Home

svösh's work in progress

svösh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

must.....use.....anakin hilt....aways.....forever....

eh i dont like anakin too much but his hilt in episode II is da bomb!

cant wait hehe

now to see if we can get that Yoda saber on Vandar.

ever notice Vandar does not talk backwards like Yoda? hmm. i guess its all yoda lol.

• 3 months later...

Wow there was like 10 inches of dust on this thread ;) it was faster to for me use the link in my sig go to my site and link to my WIP from there talk about the web :p

Anyways I have decided that after re-making about 40 USM icons in one sitting and that’s only half…give or take :eek: I thought I needed a break.

So… From the get go I disliked the collar on the Jedi robes, and all of you that have robe skins out already ..Sorry . Anyways I slapped a fast new collar on in a few min in PS after changing the UV map exporting and compiling to make it very SKINNER friendly.

I will do all 4 models I started with the Master robe model, be a little bit patient and I will release the models and UV’s for them, I wasn’t planning on making updated skins for all the robes it’s more of a base for modders to use with custom robe mods.

As I said the collar was skinned very fast so it’s nothing special but I’m very happy with the UV ;) and it will ease the burden of complex skins turning out how you wanted them to :)

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p14109027.html

svösh

Now that looks great :D Why the devs didn't make It like that i'll never understand.

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

Svosh, This looks wonderful :D How on earth did you ever get the collar section NOT to wrap and warp all crazy like?...lol I'd be very curious as to how you did that ;)

He remapped the UVmap in max. :p

Now see T7 I need to hook up with someone some night and learn how to do that I don't understand that and I can tell it really limits your work esp. in the robes case. With the ability to remap like that it would open up tons of new designing poss.

maybe i should do the same. i've been wanting to up my skills!

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

Now see T7 I need to hook up with someone some night and learn how to do that :D I don't understand that and I can tell it really limits your work esp. in the robes case. With the ability to remap like that it would open up tons of new designing poss. :D

If you use gmax, one way to get and edit the UVMap is like this:

1) Select your skinmesh, go into the Modify tab in the sidebar and pull down the Modifier list.

2) Select Unwrap UVW in the modifier list to add it to the modifier stack.

3) Select your newly added modifier in the list, look down under Parameters and press the Edit button.

4) The Hard part. :) A window containing the UVW map opens. Move the vertexes around in the view to change how the texture is mapped onto the model. Note that if you have a texture viewport in the main gmax window your changes will be reflected there as you work.

Thanks guys and gals :) I though it would make some people happy, after posting I re- did the master robe model again because the change I made to the chest I didn’t like and isolated my editing of the uv to the collar and head cap only.

stoffe -mkb- has the right idea but the wrong order, the model will never compile with Unwrap on the top of the stack on the torso. You will get an error saying --Runtime error: Skin need to be selected and in the modifier panel Skin:Skin . The Skin must be on the top of the stack. So instead you have to select the editable mesh hit [ hold YES ] when asked, and add the unwrap uvw between Ed-mesh and SKIN. All I did was select the collar area and the unseen head cap and using average normals hit [ Planar Map]. Then I rotated it as it was on a tiny 10° angle and then scaled it down moved a few verts to make them line up nicely to the original shape of the division on the chest.

I’ll try to get these out in he next few days ;)

svösh

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you may know the model / uv fix is out with the uv maps as .jpg so everyone gets a fair chance for those without Photoshop. Get them from my site in my sig. There found at the top of the [Models section]

Is there in specific weapon you never use in k1 or k2 is it’s utter uselessness got you down ? well it did to me so I decided to replace it.

I present to you the Twi'lek Dagger a first for TSL it will replace the useless stun baton.

I plan on giving it a bit more bite as well, no name is set yet and or stats.

The overall design is not mine :eek: for the first time, Concept Source I know I was just dry on ideas.

It used to feature a head from the “Aliens” movie Alien or Aliens, however for the sake of Star Wars not Space Balls :p I replaced it with a Twi'lek head with a war mask on. Trust me saving polys is the name of the game with this one :p consider it pent up poly counting. I sort of let loose on this one but there was no other way ;) and yet I still optimized it reasonably well. I may still be able to salvages another few hundred poly’s. original count was 2080 I know heart attack right so now your all asking if I’m insane ? the questing is rhetorical .. my avitar answers it So Here it is at 1894 not bad, considering I try very hard to stay under 1000 to 2000 polys with all my weapons. This is the faces count in ed-mesh and is only the raw model so far.

svösh

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

:worship:

Now I recall why I call you "Master" svösh :D

Beautiful model man, my download finger is gettin' itchy ;) hehehe

I'm with him... :worship::worship::worship:

Very nice, but seriously how do you describe something that beautiful...

Archived