43 members have voted

1. 1. Obi vs. Ani

• Obi Wan :-Anakin is arrogant, impatient
    • Anakin :-Obi was is holding me back, he's jealous of me

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anakin wasn't properly trained, he was too old to be trained by Jedi, yet they still allowed him in thanks to Qui-Gon's defiance that Obi-Wan lived up to, skipping training by Yoda (which if he were to be trained as a Jedi like everyone else, he would've been at a young young age like 4, trained by Yoda), and if he had gotten such training he wouldn't be impatient and arrogant and consumed by the temptation to use the Dark Side of the Force. He's blinded by his bad temper and instincts. Just give him time, a few years more and Palpatine'll turn him into Vader, and then he wouldn't be so arrogant, and Obi-Wan wouldn't think of Anakin the same way anymore.

"You should not have come back, old man."

Besides... Anakin made this claim shortly after his mother died and he slaughtered a tribe of Tuskens. Seems to me, he's speaking more out of emotion than logic.

He does say something similar earlier on when padme was packing I think he said something like "I'm ahead of him in lots of ways blah blah blah" but I do see your point

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Prime

Anakin is a punk...

Obi-Wan was right...

Yep..i agree

anikan just wanted to get in there with his a saber and chop chop chop..but ob one wouldn't let him..coz "Fear and ager lead to the dark side"...

Corax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How can you guys say that? Obi is totally holding Anakin back, and he is totally jealous! You can SEE IT IN HIS EYES, DAMMIT! If Anakin wasn't held back by stink'n Ewan McGregor, he woulda killed Darth Vador when he met him.

Evidently you have not seen the original trilogy.

Anakin... IS Vader...

And Obi isn't jealous of anything, Anakin is too rash, too impulsive, too emotional, and gets attached to petty worldy things.

Things that eventually lead him to the dark side.

kthxbai

:xp:

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I think it's just one day he wants some sex after he knocks up padme and she tells him no and he's like "it's obi-wans fault" and then we see the battle with obi.

and he becomes vader.

If you threw in a mom joke, that woulda been gold.

• 1 month later...

Anakin understood the true power of the dark side. It is a shame to was too weak to keep up with it. He should have killed the Emperor and led the Empire. He should have converted as many jedi as possible to the dark side, killing those who didn't convert, and he would have had a powerful army, rather than just killing all the jedi he could

Originally posted by rcsquirrel900

Anakin understood the true power of the dark side. It is a shame to was too weak to keep up with it. He should have killed the Emperor and led the Empire. He should have converted as many jedi as possible to the dark side, killing those who didn't convert, and he would have had a powerful army, rather than just killing all the jedi he could

troubled, troubled squirrel

Archived