Home

Oops! I accidently force choked the leaders of the Jedi Council!

hypersonic5

Well, not accidentally :p But I did accidentally save the game afterwards :(

I am at the part after I found the first star map on Dantooine. I'm supposed to talk to the Jedi Masters and they are supposed to assign me the task of going after the star maps. But they're dead now so I can't recruit Juhani and I can't leave the planet because the Galaxy map is locked to Dantooine.

Is there any way I can fix this dilemma? I've looked into the Kotor Save Game Editior and I think what I'm looking for is under the tabs of Globals and Booleans. Under the Booleans tab there are all these events that I can set to yes(1) or no(0). I'm sure the ones that can help me fix my game save are there, but I don't know what they are called. I know the items with the prefix DAN are on Dantooine, but I don't know what events control the dialogue for the Jedi and recruiting Juhani.

If anybody can help me with this, I will be grateful. I don't feel like starting a new game and going through Taris all over again.

Originally posted by hypersonic5

No I didn't. I usually do (I have hundreds of saves on my xbox version) but I got lazy this time :(

I seriously doubt that there is a "JediCounselNotForceChoked" global that you can reset so it looks like you might be looking at a new game :(

Originally posted by Achilles

I seriously doubt that there is a "JediCounselNotForceChoked" global that you can reset so it looks like you might be looking at a new game :(

Hmm, I could've sworn I saw a global with that name, perhaps not, perhaps there's a way to spawn them again, but you'd need a script I think. Restarting might be better anyway lol.

Originally posted by Achilles

Someone made a "Force Choke anyone that you want to" mod. Don't remember who though :(

EDIT: Luckily Mono does :D

:D Yeah I had the same experience once, 'cept I choked Jolee in Kashyyyk, lol never got very far after. And one time I made T3M4 explode on the Ebon Hawk, and when I selected him in the party selection screen, his name had changed to "I am broken, so very very broken" and my game crashed. :rofl: Hey tk, was that your doing?

Hi guys-- yeah, that was me. I wrapped it into an armband called the Darkside Choker and Darth333 was kind enough to include it in her All-In-One Force Powers mod. But beware, you (the player, not the character) will feel like you are falling into the darkside when you use it.

But Mono, you say you killed T3? Ha ha ha. I didn't know that was possible. It just goes to show that this mod is definitely a shady tweak that Bioware never intended. And obviously, you can really screw up your game by killing characters that need to be alive.

Sidenote: I've seen that "I'm broken, so very broken" during the development of KSE and it always amused me too. :)

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

:D Yeah I had the same experience once, 'cept I choked Jolee in Kashyyyk, lol never got very far after. And one time I made T3M4 explode on the Ebon Hawk, and when I selected him in the party selection screen, his name had changed to "I am broken, so very very broken" and my game crashed. :rofl: Hey tk, was that your doing?

I happen to me as well !! but not becasue of that mod. I just spawned on Dantooine and didn't got Bastila before or something, and then she went hostile, i killed her, and when i wanted to add her to my party her name changed to "I am broken, so very very broken". I major bug :D .

This hapening when your character dies (they can't die on battle, they always left with 1 HP) and you chose it.

Originally posted by tk102

Hi guys-- yeah, that was me. I wrapped it into an armband called the Darkside Choker and Darth333 was kind enough to include it in her All-In-One Force Powers mod. But beware, you (the player, not the character) will feel like you are falling into the darkside when you use it.

But Mono, you say you killed T3? Ha ha ha. I didn't know that was possible. It just goes to show that this mod is definitely a shady tweak that Bioware never intended. And obviously, you can really screw up your game by killing characters that need to be alive.

Sidenote: I've seen that "I'm broken, so very broken" during the development of KSE and it always amused me too. :)

Yeah you can't kill him when he's in your party, but try it when they're on the Ebon Hawk ;) (And thus NPC's like all them 'chokeables' out there ;)) It might help if you made power do 0 damage and a death animation, I dunno, apparently Darth333's making a use-force-lightning-on-anyone mod, which I believe will do just that, sounds like it can eliminate that problem. *Shrugs Shoulders*

Ahh, that's no fun. That would be a lightside choker. There you go -- new mod idea.

