Home

Godmode War

guybroom

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack laughed and motioned to his left.

"That's convenient of you," he said. "Let's go."

He ran down that passageway and they could feel the ground beneath them sloping down slightly. In another few minutes, Jack skidded to another stop. With a low growl of irritation, he looked around. Then with a sigh, he nodded.

"Make another mark here," he said. "We go up."

He pressed a nearby button and was launched upward through the ceiling. Seconds later, his voice was heard from somewhere above them.

"Are you coming?"

((why is everybody forgetting me!?!?))

"who's the newcomer"I said,coming out of the shadows."oh!Jack!It's you!"I said,"how you doing?"

((if you're wondering why I said that,I was a programmer too that got locked in late in the game.for those that forgot:eyeraise: ))

(( i didn't forget you, i'm ignoring you, becuase your posts and dumb and make no sense))

Trent had finally finished off the visitors, he sheathed his swords, the cuts were everywhere on his body you woulnd't even know it was him, then he healed up and ran down where the rest went.

trent found a sign, smirked then ran of in the direction it said to go.

Originally posted by Curt-Man

(( i didn't forget you, i'm ignoring you, becuase your posts and dumb and make no sense))

Trent had finally finished off the visitors, he sheathed his swords, the cuts were everywhere on his body you woulnd't even know it was him, then he healed up and ran down where the rest went.

trent found a sign, smirked then ran of in the direction it said to go.

((Now, now, Curt, be nice.;) Whoops... I did forget you... sorry;) ))

Jack stopped at the top and waited for the others to join him. When he noticed Jaden at the back of the group, he grinned.

"Haven't seen you in a while," he said. His grin faded and he looked around. "Good, everybody's here again. Let's go."

Hearing Adam's question, Jack said, "I've trained, worked with the game for years, even before it was released. Now, I know everything about it, top to bottom." He grinned. "Speaking of top, put your hands up." After getting a few stares, he said, "No, no! Not like you're under arrest. Feel the roof!"

He did the same and his hands passed through the roof. He could feel something bump against his hands every few seconds. Finally, he succeeded in grabbing it and it pulled him forward at an incredible rate of speed. Then, the others understood that there were several of these, not just the one.

Jack dropped off what he'd been holding and called back to Jokemaster. "Better mark that... he'll not know to do that and it'll take him an hour to walk this."

((Just in case you wanted to know, the swords Tara was using look like this .... Jack has one, but Tara had two of them))

Jack nodded and continued. Finally, they came to a staircase and Jack drew the sword nobody had noticed. Taking the pistol in the other hand, he began to move up the stairs.

"At the top of this staircase, we will wait for Trent," he whispered. "On the other side of the door up there is the programmers' hangout."

((thats the spirit))

Trent ran along and saw another sign.

"what the hell? ok..." Trent put his hands on the roof and found a bump and pulled it.

after a few minutes he heard people talking, they sounded like thier were coming from up the stair case, trent ran up to see the rest of the group.

"hey thanks for waiting, now jack lead they way once again."

Jack sighed. "No. If he's truly dead and can't crawl back out, we'll look for him in the real world, once we have this place whipped."

He leapt up the stairs and opened the door, only to be greeted with dead silence. He muttered something about Tara and stepped into the room, sword drawn and gun in hand.

"This can't be right..." he whispered, looking around. With an unexpected suddenness, a voice called out.

"You have returned." A bright flash of light filled the room and then faded away, leaving a single man.

"I have returned," Jack agreed. The man shook his head.

"The programmers wanted you gone for good," he said. Jack shrugged.

"I made this game," Jack pointed out. "That's impossible. I'm here to throw them out. Will you help?"

The game's AI sighed. "I am not permitted to do this any longer. They have restricted my abilities."

"Then tell us where they are," Jack commanded. The AI nodded and pointed. Jack ran off in that direction, followed by the others. Soon, they came to a wall they could see through. On the other side, they could see the programmers swarming to one side of the room. Jack couldn't see what they were surrounding and was slightly puzzled. Suddenly, she came into view.

"Tara," Jack whispered. He pressed his hands to the wall and watched.

Tara once again held two swords, but Jack was worried that she would not be skilled enough to take on all of these programmers. There were at lest 30 of them! Two fell dead at Tara's swords and she spun away from the group, stopping suddenly in the middle of the room. The programmers charged forward and Tara threw herself into the middle of them.

