Home

BIG Star Wars *~Spoiler~* Pic!

Boba Rhett

The things on the side of his head look too much like the fins at the back of Jabba's Sail Barge and skiffs.

Hard to take him seriously after you make that association...

Other than that I think he looks kinda cool. It reminds me of the kind of things I used to imagine the Star Wars universe might produce when I was a kid waiting for ESB to be made.

It makes me a bit sad in a way... finally movie making technology can produce some of the things I might have imagined Star Wars might be,.. just in time for the last movie of the series to be made.

Originally posted by edlib

It makes me a bit sad in a way... finally movie making technology can produce some of the things I might have imagined Star Wars might be,.. just in time for the last movie of the series to be made.

That makes no sense at all. Then what you think it might be, is different than what it actually is. It's been what it is.

Christopher Lee was a great actor to use... the problem was he had no character for the movie! Dooku had ZERO character development! We saw him like an hour and a half into the movie and all we heard about him before that was in the prologue! Why would you cast Lee, who commands so much attention on screen because his voice is so powerful and give him nothing to talk about? What was his motive? VERY disappointing. So many people left that movie saying: "WTF?"

Originally posted by pbguy1211

That makes no sense at all. Then what you think it might be, is different than what it actually is. It's been what it is.

What I'm saying is that I had all these wierd ideas about the rest of the Star Wars universe might be like in my imagination when I was a kid, what type of other wild characters might inhabit it, when I was waiting for the next movie to come out... but what Lucas could pull off with the technology at the time had to be a little more traditional (ie: guys in costumes, muppets, and stop-motion puppets) so I was always just a little disappointed that it wasn't even weirder than it was. At the time I was like: Ewoks?!?!! Come on!!! Is that really the best they could do?

Now that it's possible to make these types of things real on screen, that there are no limits to what technology will allow, there aren't going to be any more movies really exploring the universe. I'm more than a little sad that this is (offically) the last Star Wars movie anyway.

One of the things I always imagined when I was a kid was a sleek, evil robot. (Especially after seeing the bounty hunter lineup in ESB.) That's probably why this character appeals to me. I really wished they could incorporate an evil, killer robot into the story somehow.

Unfortunately, before he filmed episode 1, Star Wars robots were slow moving and clunky, simply because they were guys in robot suits,.. or done with whatever remote controls were available. And the droid army robots were more goofy than scary. The 2nd generation battle droids introduced at the end of AOTC were better, but were essentally mindless drones. What I've always wanted to see was an intellegent, crafty, scheming 'bot... like an evil version of 3P0... but fast and deadly, not slow and clunky.

Originally posted by pbguy1211

Christopher Lee was a great actor to use... the problem was he had no character for the movie! Dooku had ZERO character development! We saw him like an hour and a half into the movie and all we heard about him before that was in the prologue! Why would you cast Lee, who commands so much attention on screen because his voice is so powerful and give him nothing to talk about? What was his motive? VERY disappointing. So many people left that movie saying: "WTF?"

I know... and it's pretty sad indeed...

I mean, we almost see more of Darth Maul than him. That's not great!

<---------- I'm still a fanboy though

Archived