Home

Screenshots

sadisticmonkey

Sorry jedijohn but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that one. Unless the devs have changed their minds in the last couple months they already stated there will be first person in the game. And unless they've changed the code there are some videos that show the game in first person. It would be pretty silly not to have the first person option. Every game should have a 3rd and 1st person option.

I think those who are playing the OPM demo either havn't found the 1st person option or it's not in the demo.

In the video preview at gamespot Ryan Mac Donald stated that 3rd person is the default for consoles with the option to change to 1st person, and that 1st person is the default for PCs with the option to change to 3rd person:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront/media.html

At 3 minutes and 50 seconds into the video he mentions the 3rd and 1st person options on the consoles and pc's.

Originally posted by Jaden Malip

They have a 3rd and 1st person mode so that you can change to how you like whether you are flying and driving or just running.

Wouldn't they have to change alot of the coding so that everything would work if they did take out 1st person?

i admit i have not tried driving in SHOULDER view

This should put a stop to the doubts, its from the FAQ on the official site:

"Is Star Wars Battlefront playable only from a 3rd person perspective?

You can play in both 3rd and 1st-person perspectives and it is switchable in-game. We foresee situations (piloting vehicles, etc.) where sometimes it will be advantageous to switch perspectives back and forth so it's up to player preference."

I'll tell you what, they are marketing the game towards people who have played and enjoyed the action of the battlefield games, myself included. They want to capture that audience to rival and/or surpass the popularity of battlefield vietnam as star wars is instantly more recognizable and probably the most lucrative license ever. It wouldn't be advantageous for them to alienate those people by putting a third person view only game to compete with those award winning games (ie. battlefield 1942 game of the year) as they are mainly first person shooters, not third person shooters. If that were the case i wouldn't buy it.... with EXTREME predjudice. Trust me, i'd be BITCHING UP A STORM on these message boards if that were the case. Those who know me from the JA boards know. But i think Pandemic has done a great job of clearing this up and accomodating 3rd and 1st person players. This, i think will make the game more popular and may be enough (if the final game is as good as it's shaping up to be) to surpass 1942/vietnam in sales and funfactor and everyone will be happy. So no need to worry, everyone, it's gonna be cool.

Archived