Home

ScummVM Quick+Easy 1.3.5 released

Benny

ScummVM Q+E 1.3.5 released

Changelog:

• Added 'Update Glyphs' to automatically update the game compatibility icons - right click on the title bar to use it
  • Added 'Check for Update' - to check for newer versions of the program - right click on the title bar to use it
  • Added boot parameters for Monkey Island 2 Demo, Full Throttle Pc Demo and The Dig Demo
  • Added --alt-intro switch to other options
  • Added Broken Sword 1 languages
  • Re-added the boot parameters that skip copy protection
  • Changed daily build downloading, download managers wont intercept the file anymore
  • Changed aspect ratio correction so it is on by default
  • Changed nosubtitles to subtitles and made appropriate changes in the code
  • Fixed subtitles and aspect ratio (Previously if they were enabled in the ini but were disabled in Q+E and save settings was disabled too, then they would be enabled when ScummVM was run)
  • Updated game targets
  • Fixed saving of cd-drive selection (previously it only saved if the 1st or 2nd drive was selected)
  • Fixed detection of older versions of ScummVM

Get it 'ere

Thanks to Huz for the original glyph update script. Yes I know some people dont like aspect ratio being on by default, but you're all hella stupid. In the next version there might be options to change Q+E's default settings for things like that, there might be the ability to show/hide rename/create game targets too as requested a while ago. Thats all work/ability/botheredness permitting though.

Hooray for Benny!

Is there any way of manually altering the glyphs yet, BTW? I really want it to only reveal the games I actually have installed (I fear I may never play "Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise" or "Putt Putt Saves The Zoo", sacraligous though it may be), like ScummVM itself does.

Hmmmm: You could put an option to turn off any game without a profile in the scummvm.ini file couldn't you? That wouldn't be too complicated and would work, again, like ScummVM itself does.

Sorry to be a pain :)

Thanks.

In the current version you can manually alter the glyphs by editing the Glyphs.htm file after you've run glyph update.

The plan is that there'll be a full 'game manager' in the next version, where you can show/hide games, add/remove games, add custom targets, change glyphs, change game names etc.

The only trouble with it, is it means doing a big rewrite of Q+E and its a bitch to plan out. There's lots of issues like how to synchronise scummvm.ini's game settings and q+e's new custom game settings to work out. Serge gave me some ideas and indeed example code of how it could work though, so there's a good chance i'll be able to make it work.

I really like the idea of hiding games that arent setup in scummvm.ini. If nothing else I should be able to do that for the next version.

I know I moan when people complain or ask for new things but I do appreciate it. If anyone does have feature requests or what-not please let me know :)

benny, is there any possibility you can add the Loom FM Towns bootparams in the next version?

They are:

0 - Practice mode (default)

1 - Standard mode

2 - Expert mode

That's it. I don't think they should be too hard, should they?

Besides which, they're the only way to choose difficulty levels in this version if you're using ScummVM.

Also, I'm one of those guys who don't like aspect ratio automatically being on, so it just bothers me a bit (even if I am "hella stupid.")

Ta ATM, i'll put em in the next version.

I dont want to put Q+E stuff in ScummVM.ini if I can help it, so i'll end up with a Q+E.ini where I store extra stuff for games, that means that I have to be careful because I might have settings for a game in my ini where the game isnt in scummvm.ini. Anyway it all gets very complicated, theres loads of issues like that, I need to plan it really carefully, not least to make sure that its invisible to normal users and doesnt affect them in any way.

Archived