Home

WIP: Blood Gulch

RoxStar

I'm making a CTF/FFA map based on Halo's map Blood Gulch. I used a map from a stregy guide as a heightmap and I generated the canyon where the map itself is gonna be located. Any suggestons?

shot0038.jpg

shot0036.jpg

You should also echo the Halo placement of weapons. For instance, have the rocket launcher in a bush in the middle like in Halo and a sniper+thermal detonators at the spawn. Also, you could add this prefab as part of the scenery. Too bad no one has made it into a veh yet.

warthog.jpg

I'm still messing with the hills, I know they're gone, I'm just trying to get teh effect that I want. I need to make sure that vehicles can't hop over the hills and grap the flag and just hop back. As for the ledges I've been studying the original map to see how to shape the secret passages.

• 2 weeks later...

The blue box is where the hills are gonna go. I made the map 2.5 times longer and the lighting effects I had in the previous builds seemed to have vanish. I'll try to get 'em back in the next build. Oh well, enjoy.

shot0085.jpg

shot0090.jpg

shot0091.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RoxStar

The blue box is where the hills are gonna go. I made the map 2.5 times longer and the lighting effects I had in the previous builds seemed to have vanish. I'll try to get 'em back in the next build. Oh well, enjoy.

shot0085.jpg

shot0090.jpg

shot0091.jpg

I, being a Halo Map designer and player myself, think that this so far is nothing close. A few tips though.

1) its really out of proportion. try to make it more in proportion.

2) make teleporters from each base to the center of the field on the appropriate sides.

3) dont use that worthog model ,just extract the one from the game and use that instead. I have it if you want.

4) make sure you dont forget all of the important things like the purtruding (spelling) rock off the side of the cliff walls. Just make sure it's as accurate as possible. I will definately play it.

oh yeah and make sure you get the skybox right. Make it the bloodgulch sky you can extract it from the game via Halo Map Tools and/or sapien & guerilla

what you should really do is model the terrain in 3ds max then import it. that would make it alot more accurate.

Originally posted by B00mer

3) dont use that worthog model ,just extract the one from the game and use that instead. I have it if you want.

oh yeah and make sure you get the skybox right. Make it the bloodgulch sky you can extract it from the game via Halo Map Tools and/or sapien & guerilla

that, sir, would be illegal.

1) its really out of proportion. try to make it more in proportion.

Its going to be bigger becasue you can have super jumps in Jedi Academy. And the vehicles. It would be no fun to play with a small map.I already tried that.

2) make teleporters from each base to the center of the field on the appropriate sides.

I will. But I need to have the terrain done first :rolleyes:

I'm not making Halo vehicles. Unless someone wants to volunteer.

4) make sure you dont forget all of the important things like the purtruding (spelling) rock off the side of the cliff walls. Just make sure it's as accurate as possible. I will definately play it.

I won't. I just gotta make them using Easygen when I find the time.

I don't have the halo map tools because I do'nt have halo CE. Just the normal one. Do you think you could exctract it and email it to me? PM me for more info.

what you should really do is model the terrain in 3ds max then import it. that would make it alot more accurate.

I took a screenshot of the overhead view from blood gulch and converted it to a heightmap and easygen made me a pretty good copy of it. I also don't have 3DSmax.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived