Home

Battle?

Hiroki

Well, they did that so you couldn't transit back every time you got a little roughed up.

Also, I just thought it was a fun idea. Geez, no need to tell me to go play another game. *shakes head* I'm SORRY for expressing an opinion.

Originally posted by 0rlo

i hope kotor II spares us from this, remember tatooine? where you had to run all the way back to czerka to get that stupid moisture vaporator? or in kashyyk where you had to go all the way back to the beginning just to return that stupid recording from that droid, pls spare us this)

I ddin't mind it too much, personally. Then again, I have a rocking graphics card, so I just enjoy the scenery during the transit time.

What would annoy me would be having everything so convient that it all falls into place. Having to go back for some things (which wasn't really that often) makes it seem a bit more like a real world to me. :)

Originally posted by Hiroki

Also, I just thought it was a fun idea. Geez, no need to tell me to go play another game. *shakes head* I'm SORRY for expressing an opinion.

Chill. No one is telling you to play another game. All Achilles was saying is that if the game you discribed is more of what you are really looking for, then perhaps KOTOR is not for you. It is your decision.

And don't be sorry for expressing your opinion. That is what these boards are all about. But don't be upset when others express their opinions. ;)

i really gotta play the single player for the neverwinter nights series.

The *real* NWN game is in multiplayer, imho. As a single player game the officail campaign was good but not brilliant. The expansion packs' storys were alot better but again multiplayer is the *real* point of NWN, as far as I'm comcerned. :)

Looks like there will be less transit and more running in KOTOR. Heres what Akari said on the matter:

is the transit system still in the game?

if so will we be able to transit anywhere else other than the ebon hawk or hide out?

It is still in the game. While I'm not certain, I'm getting the impression that it will be available a little less this time around because of the nature of the quests and situations you find yourself in.

Weekend Programmer

Hehehe look like my warping armband will be useful: warp anytime and anywhere you want, even on Kashyyyk - just know what you are doing or you could screw up your game (arghhh... I'll have to do another 200 branches dialogue + more or less 100 scripts :mad: )

Anyways, I like walking around. Taris was one of my favorites because you had to travel to and from different areas to solve quests, and there was stuff to do in all of them. It makes things look more realistic. And as Prime said, with a good system it makes everything even more enjoyable :)

Originally posted by Prime

I ddin't mind it too much, personally. Then again, I have a rocking graphics card, so I just enjoy the scenery during the transit time.

What would annoy me would be having everything so convient that it all falls into place. Having to go back for some things (which wasn't really that often) makes it seem a bit more like a real world to me. :)

Chill. No one is telling you to play another game. All Achilles was saying is that if the game you discribed is more of what you are really looking for, then perhaps KOTOR is not for you. It is your decision.

And don't be sorry for expressing your opinion. That is what these boards are all about. But don't be upset when others express their opinions. ;)

I think Prime is right on both counts :D

kotor graphics are okay, everything in your transit is repetative, look a tach! plus kotor doesn't have night, day, morning, twilight scenery, something that neverwinter kicks kotor butt in, i found neverwinter maps far better than anything kotor dished out, there are falling leaves in the forests, rain effects, snow effects, lightening, the water is nicely done, the rivers have this beautiful shimmering effect on the rocks, and the music is nice aswell. you can whip out a torch or cast a light spell and there are real time shadow effects. kotor wanted that to be but their characters were just to complex in design, notice you can add a lamp if you use cheats, but you can't use it.

Originally posted by Darth333

Anyways, I like walking around. Taris was one of my favorites because you had to travel to and from different areas to solve quests, and there was stuff to do in all of them. It makes things look more realistic. And as Prime said, with a good system it makes everything even more enjoyable :)

I agree! :D I also don't have a problem with KOTOR in having to walk everywhere, that is actually not too bad in KOTOR there have been games that were much... much worse with having to walk endlessly to get to places.

If you want to move faster use the 'turbo' code! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

I agree! :D I also don't have a problem with KOTOR in having to walk everywhere, that is actually not too bad in KOTOR there have been games that were much... much worse with having to walk endlessly to get to places.

If you want to move faster use the 'turbo' code! :D

The only time that I don't like having to walk is when you have to "back and forth" something. Like having to huff it back to the Ebon Hawk on Kashyyyk to upgrade a lightsaber. I would have really liked to have been able to do everything in one trip if they were going to disable transit.

Speaking of transit, how in the heck do you think they justify having transit on the Unknown World? Sheesh!

Originally posted by Achilles

Speaking of transit, how in the heck do you think they justify having transit on the Unknown World? Sheesh!

Well the Elders have technology so they might be able to lend you a speeder or something... and the Tribe of The One, who knows, ride a Rancor or something? :D

Well the Elders have technology so they might be able to lend you a speeder or something... and the Tribe of The One, who knows, ride a Rancor or something? :D

Errr...ok. I'm still not buying it but I'm not going to fixate on the issue too much.

don't forget the saddled gizkas. they are the swiftest hop-a-long

form of transit on the unknown world :)

Kashyyk was REALLY annoying

I eventually enabled cheats and just used turbo until I got master speed. I didn't really mind running around on Taris because it seemed so big yet it was so small and you know where to go...

ah listen to me. a ranting 13 year old. sad.

oh unknown world...I rode the gizka until I got attacked by a rancor. then i used the rancor.

the elders were very afraid. :lol:

Archived