In appearance, Tara had changed some. Now dressed entirely in black, it seemed she had discarded the light gray shirt she'd been wearing. In its place, there was a form fitting black tank top. Her pants had been blue jeans, but Jack wondered briefly if she had spray painted them. They, too were now black. She wore black gloves. She was completely drenched, apparently having gone through a river to get here. Her blue eyes flashed dangerously and her long dark red hair, in its wet state, seemed almost black as it hung in tangles around her shoulders. Jack smiled, taking note that she had cut her hair as well. It had been down to her waist.

Jack watched in appreciation as he remembered why they had given Tara her nickname. He turned to his companions as Tara cut the number of her opponents from 30 to 10.

"You may have heard of the Swordmaster?" he said. "That would be Tara."

The last ten programmers knew of Tara's nickname, but had never seen her in action. After this fight, they decided it wasn't worth their lives, even in a game. They ran away. Tara paused for a moment in the center of the room and began to chase them. Jack knocked loudly on the wall and Tara stopped, turning to look.

She smiled and threw one of her swords. It slammed right through the wall, embedding itself in the wall behind the group. Jack gripped the sword in both hands and put his feet against the wall, pulling with all his might. The sword came free and Jack went flying backward, crashing through the clear wall and falling into the room with Tara. He stood and returned her sword to her.

"That's the way to come through," Jack called up to the others. "Better come down before it closes again."

Then, he turned to Tara and smiled. "Nice to see you again, Swordmaster."

Tara laughed. "It's nice to see you again, too, Jack." Her face turned serious again. "The programmers have set up a few extra traps to catch people they don't want in here."

"We'll figure those out when we come to them," Jack said. Tara nodded and they turned to wait for the others to drop down and join them.

Jack looked around and sighed.

"This game was not meant to be as it is," he said. "The programmers altered it nearly beyond recognition. It was originally intended to be a simple first person shooter. They have altered the rules of play until you have to get rid of everyone else before you can leave, not to mention that you're nearly invincible."

"It's a prank," Tara added smoothly. "They would have you believe that you'll die outside of the game when you die inside of it, but that's part of the prank. It makes everyone fight harder because they're fighting for their lives. The programmers are looking for the person who can fight the best in here. With that person, they want to go into the real world and destroy Jack and myself, along with all others who have helped us."

"It's a personal vendetta," Jack finished. "A select few of these programmers didn't like us to begin with. They wanted us dead for reasons we're still unsure of. The thing they hadn't counted on was that I could still get back into the game. They also made the mistake of leaving Tara in."

"not new news to me, you know how earlier i said i was ex-FBI and ex-CIA, well i lied, i am still apart of both, they sent me here to stop the game from the inside, i grew to weary and attached, thats why they put in new agents to get me back on track, the katana masters, thats why i went with them, i'm sorry i couldn't tell you this before, but now come one, i told you my story, lets end this game" Trent said as he dropped his katanas and picked up 2 barettas.

"now that the sharade is over, i can go back to my greatest weapon strength, pistols." Trent said as he shot 2 bullets off in the hallway where the programmers had run without looking and hit one with both of his bullets.

"i used to be called the short ranged sniper"

Jack followed Tara out of the room. She led them through a series of passageways to a very large room. Here, the game's AI appeared again.

"I'm not allowed to let you in here," he said sadly. "In here, you have the ability to reprogram me along with the rest of the game. This is a thing the cheif programmer doesn't want."

"Tell him to rot," Tara snapped. "I can edit from here if I wanted to."

"Then please do it," the AI said. "I'm tired of rejecting my creators."

Tara nodded and took a small device from her pocket. With a few keystrokes, she reprogrammed the AI... temporarily.

"You'll let us in, now," Tara said. "We have to permanently reprogram you now."

"Of course," the AI answered. He stepped aside and Tara led the way into the room.

"He'll revert in ten seconds," she told the group. "I need you to hold him off."

She ran over to a control panel and accessed it. "I'll need five minutes!"

"No time for joking, regardless of your name," Jack snapped. "The AI doesn't fight on its own... Tara mentioned you ran into AI bots earlier. We'll be fighting those."

Sure enough, mechs and swordfighters controlled by the AI began pouring into the room.

"Five minutes!" Tara called. "That's what I'll need."

Archived