSTEM.

There is NO WAY to ban someone who KNOWS how to get around it. Just like Microsoft said no one would be able to hack WinXP because of WPA. HAHA, yeah that lasted didn't it.

Anyways, Honor has no place in a video game, KILL OR BE KILLED!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you got me. I will admit I am not the most knowledgeable person on LAF. At home my wife does all our networking, she has her MCSE,CCNA,CCNP, CISSP and few other neat little things, so I don't need to know much.

And while you might be right about the IP addys I would have no idea. But I'm sure there are some people here who run this joint that have a few skills of their own.

The pad lock on the doors only keep out the honest people. The L33T crew will always find a way in.

Anyways, I'm not here to compare IQs or anything else with anyone. If people feel like they need to show off their key board skills then knock yourself out. ;)

Originally posted by GUNNER

Ok, you got me. I will admit I am not the most knowledgeable person on LAF. At home my wife does all our networking, she has her MCSE,CCNA,CCNP, CISSP and few other neat little things, so I don't need to know much.

And while you might be right about the IP addys I would have no idea. But I'm sure there are some people here who run this joint that have a few skills of their own.

The pad lock on the doors only keep out the honest people. The L33T crew will always find a way in.

Anyways, I'm not here to compare IQs or anything else with anyone. If people feel like they need to show off their key board skills then knock yourself out. ;)

heh no worries dude. least you're open minded like kurgan.

And I am also old enough to know when to STFU, so I will. ;)

But I am very much into 60-70s muscle cars so if you ever want to chat about those , that is a subject I am very well versed in and can hold my own.

Carry on.

P.S. Please don't tell everyone that I don't know much about IPs and ****, I don't want to tarnish my studly image. :D

Originally posted by Rumor

Hell some of us were playing games way back when over serial cables.

Ah, those were the days... :)

Originally posted by rupart

btw prime ur a ****ing fairie

Oh well played.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

There are ways to reset all octets, thus evading bans faster than you can ban them.

Of course, he could ban all IPs. It would be pretty quite in here though...

Originally posted by GUNNER

And I am also old enough to know when to STFU, so I will. ;)

But I am very much into 60-70s muscle cars so if you ever want to chat about those , that is a subject I am very well versed in and can hold my own.

Carry on.

P.S. Please don't tell everyone that I don't know much about IPs and ****, I don't want to tarnish my studly image. :D

fakeshelby.jpg

not original but straight up retro.

Okay well glad people are calming the heck down, looks like we had some temper flareups earlier. tsk, tsk. ; )

Thanks for the props Rumor!

Yeah, it's true that "determined" script kiddies and "hÞx0rZ" can bypass both systems, but the truth is that in a numbers game we ultimately win.

Why? Because the kiddie is by himself, and smart as he may be he's only one person. As long as he has time to waste, so do we, and eventually he'll just get tired and go home.

Sure I can't be "at" my server all the time to kick every pompous dork who wishes to annoy people, but considering my server isn't rule heavy it's not a problem. There aren't many ways to "cause trouble" and I get a kick out of just ignoring him or kicking him as long as I want to. If he's got the time to waste, who's to say I don't, as long as I'm there?

The only thing that gets me is when it's somebody with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. If you're going to do that in a game do it with your skills, not your ability to return after being IP banned.

One thing about proxies, correct me if I'm wrong (surely there are thousands of proxies out there people can use) but isn't it possible to ban a proxy range just as easily as any other IP range or ISP? Just ban all the proxies he uses and he's history right?

I mean it's not magic... he'd have to keep digging and doing more work to find more servers to use, until he gives up? I figure most guys would just say screw it and find an easier target...

(Blatantly out of place in the current topic, but appropriate to the thread !)

Thought I might mention my little encounter on the jk2files.com JA server a couple days ago¡K

I had heard of the '1337 Honourz' known to appear on this particular server, so I decided to do a healthy amount of laming and observe the resulting whining as I sat back in both laughter and pity.

Alrighty, so I go on with a friend of mine, a dutch friend...:p

The current map is the Gas Platform from the Raven Bonus Map Pack (Sorry Raven, but it is¡Kcrappy, in my opinion).

The JAR (JA Reloaded) mod is loaded up, and I have to say it reminds me of the dreadfully hated Jar Jar character of episode I, and this semblance is ironic; like that computerized Jamaican wannabe, admin mods are greatly despised by the fan community ļ

So I¡¦m on the map, I notice a bunch of people are huddled up and standing around on top of the highest gas thing, so I follow the herd and head up there.

