Home

Deathstar

singard

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true but they couldnt make a death star map....well actually i guess they could but it would be really hard they shopuld just make a map in space with some star destroyers and u start out in the star destroyers and go to the hangar part and get in your ship and go out and fight but i dont like space maps because in galactic conquest mod for battlefield 1942 i couldnt ever figuire out where i was going and ended up crashing into one of the invsible walls....lol :D

Originally posted by Mountainforest

I think a battlefront map is a little bit more work to make then a jedi academy map. They are a little bigger and more detailed. I don't think we have to expect a frree map-pack.

I don't think it's really harder to make a map to Battlefront that to JA, it's just different. In JA there is more small detail, while in battlefront it's more terrain.

I think it would be really cool if Pandemic/Lucasarts released an add-on pack or downloadable map that was similar -- except using the Deathstar battle from episode IV. Imagine -- Tie Fighters, Tie Bombers, X-Wings and Y Wings all battling it out over the Deathstar.

Hi there, I am just answering your question above.

for all you air combat fans we have actually got a level in the game that is tailored mainly for air combat and that is Bespin. There are two Bespin levels one is set on Cloud city wich is totally troop based and the other is the gas refineries level wich is made up of various platforms and takes place over the gaseous clouds of bespin.

You can fly from platform to platform and take over the CP's but they are heavily guarded by huge anti aircraft guns. Its a very cool level so I hope you enjoy it.

Rebels would start off from Calamari Cruiser or some other capital ship. Death star would cover the whole other end of the map, but only a side of it would show, and the other parts where you couldn't fly could be solved with background textures. If you didn't get it here's a bit how I would imagine it

Sideview

-------------)

--------------)_________________________(Calamari Cruiser )

-Death Star---)

--------------)

-------------)

------------)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trick is both would have the inside stuff done, so you could basically invade Death Star or Calamari Cruiser through their Hangar. There could be special options on this map, both the Death Star and Calamari Cruiser would have Control Points aswell as a point that launches a self-destruct program. So without having the game go on for ours it can be ended with a simple infiltration from any of the team members, well you can also bomb the Cruiser to pieces, Death Star could only be destroyed from outside with flying through the canyon and you know the rest ;):cool:

Originally posted by Jason Fett

So why would it be so hard to make a Death Star map?

Think about it this way. How long would it take for game developers to map out 45216 sq. km of the Death Star's surface? The battlestation has a diameter of 120 km if you want to validate the math . . .

No gaming engine to date could support even 1% of that size.

Originally posted by JDKnite188

Think about it this way. How long would it take for game developers to map out 45216 sq. km of the Death Star's surface? The battlestation has a diameter of 120 km if you want to validate the math . . .

No gaming engine to date could support even 1% of that size.

It won't be the WHOLE deathstar, rather something like the in rogue squadron.

Originally posted by Lindsey

Space maps are possible, as one of the bespin maps in the game shows X wings and Ties fighting it out, over bespins sky, simply changing the sky texture to a space one wouldnt be hard, and vola, space map.

It seems like it would be simple to make a Death Star map. Do the above ^ and make the ground grey with towers and turbolasers. Simple :).

Originally posted by DogGy

Well, you can make the deathstar smaller, it's the dogfight around it that count, you only have to go inside the deathstar and destroy the big generator, like in ep 6

Just what I was thinking! I wonder how high up you can go in all the maps and what happens when you reach the top of the map? :confused:

Originally posted by tFighterPilot

It won't be the WHOLE deathstar, rather something like the in rogue squadron.

exactly, but hopefully, if they make one for this game, it will be better than that one, assuming we are talking about the first RS, which is the only one I've played in depth. I'd wnat it to be like the one in RotJ. When they go in it,m with all the zig-zaggin and dodging stuff. thatd be a fun level.

Originally posted by yaebginn

exactly, but hopefully, if they make one for this game, it will be better than that one, assuming we are talking about the first RS, which is the only one I've played in depth. I'd wnat it to be like the one in RotJ. When they go in it,m with all the zig-zaggin and dodging stuff. thatd be a fun level.

Well you're talking about two different Death Stars there. In RS that was the first Death Star, in RotJ that was the second Death Star.

But you're right, in RS, the Death Star map blew big time. The trench was HUGE and there were TURNS. Two big inaccuracies. The one in RSII was a lot better.

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

Well you're talking about two different Death Stars there. In RS that was the first Death Star, in RotJ that was the second Death Star.

But you're right, in RS, the Death Star map blew big time. The trench was HUGE and there were TURNS. Two big inaccuracies. The one in RSII was a lot better.

Yeah, too bad Factor5 decided to release both RS2 and 3 to the GameCube only :mad:

Just what I was thinking! I wonder how high up you can go in all the maps and what happens when you reach the top of the map?

Well for the deathstar it's very simple, if you played JA I am sure you played KOTOR flight school map, when you hit the inviosible walls, you get teleported to the other side and you fly back to the centre.

But for hoth and tatooine, I don't know how high, but I hope you can make loopings and spinnings with the crafts. On IGN I downloaded a .wma file and you could see a tie fighter chasing a X-wing on tatooine. I noticed it directly, the X-wing fled so high, I tought he would crash, but no, he could go even higher than that, and that was very high.

You'll see, you will be able to fly very high in battlefront.

Archived