Home

First Skin Done, Thanks for All Your Help

To everyone who helped me figure out how to create custom textures and such in PShop, thanks very much. The fishnet was just as easy as you all described!

I'm keeping my word that I would share the things I created if someone would give me some pointers, so here I am....sharing....

I have finished with my first naughty skin. The link is to the screenshot (cheapo free pic host, sorry).

Caution...partial nudity.

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8458440

It is difficult to tell in the pic, but she does have lace gloves on, too. I know it might not industry quality, but I am just starting out with PhotoShop.

Technical stuff:

This replaces the underwear file:

pfbasd01.tga

Light-skinned Scoundrel base class,

Dark Side only. So you wouldn't actually see it until you hit that second to last dark level.

I plan to create a similar skin for the other skin tones with enough differences to keep it from being boring...for me...and for the other classes.

I also have a light side modified skin for this same character class/race. Not as racey.

I won't be on much longer, but I will check back before I hit the rack to see if anyone wants a copy. If someone would like to host it, thats fine by me, just let me know where to send it.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Sorry I didn't get back here last evening. I was working on my taxes....what fun...what fun?

I will send it to T7 (thanks for the invite) to host when I get back home this evening.

I still need to find a reliable host of my own so I don't have to impose on any of you. Any recommendations? A good one? Free? Tripod is out, I've used them before and hated them.

I would like to be able to post the heads and other reskins I'm working on. I have the light-skinned black (or is she Hispanic?) female pc almost complete. I also have a base underwear reskin about 80% done.

I was looking at reskinning some of the more common armor as well, but I haven't figured out yet which file corresponds exactly with which armor skin. Some look very similar parsed out in the skin file.

Hmmm... even as a woman I must admit that you did a good texture job though I would prefer to see a few male characters being retextured ;)

I wonder why all the male characters in this game are all covered from neck to knee (except Jolee)?

I haven't tried to create textures myself. Maybe I should get started to bring a more feminie touch to the game.

Not sure I' d like to see the male characters in lingerie either...

Well, if you are ready to do this, you could start with something decent... Let's say by removing the top part of the LS males underwear suit and recoloring the lower part (I don't like the white underwear) or, if you work with a DS character then dont forget to shorten the pants or he would look like a ballet dancer wearing thights (not really what i'm looking for). Oh! and no lace gloves either...

If you have to start with one character, i would pick the semi-long hair white male (soldier). Could do the same with Carth (no, i don't want to kill him.)

To all the guys who think of complaining about my request: you already have default female npcs running around in bikini, you have a kiss, nude Bastila mods and now lingerie mods. That is totally unfair! (In exchange, I'll give you the option to kill Carth when my DS recruitable Dustil mod gets to the Unknown world.)

Got it.

No tighty-whities.

No ballerina tights.

No lace.

The mullet-hair character.

When can we kill Carth, by the way? He is way too whiney! I've already altered some of the the dlg files to insult Carth as a baby at every opportunity. Light or Dark side.

You can already kill Carth on the Star Forge if you play a DS female, if lyou don't kill Dustil and if you make sure Carth falls in love with you ( ok I grant you that if you want to kill Carth, not everything is unfair in this game.) You don't need the mod to do this.

My Dustil mod allows you to plot with Uhtar and have Dustil accompany you to overthrow the Republic and defeat Malak. Everything is done in Carth's back. I only completed the Korriban part. I want to add a sidequest and add the possibility to kill Carth or turn him to the DS when you get to the Uknown world - but i'm not there yet.

I just downloaded your mod today. I remembered to take my pen drive into work with me. (I'm away from my realy home...where the broadband is....for a while)

I plan to try it out this weekend. I don't know how you guys (and girls) figure out enough to create mods like that. I'm stuck back on reskinning and such. I feel very very dumb reading some of the script threads.

You should to try, it's not that difficult. Just need some patience. One month ago everthing was like chinese (no intention to offend anyone I just can't read chinese) to me. I started with a simple project (attackable Yuka Laka mod) to see the general mechanics of the game and explore the files. I still need a lot of help for the script part but there's always good people to help me in these forums.

Two problems I have:

1. What do you use to parse out the files you want to modify. ie: what do you use to decipher the coding? I have several things, but none will decode the KoTOR coding. (Not including fan-made tools like KoTOR tools, etc)

2. Many of the ones that seem to work the best are cl apps. I cannot for the life of me get a command window to function (WinXP) with anything. I know DOS and can do all kinds of tricks with cl, but I'll be d@mned if I can get and cl app to run on this pc now that XP is installed.

Anyway. I guess, in the meantime, I will contribute where I can. I will work on that reskin for you this evening.

I plan to load up the pen drive with stuff and bring it to work to send to Uru tomorrow. Hopefully he can post it then for the weekend.

Originally posted by Darth_Grandpa

Two problems I have:

1. What do you use to parse out the files you want to modify. ie: what do you use to decipher the coding? I have several things, but none will decode the KoTOR coding. (Not including fan-made tools like KoTOR tools, etc)

To modify the DLG files, you need five things:

1.Kotor ;)

2.Kotor Tool

3. Gff editor (you can edit dialog put it's a real pain since you can't see the conversations - I suggest TK102's DLGedit) Bioware's GFF editor is availablehere, However, I found another editor that allows you to cut and paste (saves a lot of time). It'shere .

4. TK102 dlg editor: its a text based application but makes editing dialog so much easier since you can see the entire conversation. Now i use this tool and i complete a few fields like animations with the GFF editor. It's available here

5. A script compiler available here

Many of the scripts in the game are compiled (.ncs files) and you can't open them. However, in the BIFs, you will find non compiled scripts (.nss) you can open them with notepad. In short, scripts will tell the game how to behave (make events happen , make npcs perform certain actions, etc.) You will also find scripts in these forums and documentation in T7's thread in the sticks above.

For an example of how to do it, you could look at the Yuka Laka thread here. I think it's well explained.

About opening a command prompt, I have windows XP too. You have to go to the Start menu and, in Run (not sure of the title, my computer is in French) type cmd.exe and hit enter and it will open. Then, you type the path to the application you want to open. If you have difficulties with this, I suggest you PM me and I'll explain it further. You'll need this if you want to compile scripts. (You need to compile scripts if you want the game to run them).

Archived