Home

The Sam & Max 2 production stop press release

JBRAA

The Full Throttle Press Release was the same way.

Actually, a comparison reveals that both press releases are extremely similar.

Full Throttle (in entirety):

LucasArts has decided to stop production on Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels.

“We do not want to disappoint the many fans of Full Throttle,” says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts, “and hope everyone can understand how committed we are to delivering the best quality gaming experience that we possibly can.”

Sam and Max (in entirety):

LucasArts has decided to stop production on Sam & Max

"After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC" says Mike Nelson, Acting General Manager and VP of Finance and Operations. There is currently no plan to reduce staff.

Actually, I think the Full Throttle press release was nicer. Though neither one offered much in the way of explanation. They're both rather terse, really.

The Full Throttle 2 press release is no longer online. Was it online for you just minutes ago?

Yeah, it was. I found it using Google, and accessed it first try. Then when I attempted to go back to it, it showed up for a second, and then redirected me to LucasArts.com. So I tried it again, and stopped it loading before it could redirect me, and copied the text, pasting it here.

Very odd indeed.

I can't imagine they'd take it offline because of the Sam & Max debacle...or would they?

Release 80:

August 1, 2003: "KOTOR sells like crazy"

Release 82:

August 27, 2003: "Yay, everybody look how much Galaxies rocks!"

"We never wrote a release number 81. Errr, hmmm, because we're superstitious! Yeah, that's it. Full Throttle 2, you say? What is that supposed to be?

<voice quality="hypnotic">There never was a plan to make Full Throtte 2: Hell On Wheels.</voice>

Archived