Home

Xmod 2.7.0 :: Released today

=X=Master HeX

Wow I cant belive you people.

Do you think JKA is the only game with Abuse Mods ?

Check out rocmod for Solider Of Fortune.

Hell you can catch someone on fire !

You can slap them its a different command but does the samething.

Maybe People are not playing this game because it not that good ?

Not because of the Mods because they are bored with the game.

I would have stoped playing if this game didnt have the Mods.

The Mods Hex and Slider put out is the only thing that keeps this game worth playing.

Instead of slaming these guys you should be patting them on the back for a job well done.

For keeping the game you love alive.

You can find lots of servers that let you play anyway you want.

Simple fact not too many people play.

I have gone to clan servers and asked "Hey Wanna play FFA no admin powers" and almost always get a SURE !

And we have fun play how we want.

I have also seen peeps come into a server look for host abuse the host then cry admin abuse.

They know what they are doing dont kid yourself.

How many peeps are playing Halo ?

Not too many.

Is it because some jerk made a Mod ? I DONT THINK SO !

Is it because the game sucks ?:laughing:

Come together people keep the peace.

:usa:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by old man

You can find lots of servers that let you play anyway you want.

That might have been true nine months ago, not any longer.

Define "lots". Sure, if the "anyway you want" is no guns, few Force powers or none except jump, g_forceregentime 0, JA Plus Mod, dueling and chatting only, there are several servers to choose from. But plain old traditional FFA (don't even mention TFFA) with all guns enabled, all Force powers enabled, and no "honors" rules? Where?

Simple fact not too many people play.

I agree with you there. But you have to ask: why? You say it's because the game is "not that good". Well, some people agree with you, others don't. Some of us think, no, some of us know that a lot of people were turned off by the hostile, unwelcoming, contrived, artificial, inhibiting atmosphere at a lot of modded servers where enforcing made-up rules was way more important than welcoming people and letting them have fun *cough* MChrono at jk3files.com server *cough*

I have gone to clan servers and asked "Hey Wanna play FFA no admin powers" and almost always get a SURE !

You must be incredibly charismatic and persuasive.

Of course, by "FFA" you probably meant no guns, no Force, and a gentlemen's agreement that no one would "lame" another person.

I tried JO and quickly quit playing it as soon as I had started again, I stumbled upon some guy with a kick-script and got admin commands thrown at me for owning some admins in duels.

As for this topic I see no way to end these 'saber off = peace' crap system that all these immature freaks are pulling. There is no way...

Originally posted by Master William

I tried JO and quickly quit playing it as soon as I had started again, I stumbled upon some guy with a kick-script and got admin commands thrown at me for owning some admins in duels.

As for this topic I see no way to end these 'saber off = peace' crap system that all these immature freaks are pulling. There is no way...

Easiest way to beat kick scripts: take the guy to the inclines.

Guys (And girls ;)),

Hex made the mod. It is his to do with as he likes, weather we like it or not. Flaming will not change his stance. While I believe it isn't a good thing to have these commands in the mod, I cannot sit and dismiss the mod for what it is aside from those commands: very much what myself and many other people requested. Hell, i was about to talk to hex about a separate version with bugfixes/options/tweaks that most people wouldn't want to bother with (like the scoreboard, stats, etc) because of a required download when i first saw this thread.

VAM, JAM, JA+, etc. are not the progenitors of abusive admin commands. Those go back to Quake 1, Half-Life, CS, etc. They will continue to be made as well.

I've seen a lot of crap in this thread.

I want to see no more.

Call me a Nazi mod who abuses his powers if you want to, because that's exactly what I am.

*evil laugh*

Originally posted by Amidala from ChopShop

Define "lots".

.........SF IP 67.15.21.236:29070

.........JF IP 66.165.90.202:29070

........[pot] IP 67.37.184.123:29070

-=BOSK=- IP 67.15.52.216:29070

lEXJKl IP 68.102.111.188:29070

==NETUTRAL_GROUNDS== IP 66.15.3.204:204:29070"like that one I bet "

;)

-=Nitro=- IP 67.15.19.166:29070

[sJO] IP 68.249.245:81:29071

AAW Battle Ground IP211.53.170.221:29070

Ailces House IP 64.154.162.196:21788

Asian-cuisine game zone IP 202.71.97.42:29070

and oh yes the Chop shop FFA server stoped there so that would mean I was at c.

All full force and all the guns you could want.

You must be incredibly charismatic and persuasive.

Why thank you I must be!

Hopfully Im persuasive enough to help you understand your agument doesnt hold water.

Get out and play on some of these servers,and if your lucky you might find some players on them.

Face the facts Amidala,you have paid servers on a game not too many people play.

Is it Hex's fault ?

Is it Sliders fault ?

I dont think so.

When my Friends who play Solider of Fortune ask about JKA (the game they stoped playing) They always ask whats going on with the mods.

I never hear AHH those darn mods if not for them I would still be playing JKA.

