Home

Lego Melée Island

Merkel

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some houses are red, or blue, or white, etc, but no house is multi-colored (not sure that was what you meant).

The whole town is enclosed in a castle-like wall. In SOMI you can see some traces of this wall. I'm not sure if it surrounds the whole populace, but I just think it looks better that way.

So far only 12 houses are complete. The clock tower is also complete. The street that leads to the archway with the clock is complete. I'm working on the "left side" of this section (as seen in the perspective in the game) which leaves a lot to the imagination. As I've said, some houses had to be planned from scratch.

I'm also planning to place a few electric lights inside the houses. This way, when seen in the dark, I hope the city will convey that feeling of perpetual night on Melee and the coziness one can feel coming from the warm yellow lights on the windows. Let's see how it goes.

:D WOW sounds awesome. That guy desserved a ban I mean he just wouldn't stop! If he didn't like the idea he could have just said it once and then left this thread alone. But nooo he had to start lame jokes about anal hair and then say how pathetic he was and stuff. And then wonders why everyone hated him?

ok, ok, ok.....

lets all just calm down a little bit and discuss these even.......

RAGGGGGHHHHHHH WOT THE **** IN GODS NAME IS GOING ON, YOU ARE THE MOST ****ED UP PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, i call u all frikking sadoiks and ****...

..... and lechuckie who was simply venting his opinion and saying jokes about anal hair gets banned.

HARSH AS ****. FOR GODS SAKE THIS GUY GETS BANNED AND I GET TO WRITE ALL THIS **** ......

U ALL **** UR OWN MOTHERS U SAD BASTARDS AND BTW NONE, AND I MEAN NONE OF U HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR.

and for your information michaelangelo was homosexual so no he wasnt thinking 'i should be out pulling girls'

final tohught : ' U all make me sick to my stomach u sicko ****ed up retarded **** munchers'

p.s. learn to dish out abuse.

from mike.

cough wankers cough cough.

Interesting. I actually did the exact same project about twelve years ago, as an extension of my original Lego table--right about the time that the transition went from Town theme to full-blown piracy. MI had left such a huge impression on me that building Melee' Town as the second island on the table was something like *mandatory*.

The only difficult part about it was color scheme. Blue seems like a sound idea, but once you see a whole building in the original tone, it looks.. clownish. I mostly used black and grey pieces for the Scumm Bar and the buildings along the dock, with black for the dock itself. Brown pieces hadn't yet become abundant in sets--like with the later Wild West models--so it had to be an improv job.

Anyways, the three-street cityscape wound up being accurate to the game, save for small details like the stained glass in the church and the like. I tacked on an extra set of docks to emulate the "Island Overview" shot from the title screen, beyond the grey stone wall that surrounded the town. It wasn't feasible for space to put the Marley mansion in its actual location, so it wound up on the east end of the island. My Pops and I capped it off with starlite threads hanging from the ceiling to create a night sky effect and wired the various buildings with amber kernel lights drilled up through the baseplates.

But as a sidebar note, I'd recommend hitting up your local Lego store or website if you think certain pieces are rarer than others. The local Galleria outlet will let you fill a 24 oz. cup with whatever kind of pieces you can fish out of their huge bins for about twelve bucks. Makes things a hell of a lot easier than when I did it, scrounging through my hundred and twenty pounds of bricks to color-code and casing swapmeets and yard sales for loose pieces.

Looks fantastic!!!!!

And Melancholik, the lego stores around here, in Portugal, don't have that option for buying pieces.

I usually buy them at http://www.bricklink.com

As for the color scheme, it's bit different from the game.

I'll try to describe it briefly:

perspective - the street with the archway and the clock, the same angle as in the game. Counting from the clock towards the player's perspective:

- Clock: all black, with a white circle around the pointers

- first house on the left: blue with some black stripes

- first house on the right: red with some black stripes

- second house on the left: red with yellow panes on the window

- second house on the right (Internationla House of Mojo): white with black stripes

- third house on the left: yellow with slight black patterns

- third house on the right (map seller): yellow

- fourth house on the left (Men of Low moral fiber): tan with brown stripes

Wow. Whatever skill and dedication I put into the Melee' portion of the table is pretty much rendered irrelevent by the skill of that Monkey Island model. I'm always stunned by the ability of master builders who can pull out geometry like that..

.. anyways, I do have photos of the setup, but they're unfortunately off at Mum's house in Sydney. I'll bust open the family album whenever I'm back down there, and upload some.

Whenever that may be. In the meantime, good luck.

Originally posted by Merkel

Looks fantastic!!!!!

And Melancholik, the lego stores around here, in Portugal, don't have that option for buying pieces.

I usually buy them at http://www.bricklink.com

As for the color scheme, it's bit different from the game.

I'll try to describe it briefly:

perspective - the street with the archway and the clock, the same angle as in the game. Counting from the clock towards the player's perspective:

- Clock: all black, with a white circle around the pointers

- first house on the left: blue with some black stripes

- first house on the right: red with some black stripes

- second house on the left: red with yellow panes on the window

- second house on the right (Internationla House of Mojo): white with black stripes

- third house on the left: yellow with slight black patterns

- third house on the right (map seller): yellow

- fourth house on the left (Men of Low moral fiber): tan with brown stripes

If you want it to look blue, why don't you just get a dark room and shine a blue tinted light on it? Would that work?

Archived