Home

Pointless Hopes for Sam & Max

Dark Clive

Pointless hope #1.

Steve Purcell convinces pixar to make a movie of Sam and Max

Pointless hope #2.

Movie becomes a hit at the box office, causing idiotic comic companies to beg for Sam and Max publishing rights.

More to come...

Feel Free To Express Your Pointless Hopes For Sam and Max Here At Samandmax.net

Originally posted by HitMan

Do you think there's any hope that another company could finish work on Sam&Max FP and release it?

Nope. Even though LucasArts will never finish it, they've going to keep the resources. They can probably tear apart that wonderful 3-D SCUMM-type engine and use it in some form for one of their Star Wars shooters or something.

Well I sure hate them now! No I don't hate their games I hate the company! I was planning on buying some more LucasArts adventures (I downloaded most of their games) coz they deserved it but I'm not so sure if I wanna buy something from a company like that... (but if u think I still should tell me) Syberia II is already in stores and it won't take long before Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude and Myst IV Revelation will be in stores too. I would say this would've bin a perfect year to bring out an adventure game like S&M.

You know, the only people who are talking about how they hate LucasArts are the people who don't even post outside this thread on the forum.

And buying Syberia 2 is a bad idea, let alone one. Fuck automatons, unless that April slut develops a love for asphyxiation by hot metal dick ejaculate. (which is probably some sort of aluminum alloy)

Gerbil, you are the embodiment of the word "explicit" (but also strangely humorous).

And stop yelling about LEC. Yes, they're going down the drain. WHO CARES? The game is cancelled, so we're all angry. We have established that. Cry me a river, ok guys? I don't see you doing anything to get it back, so don't just gripe about it, ok?

I'm really started to get annoyed by the amount of people who register to just create one post about how much they hate Lucas Arts and what they think we should do to get the game.

Unless your idea is really original (and check the forums to see if it's been done before) don't tell us it. We've tried, and hopefully, one day LEC will return to the glory of it's past.

The only way to hurry up that return is to send nice, polite letters saying how much you liked the old games and how well you think they'd sell in the current market. Don't swear. Don't insult them. Don't beg or talk in dorky n00bish (lol thas cool IM DA MASTER lollollol make s&m or els lollollolrofl!!!!!!!!11111). Just humbly state your opinion of their current lineup of software. And don't bug us about it.

Join the forums to talk about S&M (or, if you dare, to enter the Anything and Everything forum). Don't come to spew meaningless LEC hate at us. Thank you.

Apart from that, this thread is going back on topic, now:

Hope: Sam and Max will hvae tons of new comics coming out and will become well known (at least as well known as comic characters generally get to be).

P.S. Sorry about the slight harshness of this thread, but I just wanted to say that we've already tried, and although we "are being heard" (I quote the LEC PR email reply on savesamandmax.com), we shall just have t wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

I once had a terrible experience watching 'Apocalypse Now' very drunk. Thankfully, it's nearly over now, although I've missed most of my favourite o-so-quoteable col.kurtz lines despite straining over my lil' pal's incredulously loud vomiting close by.

That aside, I'd simply be happy if they made all the ol' sam and max comics readily available. I say this because of the violently ineffectual results of countless other people pleading (rightly so) for 'surfin' the highway' to be readily available to those who continue to distrust in the vulgarity of buying things via this bizzarre electric interweb thingy. I also say this because I live in britain, and couldn't help but notice the words "hope" and "pointless" in the same sentence being used to describe this collection of confusing, ill-fitting verbal jigsaw pieces which make up the wider, hideously disfigured picture we call society. It's an ugly picture, that somewhat resembles a horse in a suit being chased by a wasp in a train with the words "JUDICIAL TIME-BOMB" spray-painted on the side.

h'ohhhhh mercy. I wish my girlfriend hadn't left me. Now I really need a new one. Really.

Archived