Support Our Troops !:usa:

;)

Wow, I have no idea what real ffa is to you, but considering I've played it at most of those servers and have been kicked and/or banned at more than half those, I do not think that means what you think it means.

;)

Get out and play on some of these servers,and if your lucky you might find some players on them.

Yes, there are still a few EMPTY full-weapon full-force "traditional" (no "honor" rules) FFA servers out there, that just proves my point. Maybe they used to have players, maybe they never did, but they don't now. People who play and have played other games and know the way the rest of the gaming world plays FFA left. Or new players who had the misfortune of going to one of those "honor" servers either were treated like cr@p for playing, or were brainwashed and intimidated into joining the "honor" ranks.

Oh, and BTW, I don't know how current your list is, but out of the first three servers you listed, one is saber only and another is not listed in the All Seeing Eye, Qtracker, and /connect 67.37.184.123 got me nothing, and so it is probably dead. And my FFA server has been gone for a few weeks, but thanks for mentioning it. After that I didn't bother checking the rest of your list, I have better things to do.

Get out and play? I have actually gone to ==NEUTRAL_GROUNDS== you mentioned in the past and saw the typical "prison guards watching the prisoners in the exercise yard atmosphere" with "admins" teleported up to the highest parts of the map, watching for any "laming" so they could sleep someone.

Don't get me wrong, admin-power abuse isn't the ONLY reason people left the game, it's just one of the biggest reasons.

People didn't stop playing BECAUSE of the mods per se, it was what 13-year-old admins DID WITH the mods that drove people away.

Oh, and BTW, I don't know how current your list is, but out of the first three servers you listed, one is saber only and another is not listed in the All Seeing Eye, Qtracker, and /connect 67.37.184.123 got me nothing, and so it is probably dead. And my FFA server has been gone for a few weeks, but thanks for mentioning it. After that I didn't bother checking the rest of your list, I have better things to do.

Your right didnt pull down new list.Point being there were 12 when I reached the letter C. The list is a couple weeks old.

Thats more then a few Amidala.

Don't get me wrong, admin-power abuse isn't the ONLY reason people left the game, it's just one of the biggest reasons.

Maybe thats true with the people you know,but its not true with the people I know.

People didn't stop playing BECAUSE of the mods per se, it was what 13-year-old admins DID WITH the mods that drove people away.

I also hate 13 year old power mongers dont play at servers were they are at.

Originally posted by VaderJM

Wow, I have no idea what real ffa is to you, but considering I've played it at most of those servers and have been kicked and/or banned at more than half those, I do not think that means what you think it means.

Wow you must be on the lookout for trouble when you play to get kicked off so many servers.

Maybe you should figure out what kind of behavior issuses you might have.

Let me try to help you.

If you go to a server and they arent playing the game how you would like leave before you get kicked or banned.

Hope this helps you VaderJM

Happy 4TH all :usa:

The main reason JA+ mod is ruining JA is because it encourages so many newbie settings. For instance, it makes force regen 0 as a standard setting. Thus, all the newbie FFA full force clans think this is the way the game is supposed to be played, and won't listen to reason. Thus, Full force dueling and tffa is basically ruined with these groups. They simply don't understand why a neverending drain fest that basically ends up in a contest to see who fails to break the other persons grip kick first is moronic.

Also, there is nothing you can do to avoid admin tyrants. If hex didn't put the commands in, they would just use JAmod to get them. JA mod is a pos, everyone who played jk2 knows it. All JA mod does is give you a dumbed down and less complex version of jk2 style gameplay. The full force saber community in jka is a total joke. I play on Sanguis Fratrum Duels (Great duel server running xmod2). This guy from a clan called IJ comes in claiming they are the most elite full force clan in jka. I hammered him non stop for 2 maps during which time all I heard was "this slow force regen is for newbs" (it was set to standard 200), and one time when I used the out of LoS grip he said "OMG THAT IS SO LAME". He ended up saying jk2 sucked and was for newbies, and that JKA with jamod and 0 force regen was the elite way to play and left. There is no reasoning with these newbies. They will never leave the comfort of their JA mod 0 force regen drain fest servers where the only legitimate attack is grip kick.

In the end you just have to accept that JA mod was made by a newbie and corrupted the JA players with his newbie mod. Xmod was made by Hex whom i've played with for years, and is clearly the superior mod. With or without admin commands.

About the honour stuff, it doesn't take much to get banned... Today on JO, me and my friend entered a clanserver. We accidently kicked the clan leader right in the head and suddenly the whole clan chases us through the map like psychos and eventually ban us.

We entered a new server, and we saw some girl/guy with the name Nikita. We saw his/her saber was up and she/he wasn't chatting/etc (we were clearly following the rules on the server) and again, some guy who thinks he is gonna get a sweet hug by Pamela Anderson attacks us and eventually bans my friend. I eventually left though.

And let me just tell you that these idiots couldn't beat us with empowering themselves with /amempower.

