Home

Telos Planet Featured

adillon

Originally posted by -Zack-

Haven't seen this actually, but it ain't really anything special either :/

I guess this is one of the first trailers..

You haven't seen it, yet you know it isn't anything special? Care to explain that one?

This reminds me of my kids telling me that they don't like a certain food when I know for a fact that they've never tried it.

i was rather disappointed in the video's content, but i can't really expect it to feature any specific gameplay since it's mainly trying to give us a feel for the planet's overall feel. i am psyched about the ebon hawk landing cutscene though ... it's minor, but it's so much more dynamic than the typical landing where it disappears behind a building, well, except for on manaan.

Originally posted by Achilles

You haven't seen it, yet you know it isn't anything special? Care to explain that one?

This reminds me of my kids telling me that they don't like a certain food when I know for a fact that they've never tried it.

No, don't get me wrong, I want to correct myself, I wanted to actually say that I haven't seen it before, but when I saw it then it wasn't anything spectacular since I saw the newest trailer before this, so I can't be really impressed. Sorry about the misunderstanding :)

Originally posted by adillon

i was rather disappointed in the video's content, but i can't really expect it to feature any specific gameplay since it's mainly trying to give us a feel for the planet's overall feel. i am psyched about the ebon hawk landing cutscene though ... it's minor, but it's so much more dynamic than the typical landing where it disappears behind a building, well, except for on manaan.

Wow...so many kill joys in this thread :(

I was very excited by the video. The whole point of a fly-by is to show the landscape. After weeks and weeks of no information, to suddenly get a fly-by of an entire planet was amazing. I hope they do a few more.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Agrees with Achilles. Those weeks of nothing new were getting tiresome. Then to have a whole new video of never seen before goods...................:urpdude:

I agree with FiEND, agreeing with Achillies, dry spells during a games development aren't fun! :D

Is it me or the white space shuttle at the beginning looks exactly like the imperial space shuttles in the OT :confused: weird...looks like technology did not evolved very much over 4000 years :rolleyes:

Apart that flying over the city was interesting :) can't wait to play it and...to mod it :D

Originally posted by Darth333

Is it me or the white space shuttle at the beginning looks exactly like the imperial space shuttles in the OT :confused: weird...looks like technology did not evolved very much over 4000 years :rolleyes:

Apart that flying over the city was interesting :) can't wait to play it and...to mod it :D

It's not you ;)

Originally posted by Prime

Why make something new when what you have works perfrectly fine? :)

Exactly! :D

From my take on things, in the Star Wars galaxy, technology is not advancing very fast, if at all, so some of the the vehicles may look different on the outside but they are pretty much the same on the inside. That's why the Death Star and the Imperial Star Destroyers were so feared, they were a new technology, just like the Star Forge and the Sith Ships were in KOTOR. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Exactly! :D

From my take on things, in the Star Wars galaxy, technology is not advancing very fast

Keep in mind, the great advancements in technology we see today are by no means the norm throughout history. For the most part, advancement was on a pace much closer to SW. Things like swords and the horse and cart had been used unchanged for thousands of years. Even when you have something like a car. Sure, they are a lot better day, but the basic design and how it works is more or less unchanged from its first introduction. It is the same thing with technology form KOTOR compared to tech from SW.

And technology did progress. Droids are more advanced, robotic arms definitely where more advanced. ( EPII's vs ESB ) and the starships did become more advanced for sure. For example, compare 'modern' Star Wars ships with KOTOR's. They had a limited number of turbo lasers on them. Maybe two on the front, and a few smaller lasers along the hull.

But Bulk Cursers and other Old Republic vessels had many lasers along there hulls. Dreadnaughts where very effective ships in there day.

Archived