Home

Jango never existed.

JK-->Konsaras

I think the Jango character was created to give a greater background to Boba but in the process lucas did contradict alot of EU work he probably authorised but hey star wars is his what can you do (shrugs)

Actually, he's been reading the EU. Never is anyone name Jango mentioned except in books written after Episode II. Boba Fett took his name to honor the Mandalorian clan, which was wiped out several thousand years before. His real name was Jaster Mereel.

Page

IMO, Jango is just a marketing trip to get to the Fett fanboys. ;)

Well, actually, EU has alot to do with Star Wars, it gives SW a bigger and deeper plot. I believe that Jango Fett was created because they are trying to tie in the prequels with the OT. You know, Chewbacca, Tarkin, that sort of thing. Now in the books, the story contradicts itself because the Actual Boba Fett Trilogy and other stories tell 2 different things. Kinda odd, but yeah...

Well, in the current dtory, jaster mereel was jango's commander in the mandalorian mercenary army. He was killed in the attack where Jango was captured, leaving Jango to be the last of the mandalorians...

That's the most up to date story.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HalfSwedeLarz

jaster was also jangos close friend and mentor and whats EU isnt it European Union? but bobas armour was cpoied after his fathers i kno that

1: EU: Expanded Universe (The Books, Comics, anything about star wars that isn't the movies)

2: No, Boba's armor is not modelled after Jango's, it's just standard armor worn by the Mandalorian Warriors during the Mandalorian Wars 4,000 year before episode 1. They are very hard to find because most of those suits were destroyed during that war.

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

ok but jango was part of the mandolarians or whatever they r called right? and if it was sooo long before the episode1 y is jangos armour looking all new and shiny?

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

lol but u do speak the truth about not dirty unless speaking tattoine wise jawas 4 example:jawa but bobas armour is greenlike is it his dads all old and stuff:fett:

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

no i just got out of 7th and am going into 8th see i know my math and how can they be different i thought that armour was rare

Originally posted by ZBomber

No... just no....

You are making it sound like the creators of Star Wars are the EU writers!

EU is barely Star Wars... ug....

Many of the plots in the EU are far better than some of the movies, and there's a lot more detail in it than the movies. Personally, I like the movies for the special effects, the EU for the actual story (the ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, and AOTC books I include in the EU).

Originally posted by ET Warrior

You. We are all aware of your addiction to Marijuana, and are trying to get an intervention to stop you. :indif:

*stabs ET* marijuana is friend. then again.....

..... after reading this thread, I'm beginning to think it's not for everyone, my world has been shattered yet again. I blame the gnomes. SMITE THEM!

Archived