Home

Tomorrow: April Fools Day

DarkPhobia

Well, all of us praying for this to be a really bad taste joke, will realize if it was or not tomorrow, when Mike Steemle will come up and say either two different things: 1- "Sorry guys, just kidding, the game is still on production" or 2-"Nope, game is dead, and I'm going to Las Vegas to marry Sean Clark and then take over by force Double Fine, make it an LucasArts subsidiary, and finally our dear friend Mike Nelson to cancel Psychonauts 'cos right now Psy-things don't sell"...

PS: He will also comment that Sean Clark is working on an "action-adventure" game set out in the desert, where you fight your way with your sword against different gangs and, from time to time, resolve a Sokoban-type puzzle, and it gonna be called Monkey Throttle 5"

Sorry, i think i forgot one of my brain pills, but it's all true i been told so... (now shut up little max!!!)

As stupid as it sounds, I myself still think that tommorow is our last hope (and tommorow is my birthday too :p ) - but the truth of it was that the cancellation itself was so unbelievable, the fact that it was an April Fools Joke does tie in as being equally as unbelievable. So who knows - if they did announce this, a huge sigh of relief would erupt from all around the world and they'll probably have some funny Sam & Max comic drawn for us to laugh at. An improbably cancellation matched with an improbable joke = probable :)

Course at the same time we could hear nothing but then you can turn all that disappointment back into hate towards Lucasrts which is something they deserve. But until tommorow, fingers crossed :/

Until then:

Max: You think the commisioner will call tommorow with some crazy and baffling assignment?

Sam: I really don't know Sam.. I mean Max. But we better crack open the tear gas and explosives in case they leave us with no choice

Max: Good idea Sam, Ill fetch our gear - those Lucasarts peple better get things into gear pronto

Sam: You said pronto Max.

Max: Yeah think Im losing my mind Sam

Sam: You crack me up lil buddy.

----

April 1st is not necessarily our last hope. There is a probable chance they could un-cancel it in the future. In any event, no matter what happens, I'm believing for an un-cancellation soon....very soon....

This could be a Mike Stemmle joke that went horribly wrong, planned to be an April Fools' joke from the start, and it probably doubled for the sales department to see if there was any life left in the stagnant adventure game market, or if there were really any Sam and Max fans out there.

Well, they have their answer.

I can understand somebody wanting to joke and pull fans' legs about their game. When I was doing my fangame "Goodbye Monkey Island," I originally wanted to release the first three parts (end of Part 3 is a real cliffhanger), and poke around until April 1st and say that Lucasarts shut me down, afterwards releasing the 3 remaining parts. But in the end I decided not to. :)

BTW, I am also distressed by the Psychonauts publishing news. I was going to get it, and I'm sure Double Fine will find a new publisher soon.

Not trying to be negative here, but just imagine LucasArts would run a press release on the un-cancellation of the game on April 1st only to reveal later that day that this newsflash was an April Fools joke.

After you hurt your fans just finish them off with a kick in the crotch.

Hoping for the best.

See you tomorrow.

Lucasarts hasn't said anything yet, but do they always release their press releases in the morning, or sometimes later in the day?

Like I said earlier, just because it isn't a joke doesn't mean they can't bring it back later on, which I believe they will.

I figure the game will come out, like everyone...well mostly everyone else thinks. I mean why not? they got this much feedback from this angry mob of fans, heck if they don't release it there going to have a sam and max terrorist group on there hands...

A quick tidbit...

The Family Guy is going to come back on the air with at least 22 new episodes by June, I think they said. The decision for the renwal was the fan support during the shows "afterlife". So maybe that'll breathe a little hope in 'yall for poor Sam and Max.

They renued family guy becuase the season 1 DVD was one of the top selling DVD's of the year it came out. So, uh, if you guys are still looking for false hope, you might as well start buying copies of the old game from LEC. an ass load of copies.

Originally posted by misanthrope

it seems some people are offended by three letter words and prefer not to use them.

What huh?

i was kidding, but okay, whatever.

There's two in this alone, and look I used one, and another, and another....

Newsflash, fans!

Today, at 7:30 CST, Lucasarts issued this much awaited press release:

"Due to a recent overwhelming fan response and recapitulation of market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that graphic adventures still have a place with current fanbase and fresh gamers alike. Sam and Max has resumed production with minimal delay expected.

APRIL FOOLS! HAHA, SUXERS."

That is an april fools joke. "Pranking" in march and then retracting the prank on april fools day isn't how it works.

Archived