Home

Changing the vehicle limit

Dr_night

I have VERY little experience with modding, (actually, none) but lots with mods, and I know that you CAN change the maximum number of vehicles in jedi academy, but I don't know HOW.

Could anyone enlighten me on this? and also once again, no experiance with modding here so please be clear, and have patience for a newbie that wants to play kotor maps.

The Open Jedi Project. It's a open source collaboration of modders that submit quality mods and improvements to the game code. You can use the OJP, in part or in whole, in your own mods provided you give credit to the original authors. It is a really good idea, and already has some very useful features. Check it out:

Open Jedi Project Official Website

Open Jedi Project Forums

Well, there's three limits.

1. is the size of the data struct for vehicles. This is the actual max number of different types of vehicles you can have ingame.

2. Is the number of active vehicles allowed on the map at once.

3. The size of the read buffer for the vehicle files. This the one that almost everyone is hitting. I've created and tested a fix and it will be in the next release wave of OJP.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by vas_zag

cant someone just make a mod that just changes the vehicle limit to like 9999999?

i mean thats what everyone wants right?

Because right now, all the vehicle files are loaded on map load. Setting it to 9999999 would result in a large hunk of memory being used even without using up the whole limit.

Archived