Home

New Avril Lavigne Quote/WTF of the Week

Boba Rhett

"I know that even if the next record bombs, I'll still have that and I'll still go down in the history books. It'll be like Madonna, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Madonna, and then Avril Lavigne," she laughs. "I don't think it'll bomb though. I feel so strongly in what I'm writing right now."

W...T...F did she just say? :indif:

Why Madonna twice? She's not that good, and history will not remember her on the same level as the Beatles and the Stones, who actually have strong musical talent and who wrote songs that people will still perform in a hundred years. Time may remember her for her talent for causing a buzz, but not musically.

Nobody will ever remember Avril. I believe Milli Vanilli said something to this effect when they first came out, y'know that whole "Look at us! Were bigger than the Beatles!" kinda crap that low talent folks tend to invoke to cause controversy and get noticed...

Hey! I guess it worked,.. here we are talking about it. :rolleyes:

it's always fun to see how 'celebrities' try to say something really really deep sensed and how they always fail.

and all this just because of one 'hit' .. tsk.

and you can't really compare madonna and beatles/stones. it's even hard to compare the stones and the beatles.

i also think that the thing with madonna is that she 'never' does the same thing twice.

milli vanilly, eyh? when i was young and blind i thought i like them.

but then i discovered depeche mode. :)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Damn you Avril Lavigne!

Did you know she doesn't really sings? I've heard her voice on Cds and videoclips and in concert. I know there's a difference but with her it's totally ridiculous.

Actually sing your songs damn it!

...ummm...I'm pretty sure she does actually.

yeah.

They just kinda improve the sound quality on CDs and things. I mean I saw Evanesence in concert and Amy sounded so much worse than on the CD...but oh well. *shrug* was still mucho awesome.

still don't know what the context was. *shrug*

I'm thinking she got some kind of award for her album and she just started spouting off great bands that she had joined with the award. Don't really see why it was that bad out of context.

Admittedly Madonna twice was a bit redundant...but blonds are allowed mistakes like that.

Archived