Obi vs. Ani  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Obi vs. Ani

• Obi Wan :-Anakin is arrogant, impatient
    • Anakin :-Obi was is holding me back, he's jealous of me

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Obi-Wan is most definitely the better and more experienced Jedi, though Anakin's mere potential power is staggering, so I am not sure, though Anakin's arrogance demonstrated when he said "NO I WILL TAKE HIM NOW!" Instead of the obviously smarter choice of teamwork, and the fact that he is aggresive and reckless, "the slow and steady win therace..."

-Adam G.

Originally posted by Adam G.

I think that Obi-Wan is most definitely the better and more experienced Jedi, though Anakin's mere potential power is staggering, so I am not sure, though Anakin's arrogance demonstrated when he said "NO I WILL TAKE HIM NOW!" Instead of the obviously smarter choice of teamwork, and the fact that he is aggresive and reckless, "the slow and steady win therace..."

-Adam G.

the slow and steady get sniped

yub yub, commander

Originally posted by Pho3nix

Obi wan is or was the most skilled Jedi ever. He beat General Grevious and his greatest win was defeating Anakin :deathii:

I would say that it was a loss, since a padawan turning against his master and his master beating him, is, Sith-style. On defeating Anakin, Obi-Wan would have no one to blame but himself for Ani's conversion. Obi was the teacher, he was supposed to get Ani know the Force in and out and sheild him from the perils of the dark side. Obi-Wan failed in his duty.

(Though Ani was stupid)

obi was victorious over ani, and we can't blame ani's acceptance of the dark side on Obi1. we can, however, blame ani's betrayal of the dark side on Obi1... however, none of this is evidence to which one was correct, we can only use clues from the movies and books to point us in the right direction. alas, Obi1 wanted Ani to stay in the hangar, yet, ani disobeyed obi1 and flew off into space to box with the TF... where would we be without Ani's clear disregard for the rules? without ani doing his stuff, obi1 would be dead...(he would have fallen to his death on coruscant) this would have happened if he had been able to better control ani at a younger age. and without anis recklessness, Zam wessel never would have been captured, etc. so we would all be in deep trouble without ani being reckless

If Ani hadnt left the hangar then the Trade Federation would have slaughtered all the Gungans (not saying if thats good or bad). We dont know that Obi would have fallen to his death, there is a good chance he never would have been in that situation. And what good did capturing Zam do, give Palpatine his army?

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

If Ani hadnt left the hangar then the Trade Federation would have slaughtered all the Gungans (not saying if thats good or bad). We dont know that Obi would have fallen to his death, there is a good chance he never would have been in that situation. And what good did capturing Zam do, give Palpatine his army?

i'm not saying that obi1 would have fallen to his death, but i am sure that BFN would have ended up with Naboo losing. And giving palpy his army was a good thing that came of zam's capture,, and the death of jango, etc.

How would they have lost the Battle of Naboo? The Gungans were just a distraction, and the space battle was just to minimize the number of Gungan casualties. If they hadn't taken out the droid control ship, then they would still capture the viceroy and win the battle, but there would be a lot more Gungan deaths. How was giving Palpatine his army a good thing? What is so important about killing Jango?

A) What was going on with the Gungans in no way affected the capture of the viceroy. The destruction of the droid control ship did nothing to help in the capture of the viceroy. Simple deductive reasoning:

P1. Nothing would have been different in capturing the viceroy without the destruction of the droid control ship.

P2. They captured the viceroy under the condition that the droid control ship was destroyed.

C. They would have captured the viceroy under the condition that the droid control ship was not destroyed.

B) One way or another, Palpatine would have gotten his army. And if not, I highly doubt that Dooku would lead the Seperatists to defeat the Republic. That was against the whole point. The Seperatists would not attack unless the Republic could repel them.

C) I'm sure Boba would still be as great of a bounty hunter if his dad was around longer. And if not, is that really the biggest deal.

A) You don't think the mass slaughter of Gungans would be interesting? There are plenty of other ways to make it interesting. And if there is a whole left in the story, that would not be an appropriate way to fill it. You don't substitute a major victory with a major failure, just because the story would feel wrong without the major victory.

B) What makes you say Dooku is crazy? I can think of at least one reason that he wouldn't defy Sidious. :lightning

C) As I said before, he would most likely not be a significantly different bounty hunter if Jango lived.

Archived