Home

for everyone who thinks swg is not a good rpg.

reelguy227

Hi all, this thread is for anyone who doesnt like swg for one or numerous reasons ,considering id like to get the game ,i would like to know everyones thoughts on how bad it is to them,for the those that dont like it that is,say whatevers on your mind about swg being bad ,id like to know everyones opinion .

thankyou

I think it's a good RPG... But it is far from problemless.

The biggest problem there is is that all the interesting quests are way too tough for anyone but a grinder. And many find grinding to be extremely boring. The whole game is based around mastering as many skill trees as possible so that you can become a jedi and then (they say) is when they will role play :rolleyes: .

There are also some style problems like how the game is basically about hunting animals... doesn't make alot of sense. And how the Galactic Civil War is pretty lame.

There also isn't any interesting content for the non-combatant professions, even at higher skill levels.

Conclusion:

It's a really great game engine and alot of good ideas with no content and way too much focus on getting expirience.

*cracks knuckles and begins to type*

Ok - I am one week into the demo.

First off the game is visually inspiring. With a squint you are in the Star Wars Universe... couple that with the music and it is part of the greater experience i was looking for.

However - reveal the names hanging above everyones head and things rapidly burst my immersion. However you can switch that off, but the speech bubbles - fine as they are - they are like the graphic novels. But if I had a log of all the things I had seen; 90% of conversations would be about training, Xp and equipment sales. There is hardly any 'in character stuff'.

On a few occasions - in groups, and once in a chance encounter - I have had a rollicking, and quite in depth roleplaying experience - the people are out there.

However I find these interspersed with occasional mind numbing hunts to slaughter beasts - there is only so often you can 'bulls-eye womp rats' before you scream!

Now I like blasting things as much as the next guy - nothing more satisfying than an authentic Star Wars carbine mowing down Rebel Troopers. The wholesale slaughter of animals though seems stolen from fantasy games.

On the whole - it seems a case of maintaining your enjoyment - IN SPITE of some of the games failing. However it does give you a good arena for Star Wars play - if you find like minded people. I am really only here biding my time till the JTL comes out - so take everything i say with a pinch of salt.

Enjoy

Originally posted by GeneralGrievous

This is a great RPG.Has some bugs but ahh what are ya gonna do. It really makes you feel like you are living a star wars life.

every game has bugs, but the only huge bug is Dantooine, one messed up planet. If you roleplay it definatly feels like you are living your character lol

Originally posted by reelguy227

a lot of people say it doesnt feel one bit like sw ,and im a die hard fan ,what do all yu guys think about it feeling like sw?

Hey Reelguy, ive seen quite a few posts about you asking wether or not you should get this game and stuff like that. I used to do this quite alot, but even with all the people on the forums saying yes or no i just couldnt make my mind up, but i thought, its now or never, so i went out and bought myself a copy of it. And you know what?

I definatly didnt regret it

And if you dont want to pay to buy it and then not like it, download the 14 day trial! I tried to do that the other day, but i think on IE if you download for over 12 hours consistantly it says it times out, so get yourself a download manager then head over to fileplanet to download your 14 day free trial.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Lord Haine

Hey Reelguy, ive seen quite a few posts about you asking wether or not you should get this game and stuff like that. I used to do this quite alot, but even with all the people on the forums saying yes or no i just couldnt make my mind up, but i thought, its now or never, so i went out and bought myself a copy of it. And you know what?

I definatly didnt regret it

And if you dont want to pay to buy it and then not like it, download the 14 day trial! I tried to do that the other day, but i think on IE if you download for over 12 hours consistantly it says it times out, so get yourself a download manager then head over to fileplanet to download your 14 day free trial.

Good luck!

thanks for the advice haine,ill get the game!!!finally ive made my deicision,whoo hoo!!!:p:D

Hehe, congratulations!

/cheer

/clap

Join the lowca server, its the one im on, you could probably join our guild if you want to, gimme a tell ingame and you can come hunting and etc if you want to.

Again,

congratulations!

And also...

im asking everyone. if one person in a country goes evil we all blame the entire country thats so weird

Too right. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lord Haine

Hehe, congratulations!

/cheer

/clap

Join the lowca server, its the one im on, you could probably join our guild if you want to, gimme a tell ingame and you can come hunting and etc if you want to.

Again,

congratulations!

And also...

Too right. :rolleyes:

i was goin to join starsider ,is lowca any good or is there no difference?lord haine i sent yu a pm a while back ,why didnt yu reply to it?

Archived