Home

Abuse

Druid Bremen

Okay, so this is a rant thread about how admins abuse their powers...

Just now, I was playing Siege in the clan eSe server. The teams were pretty uneven, so someone called Padme on OUR team told an eSe member, " This is your server, so shouldn't you like.. enfoce the rules?" Then he replied, " They're all n00bs, they won't listen." But, the eSe member was on the OTHER team. So I asked him why he wouldn't switch. He said he was training, while the other "n00bs" were not. Then I replied sarcastically, "So, joining the winning team's considered training eh?" Surprisingly, an eSe member told his friend, "Mom, we gotta do something." Then, I was kicked.

Sorry if this thread wasted your time, I simply wanted to know what you all think about this.

I like to think that as an admin, I abuse my power regularly.

Seriously though, the Counter Strike server I frequent is notorious for rediculously power-crazy admins. They regularly ban people for things like 'looking at them funny'. Being an admin of any kind does make some people act like morons, its just the way it goes. Infact, I'd wager it happens to *most* people who get given some kind of power. Some, however, grow past it, whilst others just go on a power crazed rampage indefinately...

(Looks at Kurgan. Looks away quickly ):p

Originally posted by Kengo

I like to think that as an admin, I abuse my power regularly.

Seriously though, the Counter Strike server I frequent is notorious for rediculously power-crazy admins. They regularly ban people for things like 'looking at them funny'. Being an admin of any kind does make some people act like morons, its just the way it goes. Infact, I'd wager it happens to *most* people who get given some kind of power. Some, however, grow past it, whilst others just go on a power crazed rampage indefinately...

(Looks at Kurgan. Looks away quickly ):p

Ah, I see.... Looking at them funny... *bans someone for saying hello*

I haven't been in my own server in almost a month.

That's actually not too different from my normal "style" of adminning.

The best admins are the ones who admin the least.

But then again maybe people are just on their best behavior because they know that it is I, 'Kurgan, the Magnificent' who encompasses their doom! MUahahhahaha!!!

Sorry, got carried away there for a second. ; )

Seriously though unless you start spamming the killtracker or piling up on one team, you probably won't see me get the slightest bit upset.

Yep, happened to me at the "Twi'lek Easter Temple" server, the leader of the clan was calling himself a god and wanted me to bow to his feet. That's not the reason he kicked me, let me tell you.

He stands by an elevator pulling people under it, killing them. He eventually picked me as his permanent 'Pull-and-squish' target, so I decided to kick him off the elevator and push him away when he tries to get up. Eventually the newbie can't find a way to counter my attacks and decides to /ampunish and /amsilence me.

Originally posted by Master William

Yep, happened to me at the "Twi'lek Easter Temple" server, the leader of the clan was calling himself a god and wanted me to bow to his feet. That's not the reason he kicked me, let me tell you.

He stands by an elevator pulling people under it, killing them. He eventually picked me as his permanent 'Pull-and-squish' target, so I decided to kick him off the elevator and push him away when he tries to get up. Eventually the newbie can't find a way to counter my attacks and decides to /ampunish and /amsilence me.

I thought this game was dead and boring to you :confused:

Originally posted by Radd

Damn, now I really want to see someone tackle some Dune inspired skins and models for JA.

"You did not read this. I was not here."

Whoa, cool idea indeed.

I didn't read anything. No one was here.

Hmmm.

I have the power to destroy the spice!

yes Rumor, it was for a while. I just got too involved in SWG and KOTOR, I forgot how fun JA could be, entering a "NO LAMING" server, laming everyone, taking a screenshot of my top score and then disconnecting before I get ampunished.

Now I'm just waiting for Forcemod 3 to come out, I want to blast some ass with dual-pistols and a Merc vs Jedi mod (where I prefer to be a Merc)

Archived