Home

Matrix - Legend

((Steven, it doesn't work like that. The pill itself is only the device that needs to be traced. Allso, the liquid mirror, I think, is copying the form of the freed human. So, please, no more like that. Oh, and the killing the agent's taken over body is still just a program. The agent already delete's the human when he transforms. Think why exactly do the machines take the old pods away and replace them so often?

And by the way... Have you even seen any of the Matrix-films!?))

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((the mirror scene. when neo touched the program (mirror) a piece of it was transfered to his "model/Skin." when it did it began doing the same thing to Neo that it did to the mirror when it fixed...it replicated. when part of the mirror program got on neos skin it began replicating and replacing the previous skin with itself. im sure its more techy than that, but, i believe, that is the essence of what happened.

if i remember correctly, Trinity makes the comment that it was replicating as well, and, i presume, had it completed its full replication it would have killed neo right there after it finished. its possible the "hack" or "trace program" that neo was giving altered his program in the matrix to allow such an action by the mirror. i could be wrong, though.))

((Since I just CANNOT keep my mouth shut, what makes any of you think that there's ALWAYS a mirror involved when someone leaves the Matrix, and everything ALWAYS happens exactly as the one time we saw it in the movie? Not sure how that assumption came about. But in every Matrix RPG I see the opening sequences of the Matrix copied almost exactly, as if Neo wasn't the unusual case which he was. ;)

According to the Brothers Wachowski, the mirror was nothing but a mirror; its change was a hallucination invented by Neo's mind because of the pill. He was about to die but not because of the mirror. Morpheus and Trinity had no idea what he was seeing. (Although the effect does look like what happens when Agent Smith replicates himself onto other programs in Reloaded and Revolutions, so it does seem logical that the mirror is replicating itself onto Neo.)

Outside of the story, it's a reference to Alice in "Through the Looking Glass". She goes through a mirror (that liquidates) into the Looking-Glass world.

Also, agents don't kill people they take over. They normally leave and the person is none the wiser, wondering how they got to the place where the agent left them. ;)

*Ahem* I'll go back to lurking now. :D))

((of course and I made note of that when i was discussing the mirror and its affects. the setting was determined by the people in charge and others, most notably, myself and Steel had no decision on the matter. we had to play what we were given.

it is safe to assume, though, that it could be all done by a ceremony like thing. these are your choices, red & blue, and you need to make that choice. that bald guy that betrayed in the first film had expressed anger that morpheuos didnt explain to him what it was really going to be like and, had he did, he would have chosen the Blue pill. from that, one can only pressume that a similar ceremony is the standard, but maybe with less dramatics.

ok, mirror aside, the remainder of the tracking and pickup may not change. they strap the sap in a chair, run whatever they need to get a location and then bye bye...off to wonderland. same thing for the awakening inthe pod. I dont see how much different it could be. perhaps some dont punch through before they are flushed, but others do. who knows. its an interesting sequence and interesting to play it out.

the flushing. like a drain...they are flushed from teh facility to whatever. strangely, though, morpheous says that the dead are liquified and fed to the living, but they seem to have flushed Neo. perhaps it was something in the script they him take as well as all the others they have freed. not sure. its speculation and a possible hole in the story.

either way, Im sure the mirror thing was just something that steel wanted to include in his posting as something fun. sure it wasnt original, but since this is a matrix RPG not a whole lot of originality can go into the makeup. Im sure youll see some originality and things as this thread progresses. hell, I even have a few ideas that I will be tosing in. the first major one was the flushing from the machines perspective and not pappies.))

Originally posted by Redwing

((Since I just CANNOT keep my mouth shut, what makes any of you think that there's ALWAYS a mirror involved when someone leaves the Matrix, and everything ALWAYS happens exactly as the one time we saw it in the movie? Not sure how that assumption came about.))

((Umh... Cause we say so? :D

Yeah, go back lurking. Thank you for a respected visit...))

Originally posted by Cercueil

strangely, though, morpheous says that the dead are liquified and fed to the living, but they seem to have flushed Neo

((That is because Neo wasn't dead. He woke up. When a human dies in the matrix, the body in the real world dies too. So if a guy's heart stops in the matrix, it stops in the real world too. Neo's "skin" was still in the matrix as Neo woke up, that's why he was flushed. D'oh :D

But now, let's get back to Roleplaying, we are waiting for you, Cercueil))

((alas, youre correct. on the mirror thing, Trinity did (i checked last night) say that "it" was replicating. it could have been them seeing the mirror or an indication that a foriegn program was invading neo. regardless...))

the house was nice. quant little three bedroom outside of Lafayette in Carencro. It was a nice place and a great place to raise some children. they were both smilling as the sky turned black and the hail started.

