Home

Deathstar

singard

Originally posted by DogGy

Well for the deathstar it's very simple, if you played JA I am sure you played KOTOR flight school map, when you hit the inviosible walls, you get teleported to the other side and you fly back to the centre.

But for hoth and tatooine, I don't know how high, but I hope you can make loopings and spinnings with the crafts. On IGN I downloaded a .wma file and you could see a tie fighter chasing a X-wing on tatooine. I noticed it directly, the X-wing fled so high, I tought he would crash, but no, he could go even higher than that, and that was very high.

You'll see, you will be able to fly very high in battlefront.

The KOTOR Flight School way was bad, cuz people could teleport away if they're loosing. They did it right in Siege Destroyer. There, if you go off map, you lose control of your ship, as your ship turns back to the field. Just like Rogue Squadron.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

Luckily for me, I have a GameCube :D

In maybe a year, I'm gonna get a GC unless they have RS2 and 3 for PC by then. Its gonna be like, 20 bux, in a year, used, and the games about the same price. Cause the RS games are so awesome, I just got numero uno (I had it b4, but some1 scratched it up, and I had to get a new one), and I've been playing it alot. its awesome. I'll have to play the other Rss, maybe I;ll borrow the GC from someone I know, cause Death Star Levels rock.

PC, gimme a joystick over a controller any day. I want Battle for naboo, but I;m gonna wait until I have some spare cash, and then roam the local game stores in search of it. I heard it was good, almost as good as RS. Its like, while the queen leaves Naboo, a small force was still fighting, or something. Looks great.

Originally posted by yaebginn

PC, gimme a joystick over a controller any day. I want Battle for naboo, but I;m gonna wait until I have some spare cash, and then roam the local game stores in search of it. I heard it was good, almost as good as RS. Its like, while the queen leaves Naboo, a small force was still fighting, or something. Looks great.

In the first level you kill battle droids on theed. Most of the game is on the planes of naboo. The main difference from Rogue Squadron is the ground vehicle combat, which is most of the game. In the last level, which I really like you need to destroy the droid control ship. Actually you just need to destroy the shield generator, cuz Anakin destroys the control ship from the inside.

Originally posted by yaebginn

man, I wanna play that game so bad now. eh, I'll just mow a few more lawns, earn some extra cash and bam! thanx for the details on the game tfighter. and other good flyers for pc?

Starfighter is pretty good, but it has nothing to do with the movies... Besides, you probably already got it for the PS2

Unless you dislike old games, you should check out Tie Figher. And maybe also X-Wing.

There won't be a Death Star, maybe a section- but that's not cool.

My Dream map is, now get this,

A Star Destoyer with the docking bay where Tie fighters are and rebel ships can land, (Outpost), The Bridge (Command Post) and varois other rooms including Storage, Medic room, and Quarters as other outposts, all inter twinded with corridors and hallways. While fighting is going on inside, X-wings and Tie (and others) are battling outside. What I think would be really cool is if some windows on the exterior are breakable, sucking the comabatants inside out, and air sealing the room.

Originally posted by PhireStorm

There won't be a Death Star, maybe a section- but that's not cool.

My Dream map is, now get this,

A Star Destoyer with the docking bay where Tie fighters are and rebel ships can land, (Outpost), The Bridge (Command Post) and varois other rooms including Storage, Medic room, and Quarters as other outposts, all inter twinded with corridors and hallways. While fighting is going on inside, X-wings and Tie (and others) are battling outside. What I think would be really cool is if some windows on the exterior are breakable, sucking the comabatants inside out, and air sealing the room.

Dude that would be wild as hell!It would keep it closed quarters so it would be pretty intense.

