Home

WIP: Ep2 style Jedi robes

Prime

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to use a black male, you need to extract the PMBI07black.tga or PMBI08black.tga file into your override directory instead of the the PMBI07.tga or PMBI08.tga files. Once you extract either of these (along with the other files if necessary), remove the "black" part of the file name so that you will end up with either PMBI07.tga or PMBI08.tga.

I hope that made sense :)

I did now :)

I'll answer your question here in case others are wondering the same thing. You asked:

Hi Prime, I just wanted to say wonderful work on your KotOR robes and ask a question. I downloaded Loros' Anakin style robes but I don't use cheats or access stuff via console, since he lost all his work, he won't be able to put the robes ingame. Next best thing I could come up with is substituting one of the robes in your pack for the Ani ones so they appear ingame for me. Is this possible and would you know how I could do it? Thanks a lot and again excellent job on the robes, I like them a lot.
To do this, you could take the Anakin robes' .tga file, and rename it to PMBI07.tga. This should replace the brown robes with the anakin robes in-game. If you want to replace the dark robes, rename Anakin's file to PMBI08.tga.

Thanks so much, I'll be examining the robes closely since I want to use your robes as well as the Anakin ones. I do like the brown robes though so I'll probably replace the red and blue robes with your version and Anakin's robe.

Thanks again for all your help, the robes are uber-cool.

Another option would be to just replace one of the robes that comes with the game. You would to that in the same way, just alter the name to reflect the robe you want to replace:

PMBI01.tga = brown

PMBI02.tga = black

PMBI03.tga = red

PMBI04.tga = blue

Someone can correct me if I have the numbers wrong...

SUp Prime! First off, great job on the robes! I was wondering though, would you have any future plans on making the robes compatible with female PC's?:D :D :D All of my games thus far have been with female characters, and while the robes look do look pretty dope on Jolee, I think they'd look even better on my female PC:D Especially the dark one! That one on her would look soooooooo sweet , heheh.

peace

Oh ic, coo coo! I hope it's just a simple transfer, i take that something in the game makes the robes that come with the game interchangeable no matter what jedi they're on? Sorry, I am so mod illiterate LOL, I wish you luck if you do decide to make it happen ! ( Pleeeeeease?:D Yo I'd pay you to do it if it comes down to it, :D )

peace

btw, that saber mod is terrific as well! Having the turqoise MotF color throughout the game is going to be sweeeeet. =P

Originally posted by numark79

I hope it's just a simple transfer

Alas, it is not a simple transfer. I would more or less have to redo certain parts from scratch, mostly in the waist and back areas. :(

i take that something in the game makes the robes that come with the game interchangeable no matter what jedi they're on?

Actually, I was confused about this at first, since the textures appear to be exactly the same for both males and females, even though they are in different files. It seems that this works for the default skins because of the way the textures are layed out. Basically, the textures are warped differently depending on which model they are on. However, the areas that get warped differently are for the most part only areas that have folds and not more specific features. Since folds are pretty random anyway, these differences look fine and aren't noticable.

The problem with my skins are that some of these areas have more than just folds. There are areas which have "straight lines" which make the differences in warping much more obvious, to the point where the robe looks all wrong.

Bioware's way of doing this is actually very clever indeed. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my custom robes. I'd have to do these parts of the robes over again to get everything lined up properly. :( Unfortunately I don't really have the time right now.

Sorry, I am so mod illiterate LOL, I wish you luck if you do decide to make it happen ! ( Pleeeeeease?:D Yo I'd pay you to do it if it comes down to it, :D )

How much? ;)

btw, that saber mod is terrific as well! Having the turqoise MotF color throughout the game is going to be sweeeeet. =P

I'm glad you like it. Unlike the skins, it was pretty easy to do :D

Archived