See, it's all brainwash

This guy from a clan called IJ comes in claiming they are the most elite full force clan in jka. I hammered him non stop for 2 maps during which time all I heard was "this slow force regen is for newbs" (it was set to standard 200), and one time when I used the out of LoS grip he said "OMG THAT IS SO LAME". He ended up saying jk2 sucked and was for newbies, and that JKA with jamod and 0 force regen was the elite way to play and left.

Heh, that server is always empty, but it's really good for training when some SF guy is in there. Oh, and who was that guy from IJ?

BTW, hello, Red. :) I'm Druid from DS.

Edit: Nevermind I thought AS was arguing about the default JA setting (200) rather than the JA+ setting (did they really set it to "0"? man that's stupid!).

AnalogSaint, please refrain from flaming other forum members and using obscene language. Thank you.

---------------------------------

I have already argued at great length why one can't simply say "well he should put these features in and only bad people will use them." Xmod2 is NOT helping the community by putting in abusive admin commands "just because JA+ Mod has them."

Hex basically said already that he put them back in to increase the popularity of his mod (I guess thinking that JA+ Mod's popularity is due to the abusive admin commands). So essentially he's admitted to appealing to the lowest common denominator in the community, the anal-retentive "h0n0r n00b" that we constantly berate on here. That's why it's upsetting to Xmod2 fans like me, because Xmod2 used to be aimed at competative players and serious gamers, now it seems he's trying to appeal to the 12 year old mindset with this move.

Does Hex honestly believe that the only reason people don't use his mod as much as JA+ is because of the lack of abusive admin commands?

Maybe he will wait and see if the numbers go up. If they do, then he'll have finished the ruination of the community by making the rest of the servers abuse-ready. I guess we lose either way.

Also, let's stick to the issue (Xmod2). Those space filler "debate joke insult" jpegs don't add anything to the discussion and are really cliche!

yeah, the default force regen for ja+ newbie mod is 0. And what happened was that all the newbies who started playing jka and saw people grip kicking and what not began using ja+ instead of xmod, and now refuse to play on any other setting. It's incredibly homo.

The Sanguis Fratrum full force duel server is more then just "good for practice" It's the only full force duel/ffa server in the whole game that has jk2 style gameplay plus all legitimate standard settings. It's the only real place for competitive full force dueling in the whole game.

Originally posted by AnalogSaint

Also, there is nothing you can do to avoid admin tyrants. If hex didn't put the commands in, they would just use JAmod to get them. JA mod is a pos, everyone who played jk2 knows it. All JA mod does is give you a dumbed down and less complex version of jk2 style gameplay. The full force saber community in jka is a total joke. I play on Sanguis Fratrum Duels (Great duel server running xmod2). This guy from a clan called IJ comes in claiming they are the most elite full force clan in jka. I hammered him non stop for 2 maps during which time all I heard was "this slow force regen is for newbs" (it was set to standard 200), and one time when I used the out of LoS grip he said "OMG THAT IS SO LAME". He ended up saying jk2 sucked and was for newbies, and that JKA with jamod and 0 force regen was the elite way to play and left. There is no reasoning with these newbies. They will never leave the comfort of their JA mod 0 force regen drain fest servers where the only legitimate attack is grip kick.

In the end you just have to accept that JA mod was made by a newbie and corrupted the JA players with his newbie mod. Xmod was made by Hex whom i've played with for years, and is clearly the superior mod. With or without admin commands.

In case you didn't know:

JAMod -> mod for JK2 by cHoSeN-oNe

JA+ Mod -> mod for JKA by Slider

So I guess that in the above posts you mean JA+ mod, not JAmod; but I can't tell if all of them are wrong :\

Were people in the habit of using forceregentime 0 in JK2?

'Cause I think those who complain about spamming are the same people who set forceregentime to "0" in JA, saying that "force takes forever" and they "don't want to wait."

Raven made the saber moves use up Force mana a reason, after all.

It throws off the game balance by essentially giving everyone infinite force (I should qualify that by saying one more thing... this really benefits "instance use powers" at the expense of powers that halt your regeneration). It makes Force Boons and Team Regeneration pointless as well.

This is a problem with admins, and it's a bigger problem with JA+ Mod, but again, we're discussing Xmod2 here, right?

Fine, it's been established that JA+ Mod and Xmod2 are very differnet from one another.

I guess this helps to reinforce my point that Hex is mistaken to believe that the only thing stopping people from using his mod is the lack of abusive ampunish style commands. So it wasn't that big of a digression...

some people just don't want extremely slow force regeneration and people spamming kicks everywhere

That made no sense. 0 force regen is insanely more spammy then legit force regen. I don't know what else to say, that comment was just clueless.

Nice mod, but I have a quick question - does the cvar that stops grip from turning off your saber also stop grab-drain from turning off the saber? If not, could you add such an option? Thanks.

Edit: Erm, how do you use the mod? It doesn't appear in the mod list, and the readme isn't clear on how to actually use the command it mentions to load the mod... Thanks.

Archived