I'm glad to be recieving so much postitive feedback, I have another idea cooking up, perfecting it, for you modders, but I won't be able to mod it myself due to my untalented skills and ----thats it.:o but if you want ideas, you can contact me (not to sound gauty, but thats the few things I'm proud of) and I'm not saying that you don't have good ideas, its just that we all get mental blocks

A Death Star II level would be great if the game had a flight engine like the very first TIE FIGHTER, only with better graphics. I think this game has that potential in future versions, which I hope they make. This game can only get better over time as technology gets more advanced. Battlefront will live forever, as long as there are fans to support it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's amazing that Battlefront hasn't added this yet. It's one of the things that makes GC memorable.

As for "there are enough space games": Yup, like there's a whole series of FPS games called the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series;).

Well could be a bit hard to do, as in you couldn't have the whole Death Start in the map atleast. Hmmmm, kind a reminds me about the Galactic Conquest mod to BF1942, It had a Death Star map, but the Death star in it was just a flat platform and there weren't any capital ships, so kind a missed the action. I would be happy to see space battles though, especially if they require invading enemy capital ships with transports.

I feel I have to set the record straight here:

1. A flat surface that spans the whole map is way better than a little round ball that you fly around. Just trust me on that one, I've tried both.

2. No capital ships: No, there weren't, because there were no capital ships in the battle of Yavin IV.

3. The map has everything the Battle for Yavin IV had: The dogfight, the trench run, the attacks on the turrets, and the objective being to destroy the whole thing by sending torpedoes at the exhaust port. It's really brilliant.

But it's really hard trying to make a Death Star into a map so I guess it's better to have it on the background. Also modding things like Star Destroyer seem to be impossible tasks, well you could have only few "indoor" places in it, like the Hangar and the Bridge ....... which could be captured.

AND

Download Galactic Conquest and play the map "ISD Judicator". It's a big infantry-only map aboard a Star Destroyer. It's intense, challenging, big, and never-ending fun. The rebels need to fight their way from the hangar bay to the bridge. It's been in for years while you SWBF people were convincing yourself it was an impossible task:D.

In Galactic Conquest there wasn't the option to invade enemy space ships

Yes, there was. Plenty of ways, in fact.

As for the Death Star II: The whole battle would be too big, but just parts of it (the tunnel run, the dogfight, the attack on one of the star destroyers, etc.)? Big fun.

But starships are 1,6km and the Death Star is 4000km ()

So scale them down. You have battles on planets, right? And how big are they? 40 000 km across;)?

Ideas that all work well in GC:

Tanaab: Rebels have the Falcon, corvettes, and fighters (and a frigate that stands still). They need to destroy the sensor dish atop a station and board it to destroy the X1 prototypes inside. The imps get an ISD (that stands still) with fighters, as well as shuttles and lancer frigates.

Task Force Battle: A pure fleet engagement map. Destroy the enemy cruisers before they destroy yours. Corvettes and frigates vs. lancers and carracks. Both sides have fighters and repair craft. Big fun!

Vanguard: Capture control points in space to win. Stationary gun platforms, Lancers, Corvettes, and fighters.

Extreme Prejudice (unofficial): Destroy the radar domes and the bridge of a star destroyer.

Circarpous IV Raid (unofficial) : Team Death Match. X-Wings vs. TIE Fighters. Pure dogfight - Shoot down the most enemies possible before the time runs out.

The reason I'm referring to GC is that it's the only FPS game out there which allows you to play an infantryman, pilot, gunner, and commander, all in the same map. XWA is pilot-only, Battlefront is infantry-only, and so on.

I'll post pictures of Tanaab and Vanguard and Death Star I's maps. Just for reference.

As for the tunnel run: I'd love to see it, really I would. It was turned down for GC due to the way fighters handled, but I'm sure it could be fun if done correctly.

So why would it be so hard to make a Death Star map?

Exactly.

Dang, they need to make BF 1942 free soon so that all you guys who oppose space maps can download GC and see how neat it is:cool: .

However, they need to change two things for space maps to be fun:

1. Flight controls need to be much more advanced.

2. Maps need to be far bigger.

Archived