Home

CD Writing Software

Jedi_Vogel

I've been using Roxio Easy CD Creator until recently when drag and drop no longer functions.

ANd yeah, windows XP Home... my CD writing software worked (ironically) on win ME but not so good on winXP.

Wanted to know what you people use to back up/copy CDs (as I need to do a huge myDocs backup very soon) cos I think I'll need some new software.

Thanks in Advance :)

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Nero costs money. ;)

Ummm I use the software that came with our CD burner, which is some HP CD creator.

Google's your friend also. ;)

That program is pretty small, and easy to use. It works good for making back up cds also, yes.

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

Really? You can't drag-drop though can you...you have to "prepare" the thing and then command it to "write" yeah?

i'm not too sure of what you mean by drag and drop. :confused:

all I know is theres a window and you drag your files into it and hit the "write" button.

Originally posted by IG-64

i'm not too sure of what you mean by drag and drop. :confused:

You know, like you would with a good old floppy disk, open the window, drag and drop, wait for it to write and voilà done! :)

I'll see what this Nero thing is, how much it costs and if that's bad then I'm lumped with XP *shudders* oh well...can't win 'em all :p

[edit] And I'll look at Groovy's suggestion as well :)

Thanks people :)

Originally posted by sabretooth

You must be having some program that came with the drive, right?

If it is Roxio, bonk me on the head with an electric nightstick covered with pizza and drool :barf:

*bonks you on the head with an electric nightstick covered with pizza and drools*

It's Roxio :lol:

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

Nero burning ROMe

hahaha...hehehe...

go to download.com, lotsa burners there

get a spyware thing on the way

lol

I already have 2 spyware programs, so I'll hava look again and see if I can trust SOMETHING they have on offer lol

vogel, I use roxio 6, best damn writing software, for what I use it for anyway. I gotta admit, I dont use drag n drop, and my toshiba notebook has a program for that too, like egg destroyer said. Im sure theres a reason your roxio doesnt work(after it orginally did in ME), check out their site for an update.....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

I just checked out the Nero websitevand it's pretty expensive :/

I think I'll try and manage with just windows and if I get too frustrated (which is likely :D) then I'll invest in a copy of Nero. *nods*

Get the Nero Trial, you should be able to burn cds for free for a while ;)

[edit] I need an effective and fast cd ripping program, to rip my (legal) cds to mp3s... anyone know any good ones?

Archived