Home

Battle Report threads

Guest DarthMaulUK

Saturday September 25

The first game saw pbguy and StarWarsPhreak (both Rebels) against saberhagen (Empire), Viceroy (Confederacy) and myself (Naboo). The map was Rivers, with Viceroy in the pocket, saber near pbguy and me near Phreak.

pbguy was pounding saberhagen from pretty early on, but saber was surviving with support from Viceroy. I was keeping Phreak busy for the most part, but soon the distress call came from saber. Pbguy's usual Mounty/AWing force had arrived en masse. I sent my fighters over straight away, and although pbguy threw some Fighters into the mix I managed to route them. While Viceroy and saber kept pbguy busy at the front, I zoomed around the back and hit pbguy's econ quickly, and munched through several AA Troopers and Fighters that tried to see me off. The annoyance I was causing resulted in pbguy resorting to insults, something I hadn't experienced before.

With pbguy quite annoyed, I switched my concentration back to Phreak. I'd had some Cruisers in production and soon I had a full contingent each of Fighters, Bombers and Strike Mechs, and with a handful of Cruisers I took to bombarding Phreak's base. He wasn't too happy, sending all the air he had at the Cruisers, only to have them swatted by my Fighters. With his forward Fortress down, I moved around the side and bombarded the prefabs blocking my path, then moved on to take out one of pbguy's Fortresses that was close by. At about this time we had the first out of sync error. Frustrated, we all returned to the restored game. For some reason pbguy's insults continued whilst we waited for the game to be uploaded to everyone, so I guess I must really have annoyed him!

With the game back, I continued in the bombardment of Phreak's base. Only a couple of minutes had gone by when the second out of sync error occurred.

We restored again, and after a short while most of Phreak's defences were down and I sent in the bombers. He had two Fortresses close by protected by the same shield with an AA Turret there too, which caused an awful lot of grief to my air force, but Phreak resigned when my Strike Mechs showed up.

With Phreak gone I began replenishing my air force, which had almost been wiped out to a man on Phreak's Fortress group. Almost up to full strength and looking at where to begin the attack on pbguy, we had yet another out of sync error.

Pbguy vanished from the IRC room before the rest of us returned, so I figured he had quit in disgust. As such we were unable to restore the game again, so instead started a second one.

In this, the V Team was together again, with our usual civs, against saber and Phreak with their same civs again too. Saber rushed to TL3 so quickly Viceroy and I didn't even realise it, and before we knew it he had mounted a Strike rush against Viceroy. Reeling, Viceroy resigned right then. I managed to hold off saber's attacks for a while, but once he'd built a shielded Fortress on the edge of my base complete with Mech Factory, I knew I was done for. He sent in some Pummels to finish me off. Meanwhile Phreak had been determined to give me a taste of my own medicine by building up a Navy, but saber had defeated me before he could show up to deal any damage.

Ultimately the Out Of Sync Errors spoiled the first game, which would have been quite satisfying had we been able to play through to the end. And the second game was over so quickly it was also a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully things will be better for me tomorrow.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no point trying to finish that game because it was pretty much finished anyway. There was no way pbguy was going to beat 3 of us once it got to that stage. We had more territory, more resources and more pop slots. Weight of numbers would have done for him eventually, unless we all did something really really stupid. To be honest I find protracted T4 wars pretty tedious.

Well, since Vostok hasn't written a Battle report yet, I'll write a halfassed one... that is if I remember everything:

Saturday:

It was me and pbguy vs Vostok, DK, and saber. Vostok basically harassed me the whole time while I was trying to get defenses out. PB guy was stomping saber at one point from what I saw over holonet. Then Vostok spawns Navy Cruisers and proceeds to demolish my base. By this time, we've OOS'd like 2 times, and I kept telling them it's gonna do it again cuz the player colors and teams were screwed up. Once my base was destroyed beyond repair, I went ahead and dropped. Nothing else I could do.

I don't remember if I played a second game... so... on to Sunday!

I think we played a first game, but I remember litle of it :/

The next game was random civs/teams, but Vostok and DK were on different teams. I ended up with Confed and on DK's team with Naboo. Vostok(Rep) and Mara(Wookiees) were together. The first Tech levels went smoothly, I had early warning of Vostok's clones due to my house wall, so I pumped out some super battledroids. Then once I got to T3, I started to build the grand army of the Confederacy! Which consisted of a mix of Strike Mechs, Mech Destroyers, a few cannons, AA, and troopers. While I sent that on it's way, I built another group with more anti-infantry in mind with more cannons. DK was doing a good job air whoring and "mixing it up." We went for Vostok first, my cannons took out chunks, and DK's forces swamred his base. Eventually, Vostok had to make a new base in Mara's.

