Home

democrat or republican?

RicardoLuigi...

dem. or rep.?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. dem. or rep.?

• i'm a democrat...therefore i'm a jackass.
    • i'm a republican...therefore i'm a fatass clumsy elephant.
    • i'm neither...who gives a rat's ass?
    • **** you all.

Originally posted by Das Mole

... and maragaret thatcher (whoever the f*** she is)

:rolleyes:

YO! It's called "The History Channel" Watch it!

:p

She was Tony Blair before Tony Blair was... Or in other words: The British Prime Minister during the Reagan era. (And please don't say that you don't know who he was.)

maragaret thatcher (whoever the f*** she is)

First (and as of yet, only) female British Prime Minister. Kind of famous. She weren't the best, not by a long shot, but she's still kinda important in any kind of history.

oh. i'd heard her name somewhere before, but i didn't know who she was..

and yes, i know who ronald reagan is (actually, was, since he died)...he was the 40th president of the united states, just before the first george bush.

and i don't like the history channel. how boring. *yawn* who cares what happened during world war I? i sure as hell don't.

You do realise that it doesn't really make any difference who you vote for?

By European standards, both Democrats and Republicans are very conservative and very right-wing. America doesn't have any remotely left-wing party that has a realistic chance of making a difference. America has such a poor democracy.

Really, if Al Gore, the guy that won the presidential election, was actually President, do you think America would be in any different position than it is now?

America is long overdue a violent revolution.

no, if al gore was president, nothing would be different...oh yeah. we'd be in worse shape than we are now. what would al gore have done differently? i hate how all these democrats complain and stuff about how badly george bush is doing and how everything he does is wrong, and like how john kerry says that the bush administration has been arrogant, ignorant, everything. it's like, well, what are you planning on doing that is so different that you're gonna make the world a better place? it's like, he keeps complaining, but then he never offers anything different. he doesn't say anything about what he's gonna do.

and, i also have to say that even if kerry wins the popular vote (which i doubt he will, b/c he's such a wishy-washy doofus), it doesn't matter anyway b/c it isn't even up to the public, it's up to the gov't, and nearly every president has been elected to two terms in a row in office, so i doubt it's just gonna change all of a sudden. bush is gonna be elected again, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. i think voting is absolutely pointless, which is why i won't even ever bother to go and vote.

For starters for making a world a better place, us democrats might just NOT bomb innocent people in far off countries? Maybe spend money on education and environmental research instead of blowing it all on the military?

Hey, how about KEEPING the five billion dollar SURPLUS we had BEFORE Dubya was president, instead of lowering taxes for the rich and creating a 3 trillion dollar DEFECIT.

I'm liking the democratic way here.

There have been several one-term Presidents in the last couple of decades. At least 2 in my lifetime (3, if you count Ford as a full term) One of them also happened to also be named Bush, at the time a fairly popular, victorious war President...

It seems reckless to me to assume that it's a very rare event, and that the vox populii cannot suddenly turn on a leader to demand someone new.

Even without Iraq W. has enough of a record to energize the entire Democratic base against him. Civil Libertarians and Greens are also lining up to make sure to bring him down. I've also heard quite a lot of grumbling against him from old-school Republicans (NOT Neo-Conservatives) about his fiscal agenda and foriegn-policy record so far.

I really don't believe his support is as rock-solid as you think.

well, he lost the popular vote last time, and still got elected to office...what's to say it won't happen again?

and before someone really goes at me for saying things about democrats, etc., keep in mind that i know nothing about politics, and i'm only saying that based on what i do know, which is very little. if i had to rate my interest in politics on a scale of 1-10, i'd probably be at a 1.5.

and is it just me, or does that obama guy's last name sound strangely like "osama"....hm...could he be an al-qaeda supporter? *rubs chin*

*shrugs*

well, he lost the popular vote last time, and still got elected to office...what's to say it won't happen again?

It's possible, but unlikely. This election will be too well watched for the kind of inconsistancies that plagued the last one,.. I don't forsee another trip to the Supreme Court about it anyway. Armed revolution in the streets would break out before that could happen again.

However, it is possible that the Electoral College could decide the outcome again. 2000 wasn't the first time that had happened, and as long as that particular creaky, archaic institution still exists, it probably wont be the last.

i think voting is absolutely pointless, which is why i won't even ever bother to go and vote.

That's the worst and stupidest thing to do. You don't have the right to complain if you don't do anything about it. Always vote, always vote for the lesser evil. You can't expect to wholly agree with a politician.

well, i never said all politicians are evil, b/c i don't think they are, however i mean that voting is pointless b/c the popular vote does not always match the electoral vote. the popular vote has nothing to do with anything. if the person that wins the majority of votes does not win, what's the point of even voting at all?

The problem with NOT voting is that the elected will be representative of a small minority.

You can be sure that the political extremeists WILL vote, but normally those votes would be cancelled out by normal people. If they don't vote, the extremeists have all the power.

Yes, when you only have a choice between two people, it's a lottery and not a democracy, but in local elections there'll probably be lots of different candidates.

Archived