Home

'Girlfriend'

Sabretooth

Well?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, so this is a bollywood flick about two girls, out of which one is a lesbian. The movie got poor ratings when it came out, especially because of it's weak storyline and some strong sexual themes.

There has been an uproar on the movie, it's vulgarity and it's, uh... love-making scenes. People are burning and destroying posters of the movie and even threatening theaters showing the movie.

The Movie itself shows some scenes of nudity (censored, of course ;) ) and sexual touching, caressing and that sort of stuff most of guys know about.

So my question is, do you guys think that the uproar that was caused is just fair for the movie?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by obi-wan13

People didn't burn posters and kill theaters about the movie "Birdcage." And all it was was a movie about homosexuals.

*shrugs*

I guess there's a difference between the two cultures :s

<_< why's it censored? it sounded so good then I heard censored and was like "well f*ck buying that dvd*

Anyway, I think Birdcage wasn't protested much because there was no gay love scenes, and because it's a comedy.

From the sounds of it, this was a drama thus more "realistic" in a sense.

PS: seriously though, why'd they censor the love scene? :(

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

Oh, it's just that two people of the same sex ****ing eachother is the most disgusting thing anyone could ever imagine. That's all.

.... I dunno, I myself find scatophilia to be very disgusting and beastiality.

anyway, can we get a trailer on this movie or something? <_<

Oh, it's just that two people of the same sex ****ing eachother is the most disgusting thing anyone could ever imagine. That's all.

Hmmm... I'm kind of disappointed in you Joe... Oh well...

I don't think two guys having sex is great, but as long as they love each other, of course they should be allowed to... It's not like I have to watch them ;)

Originally posted by Pie™

Hmmm... I'm kind of disappointed in you Joe... Oh well...

I'm not "pro-choice" because I'm Christian. And homosexuality s one of the things I can't just wave my hand at and say "oh, it's their choice to do that." Sure, I'm not Hitler, I'm not gonna shoot them, but I'm dissapointed that you don't care one way or another.

I don't see why its a big deal. Many people have their secrets. Just because they're gay doesn't mean you should talk about how you do/don't support them. Its not like they actually hurt anybody. I just don't see why any of this is a big deal.

I'm not "pro-choice" because I'm Christian. And homosexuality s one of the things I can't just wave my hand at and say "oh, it's their choice to do that." Sure, I'm not Hitler, I'm not gonna shoot them, but I'm dissapointed that you don't care one way or another.

What do you mean? Do you think I wouldn't care wether you merely don't approve of it or slaughtered them?

In that case you are very mistaken ;)

And I know christians that think homosexuality is ok...

There's a big difference in not approving of their choices, and not approving of their choices but still respecting them.

It's like not approving of homosexuality, but respecting other's decisions, and that I think, Christians are able to do.

Joe: so what you're saying is that people who are neutral to homeosexuality are not Christians? :rolleyes:

Archived