Home

USA Successor

yaebginn

Originally posted by Luke'sMaster

I already mentioned that above if u havent been paying attention.

Yes. I noticed the talk about America's obesity problem already. You'll note that I have been posting in this thread, so i'm obviously paying attention. :dozey:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The state should be totally separate from the church, and so there is no reason why the state should have any opinion on homosexuality at all.

2 things...

You forget that

1. THE STATES WERE MADE BY THE CHURCH!!!

and

2. HOMOSEXUALITY IS BOTH WRONG AND AGAINST GOD WHO HELPED FOUND AMERICA IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Not to be rude in anything but America is beginning to stray from God....

NOTE: For those of you who don't know.. Christianity is not a religion, but a lifestyle...

Lyrnx

Alright...

1. that may be, but one of the points in the thread was that america's laws and stuff are based around an old system. My country, holland, was once a tiny state controlled by a celtic barbarian king, but that doesn't mean we go around worshipping oaktrees, chopping off heads where we go. I hope this illustrates what i mean.

2. as an atheist, i can safely say that in my vision, if there was a god, he probably didn't create the USA, and if so, made a mistake doing so. I'm not against the states in particualr but those points that Mort-hog named where pretty good ones... and in my atheistic vision, nothing is wrong with homosexuality. they can't deny who they are...

Another NOTE: Christianity includes a God. Where i come from, that's called a religion. (or actually religie but let's not get picky here). Humanism, that's a lifestyle.

(cuz it doesn't have a God.)

that said nothing to prove lyrnx wrong. It said something about the christian religion. But not christianity. It is a lifestyle. This has not much to do with anything, but the word christian was inteneded as an insult. The romans, I believe called christians that to make fun of them, calling them little Jesus's. But we accepted it as our name. a little fun fact.

But then what's the difference between the lifestyle and the religion

Example of a religion: Buddhism, Hinduism, etc...

Example of a lifestyle: Your daily life! For Christians it would be Christianity...

Lyrnx

So if i believe in the christian god, i follow the christian religion and if i go to church on sunday i follow christian lifestyle?

Guess i'm not so atheist as i first thought. Afterall, there's gotta be something that created stuff right?

Originally posted by Lyrnx

Example of a religion: Buddhism, Hinduism, etc...

Example of a lifestyle: Your daily life! For Christians it would be Christianity...

:eyeraise: That is the most non-sensical thing I've ever heard. Buddhism is more of a lifestyle than Christianity.

Buddhists live their lives as buddhists, hindus live their lives as hindus, so according to your logic, there is no such thing as religion. :dozey:

Originally posted by yaebginn

that said nothing to prove lyrnx wrong. It said something about the christian religion. But not christianity.

The state or fact of being a Christian.

So, being a christian has nothign to do with being a religion? You people confuse me.

not nothing to do with, just isnt the same as. Christianity is a lifestyle, because it follows you through your daily life. Everything I do is backed up by my experince in living as a christian. If someone got me mad, I wouldnt swear, because I was raised as a christian and while some christians will slip up every now and again, most that I know dont.

Christians aren't supposed to curse? Where does it say in the bible that you can't say damn or ass? I'm pretty sure those words were USED in the bible....

And your desciption means that Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, and the like are all lifestyles too. So in that case there's no such thing as religion, just lifestyles :rolleyes:

(though atheism really is a lifestyle, and not a religion....)

So if i believe in the christian god, i follow the christian religion and if i go to church on sunday i follow christian lifestyle?

Uh no... First you gotta accept that you are a sinner, and that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose again on the third day and trust Him as your Lord and Saviour.

Good works don't get a man(or woman...) saved from Hell... Only Jesus' bloodshed will...

there's gotta be something that created stuff right?

Wasn't no "Big Boom", giant gas cloud, etc...

if there was a god, he probably didn't create the USA, and if so, made a mistake doing so.

America was founded FOR GOD and BY GOD. It was us americans and our sinful nature that made it how it is today.

That is the most non-sensical thing I've ever heard.

Ya i kinda screwed up a bit in that post...

Christians aren't supposed to curse? Where does it say in the bible that you can't say damn or ass? I'm pretty sure those words were USED in the bible....

Here's the thing. in the Bible and Ass was refering to a donkey. not someone's butt. The Damned are those souls who refused Christ and went to Hell.

Nowadays *pardon* damn is a curse word and not used as much as refering to those who go to Hell. Plus the Bible says to stay away from any foul language. There is no excuse for cursing.

"But i.." Nope. No true excuse...

PM me to know more... Can't fit it all in a post :p

Lyrnx

yeabginn, lyrnx: travel around the world a little please (not only for vacations at the beach).

You'll soon learn that there are many ways of living and thinking (and that the US is not the center of the universe). None of those ways of living is completely right or bad: there are good things and bad things everywhere you go. Ways of life also tend to change with time: it's called evolution. So who's the best? That also tends to change according to geography, timeline, sex, age, income, religion, etc...Truth is not as simple as you think.