About 8-9 people are watching duels that are taking place in the center of the group; they¡¦re talking as if they¡¦re on AIM, unaware that they left Jedi Academy on¡K

I see my pal Chairwalker, bearing the tag, ¡¥Obese Rodian¡¦, join me on the platform. We decide to kill one of the chattiest fellows, and we do so¡K

A second passes by, the game processing the kill and the text: [1337]AnikinSkwaylkz sabered by isellj0epnuts, appears on the screen¡K(That wasn't the guy's name, but he was in one of those types of clans :p)

Another second follows.

The next thing I know, I¡¦m admin slapped and placed to sleep, I also see: ¡§OMFG U F**ING LAMERZ PNTUZ¡¨, ¡§KICK PNUT KICK PNUTKICK ONUT¡¨.

Immobile in an admin induced sleep, I simply reply with: Let the whining commence.

Most of you can probably guess what happened next¡XServer Disconnected: Reason- Kicked.

Hey, the server isn't great, but if you enjoy seeing 12 year olds complain that you respawned them to a whole new area, this is the place for you. Just yesterday I had the luck of finding the server without any admins logged on, which resulted in total laming chaos and constant screamings of: NO FUN= LAMERS, or the usual, 'U COCKSUCKER'.

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

The next thing I know, I¡¦m admin slapped and placed to sleep, I also see: ¡§OMFG U F**ING LAMERZ PNTUZ¡¨, ¡§KICK PNUT KICK PNUTKICK ONUT¡¨.

1) JAR doesn't have slap. Sheesh.

2) No one uses profanity.

3) If you lame... you get put to sleep and are warned and then woken.

'Nuff said.

I knew JA would have that JO engine. I was disappointed back when I saw the first trailer, looked like a big noob fest with sabers swinging all over the place. Basically, Unreal Tournament with lightsabers and force. I still remember when they said that they were working on a new engine.

well, I bought JA because it's like JO but a bit better, but I still view it as 1.05 or as a MOD/EXPANSION to Jedi Outcast.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

1) JAR doesn't have slap. Sheesh.

2) No one uses profanity.

3) If you lame... you get put to sleep and are warned and then woken.

'Nuff said.

you're the biggest dip**** on the board and have been since you joined... go kill yourself...

p.s. this game sucks no use arguing about it anymore

Originally posted by ksk h2o

I never understood why banning systems were based on IP's and not mac addresses.

Good Idea. It would be more specfic but then again anything manmade can be overcome. It would be more difficult however to try to spoof or change your MAC without swapping the NIC.

I'm in the same boat at Kurgan. Since I have a "No Rules" server, I don't have to enforce much. Thinking back I have only kicked one person due to repeated Racial Slurs again another player in the game.

Rock On

:D

Originally posted by AxVegetA

So you all can change your ips too and return to the servers u were baned? i thought i was the only one :(

Sorry, but anything you can think of has been thought of years ago. Oh wait I'm not sorry :( .

As for bans i can do many things:

1. sign off and back on

2. change the MAC addy of my LAN card

3. proxies ^^

Originally posted by Kurgan

Okay well glad people are calming the heck down, looks like we had some temper flareups earlier. tsk, tsk. ; )

Thanks for the props Rumor!

Yeah, it's true that "determined" script kiddies and "hÞx0rZ" can bypass both systems, but the truth is that in a numbers game we ultimately win.

Why? Because the kiddie is by himself, and smart as he may be he's only one person. As long as he has time to waste, so do we, and eventually he'll just get tired and go home.

Sure I can't be "at" my server all the time to kick every pompous dork who wishes to annoy people, but considering my server isn't rule heavy it's not a problem. There aren't many ways to "cause trouble" and I get a kick out of just ignoring him or kicking him as long as I want to. If he's got the time to waste, who's to say I don't, as long as I'm there?

The only thing that gets me is when it's somebody with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. If you're going to do that in a game do it with your skills, not your ability to return after being IP banned.

One thing about proxies, correct me if I'm wrong (surely there are thousands of proxies out there people can use) but isn't it possible to ban a proxy range just as easily as any other IP range or ISP? Just ban all the proxies he uses and he's history right?

I mean it's not magic... he'd have to keep digging and doing more work to find more servers to use, until he gives up? I figure most guys would just say screw it and find an easier target...

Depends on the proxy and how it works. If it uses multiple vhosts you're out of luck. If it uses one base host say proxy.bleh.com then you could probably just ban the hostmask and all of it would be banned. But then that may ban someone who's using that service for it's intended purpose.

AxVegeta

All of the above dude. I can get on to servers I'm banned from, forums, sites, etc. Not saying I do it ;) but I can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by traj

you're the biggest dip**** on the board and have been since you joined... go kill yourself...

p.s. this game sucks no use arguing about it anymore

Hey hey hey hey hey!

Flaming is not allowed on these here boards, and you'd do best not to do so in the future.

Archived