At this point, I got Spynet. It was only 5k and I was doing enough trading/mining. I began to rebuild my army for Mara. I thought what the hell, and built a lot of Assault mechs, then some more cannons, and GeoWarrior swuad. I also put out a forward base, painfully close to her base. I was afraid they'd attack it. That was gonna be used mainly to send in more units int he frenzy. Also right after I finished the fort there, I secretly built like 4 Air Cruisers to lie in wait.

Then the siege on Mara begins. Vostok's little outpost was in the corner of her base, but for some reason he didn't build a Command Center, so when I killed his workers, he was kinda... screwed. He apparently had enough stockpiled resources to make a lot of troopers. My cannons attack from the bottom, and DK goes around top where here prefabs are. My forces were kinda getting slaughtered, but my geowarriors sorta added to confusion and frenzy. Mara's squad of cruisers were attacking from a distance. So I pop out my Air Cruisers and destroy the whole bunch. Then I let them loose to destroy everything in sight. I think they killed quite a few of DK's men :xp:

Yeah, I have bad memory, so Vostok can write a better one when he gets around to it.

Indeed I had not written a Battle Report, I was curious to see if anyone would write one if I didn't :D Thank you for doing so, Phreak.

On Sunday we didn't have a first game like you thought, our first game was the random civ game. I can't believe how appallingly I played in that one... Viceroy was taunting me no end because of my poor effort. It happened pretty much as Phreak described.

With that game over, Phreak and Mara had to leave, so Viceroy and I decided to ally against three computers. The game was going alright until something quite strange happened - the game acted like someone was being dropped, and although I could see all the messages Viceroy was sending he wasn't getting any of mine. Quite bizarre. So that was it for that game.

So a fairly unsatisfying couple of games for me. One I got totally creamed, the other was interrupted.

I was so damn tired of those OOS's that I wasn't coming back. And as saber put it, the #'s were against me at that point. I kept whooping on saber and slapping the crap out of anything DK sent at me. But I can't take on 3 people all on my own, when 1 of them is able to get to t4 untouched and sends an army of all FU air at me. I truely have no shot at that point.

No offense to phreak, but give me a teammate who is fairly decent, and I could have done it. And while phreak has gotten better, he still isn't good enough yet to hang with anyone else in our little "league" as it were. :(

Unfortunately Phreak seems to not play his best when you're in the game, pbguy. You should have seen the size of the army he had in that motherlode game where it was me and Viceroy vs saber, Mara and Phreak. His air whoring was rivalling me and his huge armada made it impossible for anyone to take the motherlode.

Thus we have found the way to defeat pbguy: kill his team-mate and he'll give up! ;)

Not nessacerily I remeber a certain 2 V 3 which I was on PB's team and none of you even so much as made a move against me and because of that No Numerical superiority helped you though since I use Numerical Superiority Tactics ala my Steamroller Tactics that's not suprising anyway.

In case your forgetting who was propping up Saber's defence with copius amounts of Super Battle Droids.

Not a bad battlereport phreak though i wonder if Vostok will come up with one for them as well his seem a lot more detailed and pick up on a lot of things that i usually miss.

Hey guys! Figured I'd drop by. I feel bad horning in on all your games seeing as I don't ever post here, but I am bad about posting at MSG boards. I only post at one, and have been for like 5 years.

So anyways, the games are a *lot* of fun, I felt really bad about ducking out of today's, hopefully I won't next week if I can make that game.

Um, I was also posting to let you all know you're welcome to join my GBG gaming group for any games you want to. We're not really a league or anything, though we used to be known as JCNGL we're basically just a bunch of crazy gamers, and lately we've been doing a lot of GBG, and I mentioned you guys to one of 'em and he says, "well, invite them to join us!" and I think "egads, why did I not think of this before?"

So I don't know if you're interested or not, but if you want, I can keep you updated on when we're playing and all. There's no major structure to our gaming schedules, but for anyone who's interested, give me your AIM/MSNYIM or ICQ so I can contact ya!

Thanks for the invite Connemara. Your presence is always appreciated at the forum games, and if you dropped by the forums again it would be appreciated too.

This Saturday I wasn't there for the first game, so perhaps I should leave that battle reporting to someone else.

This Sunday was a terrible turn out. Only me, Viceroy and saber showed up, and saber decided he wasn't interested in playing with so few numbers. Viceroy and I decided to do a game with computers, but alas the same problem we had previously happened (where one of I could see Viceroy's messages but he couldn't see mine, or vice-versa). Connemara joined us a bit later but the same problem kept happening, so we just gave up in frustration. The Force was not with us that day.

Archived