Home

civilians

ps2gamer42

indeed. In ET i was medic so i could heal myself and regenerate others (gave lots of medpcis if i didnt need em)..the downside was my lack of ammo for which i always needed a field ops. Give me more ammo there, and medic is the pwnage class

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Alegis, I did the same thing in ET, medics were basically soldiers without the heavy weapons but with the ability to heal.

I agree though, giving soldiers the ability to heal would throw off the balance of the game. Though I'm sure since it isn't even out yet, it wouldn't really matter.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I personally want to see background civilians added to the game so it looks more realistic. Sorta lame to have Tatoonie map with Mos Eisley and just have buildings only.

i agree it would be stupid to be playing battles on a planet that your fighting for ,and its a barren planet and city ,there should be civs walking around.

Their won't be a lot of civilians. Star Wars Galaxies was supposed to have bustling cities just like the movies, but every city is virtually deserted. Why? because they didn't want all this extra crap confusing players and slowing the game down.

Pretty dumb IMO, yet another reason I left that game :/

Having a deserted planet that suppose to have a city like Mos Eisley, Theed City, Cloud City, Tipoca City, etc. would be boring! Just like not having background wildlife like Rancors, Wampas, etc. Civilivans are a must in the game. Star Wars Bounty Hunter had a good number of civilians in the game like in Courscant part. Can't see why they could not do it here.

Originally posted by jasperw

Maybe there will be cicilians in Mos Eisley in the form of a third faction doing nothing but run away. I know that Tuscans are the third faction if Tatooine, but Tatooine has two maps. If one map is Mos Eisley, there shouldn't be any tuskans there.

ya there should be people walking around ,and they should run away or if they get mad at you they could take a side and be neutral and start shooting people.

Originally posted by DieStarWarsGeek

Their won't be a lot of civilians. Star Wars Galaxies was supposed to have bustling cities just like the movies, but every city is virtually deserted. Why? because they didn't want all this extra crap confusing players and slowing the game down.

Pretty dumb IMO, yet another reason I left that game :/

There are many people in Mos Eisly's cantina. There were even the musicians from episode 4.

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

There are many people in Mos Eisly's cantina. There were even the musicians from episode 4.

Yeah, but other than that? a bartender? The fact is the cantinas look nothing like the bubble of activity like the movies. The streets are deserted except for a few trainers here and there. THey did a horrible job making it feel like star wars. Horrible.

Originally posted by DieStarWarsGeek

Yeah, but other than that? a bartender? The fact is the cantinas look nothing like the bubble of activity like the movies. The streets are deserted except for a few trainers here and there. THey did a horrible job making it feel like star wars. Horrible.

Actually, there were many civilians there. The Mos Eisly cantina is the only thing I liked about SWG

I don't think I've ever played a FPS with some type of civilian in the game, well black hawk down but not online. But do they really belong there, don't you think they would have fled if there was a fight going on right in front of them.

Whether or not civilians are in the game won't really bother me. I just hope there is solid game play without lag.

Archived