Home

Revan Vs. Vader

DarthBuzzard

don't forget that we never really saw vader in a situation where he was facing more than one enemy at a time. not to mention, the only people he force gripped was the under-achieving military leaders of the empire.

whenever vader faced luke, he chose to use his lightsaber rather than lash out with the force. this does not mean that vader doesn't have an understanding of the force. i believe that we'll see much more of vader's understanding of the force in ep. III because he'll be facing more than one jedi at one time.

revan, on the other hand, was a sith lord. he faced multiple enemies all the time, thus his ability and understanding of the force was much more visible. this does NOT mean that he was better than vader. it only means that revan had more numerous enemies when we see him than vader did during the original trilogy.

to be honest, the best way to compare would be for them to fight each other. but thats not going to happen anytime soon....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Aleggy

^^^^

i believe force immunity will fend off the force grip, however i do think you are right the force grip is far more effective if you only have one opponent and i do belie that it does require more skill here are my reasons why

force lightning just point your dark sithy hand and fire away

force grip you have to concentrate on the target and reach out with the force and squeeze

While I'm not completely fluent in D20 Star Wars RPG system, in the WEG D6 SW RPG system... Telekinetic Kill (A.K.A. Force Choke), was resisted by the target(s) Perception (Normals) or Control (Force Users) Die rolls. So it could be resisted commonly by other Force Users and only rarely by normals.

Force Lightning is great for defense against more than one opponent, or even to generate power for short jumps in hyperspace :D , even against other Force Users, it is a direct damage attack, and the only power useable against it is Absorb/Dissapate Energy (Like Yoda does vs. Dooku), or lots of Heavy Armor.

however if you have multiple opponents the force lightning is far more effective (if you've upgraded your force lightning so you can hit multiple subjects) unless you are able to force grip multiple subjects which i am unaware of as i dont really use it RedHawke would br the one to ask as a better judge :D

Lightning is better against groups of opponents, Telekinetic Kill (Force Choke) is generally a one opponent power, used to intimidate or torture.

Note: Despite the usefulness Force Lightning is a Control and Alter power, while Telekinetic Kill (Force Choke) is a Control, Sense, and Alter power, and takes longer to learn. :D

Also note: Telekinetic Kill was also not restricted to simply choking opponents, you could cause all kinds of internal mayhem to an opponent, including crush their heart(s), or even run telekinetic 'fingers" through an opponents brain doing a little blender action... very cool and Sith-y if I do say so myself.

A lot of the best 'stuff' from the WEG D6 SW RPG system is "lost" in the WotC D20 SW RPG system.

Originally posted by RedHawke

It's by Darth_ToMeR and it is on PCGameMods. :D

why am i not surprised RedHawke that not only did you know who but you knew where to

i own a star wars trivial pursuit game and RedHawke you are probably one of the only people i know that would stand a very good chance of beating me at it :D

why am i not surprised RedHawke that not only did you know who but you knew where to

Not to mention the address is easy to remember. :D

i own a star wars trivial pursuit game and RedHawke you are probably one of the only people i know that would stand a very good chance of beating me at it :D

Star Wars Trivial Persuit huh?

My SW Trivia knowledge is l33t... I would pwn u!... er'... maybe! :D

Now the Sith were the ones who created the Leviathans and who, with the Peacekeepers, and the Goa'Uld, went to Za'Ha'Dum and awakened the Shadows from their 1000 year fraternity party boomshine stupor... right? :eyeraise: And the goody, goody Asgard, Tok'Ra, Vorlons, and the Jedi held prim-and-proper Tupperware parties in the Academy on Coruscant every Friday... right? :p

:D

Now the Sith were the ones who created the Leviathans and who, with the Peacekeepers, and the Goa'Uld, went to Za'Ha'Dum and awakened the Shadows from their 1000 year fraternity party boomshine stupor... right? :eyeraise: And the goody, goody Asgard, Tok'Ra, Vorlons, and the Jedi held prim-and-proper Tupperware parties in the Academy on Coruscant every Friday... right? :p

errr, umm, no comment. ;)

Now the Sith were the ones who created the Leviathans and who, with the Peacekeepers, and the Goa'Uld, went to Za'Ha'Dum and awakened the Shadows from their 1000 year fraternity party boomshine stupor... right? :eyeraise: And the goody, goody Asgard, Tok'Ra, Vorlons, and the Jedi held prim-and-proper Tupperware parties in the Academy on Coruscant every Friday... right?

Wow.

Nice.

:animelol:

Originally posted by stingerhs

errr, umm, no comment. ;)

Have I stunned you with my l33t sci-fi knowledge? :D

i will take that as a compliment :D

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Wow.

Nice.

:animelol:

Just goes to show what 6 cans of Fosters can do. :D

Back On Topic:

--------------------------------------------------

Darth Vader/Aniken Skywalker would mop the floor with Darth Revan. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Bingo RedHawke, that's exactly what happened to the Clone Emperor at the end of Dark Empire. Of course, he came back for Dark Empire II, but that's another story.

As for the topic, I would vote Revan. If you play KoTOR on the dark side, you see that Revan (the true Revan) is really powerful and intimidating. And, of course, his Force Powers are chosen by you - the player.

Unfortunately, we saw very little physical or Force action by Vader during the original trilogy. In fact, we've never seen him at his peak, which is during the twenty years between Episodes III and IV.

Vader was powerful in the Force, but his heart was not in the dark side. If he was truly dark, he would've been able to take out Palpatine at some point.

In fact, in one of the books, there was a section that showed him in his chamber (where he takes his mask off) attempting to use the Force to heal his burned lungs. When it began to work, though, he became happy (which is supposedly a "light side" emotion) and it stopped working because his happiness weakened his use of the dark side [?].

Revan, on the other side, is pure evil (if you let him be) like Maul. Unlike Maul, however, Revan would never be taken in by the ol' "flying over the head while force-pulling a nearby lightsaber" trick.

It's a hard vote, but it'd be a neat fight to see.

Archived