"pappie!!" Tammy had began to drift away as the wind picked up. his car had found in his neighbors living room and the Oak tree had almost insisted on dancing with him down the street. the grumbling coming from the house was loud...much louder than the wind, rain and hail. A metalic squid burst through the roof and its tenticles found their way to were pappie was standing.

"NOOOOOO!!!" he tried to scream, but the words were garbled as the squid thrust tiny pins throughout his body. the pain was unbarable, but he couldnt move or call for help.

"Come back to us. Come home." the words came from all around him and nowhere at once. he could could feel the water rising, but it was much thicker and colder than he it had ever been. the neighborhood was gone and replaced with the pod farm. Yes, it was a farm. a farm? "oh, tammy, i miss you greatly."

more of the squids came around and he began to get closterphobic (?) as the seal was replaced over his head. "Air? no, you didnt give me air!" his mouth filled with the gel as he gasped. he was drowning! he was going to die.

"pappie. Pappie? you there?" it was pauls voice.

"Paul, where are you?" but the words were nothing more than bubbles; then he saw him. paul was standing in a corner. his matted hair and clothes looked old and dirty. he had been crying and his fists were bloodied.

"they took me pappie...help me. im so scared. I think they are going ot kill me. why didnt you save me, pappie? why werent you there?" pauls voice got more hateful and the anger was obvious, "you left me. I trusted you and you left me. help me, pappie. why did you leave? why did you leave me?" the voice changed and was replaced with tammys. "yes, pappie, why did you leave us. I was there for you and would have been had you not left us. always running, eh, pappie? always running from what you need to do...from your commitments...from your friends...we hate you pappie. help us, please, we dont want to die." the voices were changing back and forth and pappie had a hard time following them.

"i have to get out of here, pappie, we have to get out of here...." the words trailed off and he was left in a see of blackness. Pappie couldnt see anything except a pinpoint of light. it was so far away and he wasnt sure how to get there.

"pappie! come on, man, dont give up on us!" the voice wasnt familiar.

"wha.." the light was now closer and he could feel himself being drawn to it.

"come on pappie....open them peepers." the light was much brighter and he could almost see a face in it.

"thats it. take it slow. dont rush it."

"huh...wha?" he couldnt make anything out, but a few shapes and that light. it was so bright.

"thought we lost you for a second there. your bios went haywire and we had to pump you some go-go juice." the voice seemed centered to his right. there were other shaps; othe voices, but he could only make out one of them.

"what happened? where am I?" the pain throughout his body was still there and he had a hard time moving, but he was moving. "am i dead?"

"No. youre not dead, but the way you hit the water out there you got pretty busted up. we have been working on you for some time. dont worry, everything will be explained to you soon. just rest up and get your strength back. "

pappie kept opening his eyes hoping they would adjust, but they just hurt so he closed them. "paul...pauls alive...."

"Im not sure, but you kept mentioning his name and one other, Tammy or something. your words were a bit chaotic there for a bit. thought you were going into a brain freeze. its not common, but it happens." the voice was pleasent and reassuring.

"but paul is alive. he spoke to me. he needs my help."

"regardless, youre in no condition to help anyone. Ill talk to the captain about finding your friend." it was a lie, but he couldnt very well say that, " you rest up. we need to get you on your feet soon. this isnt a daycare."

Pappie heard that and became a bit angry, but he was right. He had to find paul. he was alive and needed his help. this sparkle person might help him, but he would need to get up. yes. get up.

his legs felt like weights and his head was hard to control.

"whoa, there. take it easy." the tech moved over and helped pappie to a sitting position. this one was in a bad way and the tech new it. he would need more time, but apparently this one had something else in mind, " take your time and ask for help, next time, paps. we dont want you falling and breaking your neck.

his eyes adjusted better, but the tech was still just a dark form in the light.

"youre right. sorry. this has been one hell of a night and I could really use something to drink."

Slash watched pappie struggle with his crazy dream, and felt sorry for him, but there was nothing he could do, he wasn't a doctor " you stay here, i'll get pappie the drink" slash walked a few steps then he stopped and turned around " hey, where is the kitchen?" slash then spotted it down the hall " never mind i got it" slash walked briskly down the hall towards the kitchen, he got a cup and filled it with some water and brought it back to pappie " here ya go buddy, drink this slowly".

((Steven, anyone that has seen the Matrix more than three times, knows that... I've seen the original tens of times, but thats just some extra info about me :D ))

Tepe walked to Pappie. "How's it going?" he asked and turned to Slash. "You better get to Sabre, he'll download the basic programs into you"

Sabre drew a box of disks from below the table where was three large and four smaller screens and a couple of keyboards. He waited for Slash

Archived