I've travelled a lot and I've seen atrocites, painful as well as beautiful things. Sometimes one beside each other, at the same place at the same time...

My opinion about religion and life: the important thing is, no matter what you are and what you believe (or don't believe) in, the essential is to try to make life better, not only yours but that of everyone around you (sometimes it takes so little). Don't render other people's life miserable.

Erm...how did I ended up here? :eyeraise:

ET, the Bible says 'Do not let anything unwholesome come out of your mouth' that means swearing. And America isnt the center of the universe. Alot of countries are good to, but statistically, America is the most powerful and richest, which basically makes it the best. Oh, it also is all about freedom, which contributes greatly to its greatness and it is one of the yungest coutnries, yet grew really fast to be awesome. What is the best country to you and why? Oh, and Mort-hog, it does matter what country you're from because in a debate, our ground should be fairly equal. I am from America, now to balance things out, you SHOULD tell me yours. You wont, which I think is cowardice, but thats your deal.

America is the most powerful and richest, which basically makes it the best.

If this is your criteria (military and economical power) I won't argue with you...I think it is self explanatory...and sad... :rolleyes:

Truly, you should do some serious reading about history and some travelling as well.

ET, the Bible says 'Do not let anything unwholesome come out of your mouth' that means swearing.

The bible also says it's okay to stone your wife to death if she cheats on you. Do you follow that part of the bible? Just curious.

How is swearing unwholesome? And how is swearing defined? Where is the line crossed? Some people say that damn is okay, some say it's not. Some people don't like the word crap. Does it line it out in the bible? I'd like to know which words are earning me a place in Hell.

WEll... can't say this thread got boring since ET got here...

Just for the Record: I'm from holland. Wich is a lot like America. Only we allow gay marriage, possession of soft-drugs, and are a lot more tolerant about a lot of things. Here, the 'state' IS seperated from the church, and by the looks of it, that's saing us a lot of trouble.

We also have a Queen, but that's another story.

and cursing doesnt make you go to hell. Living does. You have to accept God and then you're saved, it doenst matter if you never cuss. And since Jesus died for us, alot of things in the Old testament dont apply. Because of him dying, we dont have to give sacrifices, kill our wives, and the like. I'm about to go t church, but when I get back, I have a whole list of verses against curses and other various words. Your country is fine, but its no America. I mean, we were built on the Church, we should honor it. It's also way smaller, we have a ton of people and it'd really screw the country up if the dam broke and drugs were legal, gays could marry and such.

and cursing doesnt make you go to hell. Living does. You have to accept God and then you're saved, it doenst matter if you never cuss. And since Jesus died for us, alot of things in the Old testament dont apply. Because of him dying, we dont have to give sacrifices, kill our wives, and the like. I'm about to go t church, but when I get back, I have a whole list of verses against curses and other various words. Your country is fine, but its no America. I mean, we were built on the Church, we should honor it. It's also way smaller, we have a ton of people and it'd really screw the country up if the dam broke and drugs were legal, gays could marry and such.

Amen Brotha!

Naturally we go to Hell. But then Christ died out of love for us and rose 3 days later we can be saved from hell...

However some people decline God's love.. Mostly cuz they don't wanna give up their sinful nature. They just wanna keep on sinning. But their stubbornness is what get them to hell.

Well, g2g to church. Cya...

WEll... can't say this thread got boring since ET got here...

Have to agree with ya there :p

Lyrnx

and it'd really screw the country up if the dam broke and drugs were legal, gays could marry and such.

About legal drugs, i can understand that. I'm agains't that as well. But i don't see how gay marriage can add to chaos?

Originally posted by Doomgiver

But i don't see how gay marriage can add to chaos?

Well for one. It is immoral. Two. It is just plain on sick. Imagine if everyone in the world were gay. No more humans would be born, thus if it kept up all humanity would die out. Not just america.

Lyrnx

There you go again! Everybody says it's immoral and sick! it's not! They're just following their harts! and there will always be straight people, so ofcourse people will be born! But if there were lesser people on the world, that wouldn't be a problem either since the world is a bit overpopulated.

I really don't understand the logic of, "If gay marriage is legal, everyone in the world is going to be gay and we're doomed". Are YOU planning on jumping on the nearest guy to you once gay marriage is legal? Just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone will do it. I'm 19 and it's legal for me to smoke cigarettes. Do I? Nope. Don't want to.

And now for something completely different.

So what you're saying is, befor Jesus died, EVERYONE went to hell. So there were no people going to heaven for the thousands of years before Jesus' birth? God must have been lonely.

and cursing doesnt make you go to hell. Living does

:eek: We're all screwed!!! We're all living!! We're going to hell!! AAAAYYEEEEEEEE

Archived