Home

Any PS2 Gamers out there?

JamesNI

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE FLAMING STOPS HERE.

Dammit...I take a break for a day or so, and all hell breaks loose. :mad:

tFighterPilot...your sometimes abrasive attitude and comments in threads (which sometimes bear no relation to the actual topic) can rub people up the wrong way. I suggest you work on this when posting in the future. I've warned you before about flaming other people - consider this the last time.

Yaebginn and Sharpshooter...in future, use PMs or the IRC channel if you want to carry on a personal conversation. Keep it out of these forums. If you have a problem with another forum member, then bring it to the attention of the moderators - but do not flame other people on these boards. I won't tolerate 'friends' ganging up on other posters.

Van Lingo...I've been watching you too, and you have also been flaming recently. It stops today.

The flames/insults stop here, or you will all be temp-banned until you can learn to communicate in a civil manner with your fellow forum members.

UPDATE: now that I have had a chance to remove all the useless flames and other nonsense from this thread, it can be reopened, on the condition that people posting in it remain on topic.

Hello... I'm new... and I'd like to stay ontopic so as to not tick off the mods kthnx! :)

PS2... yes. My comp is a piece of garbage and I don't have any other system... so my PS2 is perfectly fine by me. I'm hoping to dig in and wait for this game's release... by that I mean I hope I don't buy something before this comes out to the point where I have no more money or I lose interest in this. But ya... I really do hope the PS2 community will be an alright amount. Not like SOCOM numbers... I don't want THAT many people... communities that large suck... but thats an opinion of a Triber... who's used to 200 player communities.

:p

(I don't know exactly how big the Tribes community on PS2 is... but ya... it's not too big)

Originally posted by VanLingo

Back off, Storm. I don't flame.

If you want to moderate anytime soon, how about you start by moving this thread to the Sliced Tatuntaun, where it belongs.

p o w e r t r i p . . .

This thread does not really belong in The Sliced Tauntaun, because it's relevant to the PS2 version of Battlefront.

If anyone has an issue with the way I moderate these boards, or has any queries for me, contact me via PM. I won't answer such comments in forum threads. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Master William

That's complete fanboyism. What's stopping Battlefront from looking better on the Gamecube, or the even better Xbox?

Being that the two machines mentioned are, aparently, more powerfull (i say aparently because i never really looked and specs and stuff) I already know the the PS2 version isn't going to look as grand as the other two.. but looking better does not make a game. And being that the PS2 version is expected to look the worse, well, thats my point in being the most suprising. I think it will handle great.

Besides, you said the PS2 will have horrible performance.. I asked how it will have horrible performance, you said the quote about. Because it maybe won't look as good on the PS2 means it will have horrible performance?

I have a PS2, I buy PS2 games, and I play 'em. Simply because it feels better to play this good of a game( when it comes out )with a controller. So I must say I AM a PS2 gamer and Star Wars fan. The X-box has many bugs when u play some games ven when the disc is ok. So down with the Bill-Box and up with the PS2! :) :)

I heard on TechTV when they were doing E3 that Star Wars: Battle Front will be the first game to have something from Episode III because one of the planets is Episode III content!

Also whoever the says the PS2 has horrible performance is wrong because it is a very powerful platform. It is so good that it has to have many fans. Graphics look bad on the Ps2 only because it is how the graphics designer uses them on the PS2. It is not the PS2's fault but the developers on quality of games.

Originally posted by StormTrooper789

I have a PS2, I buy PS2 games, and I play 'em. Simply because it feels better to play this good of a game( when it comes out )with a controller. So I must say I AM a PS2 gamer and Star Wars fan. The X-box has many bugs when u play some games ven when the disc is ok. So down with the Bill-Box and up with the PS2! :) :)

I heard on TechTV when they were doing E3 that Star Wars: Battle Front will be the first game to have something from Episode III because one of the planets is Episode III content!

Also whoever the says the PS2 has horrible performance is wrong because it is a very powerful platform. It is so good that it has to have many fans. Graphics look bad on the Ps2 only because it is how the graphics designer uses them on the PS2. It is not the PS2's fault but the developers on quality of games.

The graphics of the game on the PS2 are pushing to the limit, the PS2 is 5 years old...

Originally posted by killer007

I've read on Gamespy.com they said the PS2 version looked so far better than the X box version. So pretty much The PS2 people (I'm one of them) won't have to worry about people saying they have a better version.

Though natrually, the PC version looks ten times better than both :D

Hello all. First-time poster here, and can't wait to welcome Battlefront to my PS2. I read some hands-on reviews from the press event and thought it was interesting they referred to the PS2's pre-Alpha as the "lead version". Can anyone elaborate on the significance, if any, of that? Thanks!

Archived