Home

Forget the Rest RS is the BEST!

Okay. I've given up on any more RS games for PC (I held out as long as possible). So what's the best alternatives for SW flight action games?

X-Wing Alliance ?

Starfighter ?

I have not played either of these games; how do they compare to RS?

BfN was just ok. I want to have the same thrill I used to get when learning a new RS mission!

Starfighter is closer to RS than any of the X-Wing games, but I think it's a weaker title overall. Looks nice though...

I prefer the X-Wing titles, and if you havent played any of them see if you can find the collection that had all of them in the same box.

Freespace 1 and 2 were amazing games, in the X-Wing tradition. Give them a try if you can still find them.

I really enjoyed the demo to the new Secret Weapons game. Not a space sim, but you might like it.

X-Wing Alliance gooood. Crappy art, but hey, that's why we have XWAU :D

BfN...ugh. Had its good points, had it's...terrible points. :D Mostly involving control problems (PC, mind ya).

Starfighter is supposed to be really good, and it was certainly pretty...I never got the chance to really play through it much. ^^

I've never been able to play XWA. I tried to play the demo, but it wouldn't work for me. I have played Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter. I thought they were good games. I certainly enjoyed them. I've been meaning to buy them for like 20 bucks at EBGames or somewhere.

Archived