You are getting a little too evil here tk102 :devsmoke:

Unfortunately, tagetting when not in battle cannot be as precise as battle targetting. And what is the idea of useing this armband on the Jedi Council??? BTW I turned Jolee into a Gizka on the Ebon Hawk while playing with a "slightly" modified Darkside choker :D

Originally posted by Darth333

You are getting a little too evil here tk102 :devsmoke:

Unfortunately, tagetting when not in battle cannot be as precise as battle targetting. And what is the idea of useing this armband on the Jedi Council??? BTW I turned Jolee into a Gizka on the Ebon Hawk while playing with a "slightly" modified Darkside choker :D

How, evil... :D Can you turn him into a Tach?!

Unfortunately, tagetting when not in battle cannot be as precise as battle targetting. And what is the idea of useing this armband on the Jedi Council??? BTW I turned Jolee into a Gizka on the Ebon Hawk while playing with a "slightly" modified Darkside choker

better yet if he was turned to a gizka with the ability to pet the gizka or kill the gizka(for your extra darkside point) :lightning:

I love this mod! I been wanting to make comments on it for a long time!

While mostly it provides a fun, and damaging way to vent frustrations (DIE, Yuka Laka! You too, Bastilla's mom!), it can also be useful. For example, need tach glands? With this little toy, you can get as many as you want on Kashyyk. There are other uses I can't remember, but all I can say is before you go force-choking everyone in sight, SAVE YOUR GAME. Then you can go on a bloody rampage, killing everything you can!

Next thing I wanna try is getting buddy-buddy with the Sand People, and trying the force choke on 'em, see if they get hostile when I do it. If not, wohoo! Maybe I can extract the info from Mr. Storyteller and then dispose of him!

Man, I feel the call of the darkside with this mod...

I remember when I first killed the Jedi Council without realizing they weren't coming back. I got a little... upset. Think Anakin Skywalker after finding out his mom died.

Even Nemo ended up dead before his time. I wasted all the coucil, the people hanging around, Jon, the woman who wants to do unnatural things to her droid, and even Adum Larp. Oh the evilness of it all.

After that I wandered around Tattooine killing everyone at the Enclave.

I noticed one "bug" in the mod. It happens in conjunction with the "warpband" mod. I tried warping back to Taris and choking all the annoying people there, but a lot of them were invulnerable to my choke! No fair. I also couldn't choke the Rakatan in the box. I wanted to choke him, to, uhhh, free him from his prison! That's it!

Originally posted by DragonXero666

I noticed one "bug" in the mod. It happens in conjunction with the "warpband" mod. I tried warping back to Taris and choking all the annoying people there, but a lot of them were invulnerable to my choke! No fair. I also couldn't choke the Rakatan in the box. I wanted to choke him, to, uhhh, free him from his prison! That's it!

Did you downloaded the wapband and the darkside choker mods separately ? IN this case I am not surprised: both mods are incompatible because they use the same spells.2da file but with different contents. When you installed the warpband, you overwrote the file for the darkside choker.

I made a compatibility mod here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135226

it's called the AIOFPM (all-in-one force power mod ) and it regroups the mods of various authors :) all free of conflicts. It includes the armband, the darkside choker and much more.

read the readme. It contains valuable information. (the readme for the armband mentionned specifically the DS choker)

Actually, I have the AIOFPM, but the odd glitch still happens. There are several NPCs scattered about whom you can't choke. It's likely a limitation of the game, not a problem with your mod. For example, I can't choke those mouthy Sith guards on Manaan, or anyone for that matter. Oh well, there is the fishy killer mod, which I've yet to toy with much, so we'll see how much fun that is!

Anyway, in case I haven't said it yet, great mod!

Originally posted by DragonXero666

Actually, I have the AIOFPM, but the odd glitch still happens. There are several NPCs scattered about whom you can't choke. It's likely a limitation of the game, not a problem with your mod. For example, I can't choke those mouthy Sith guards on Manaan, or anyone for that matter. Oh well, there is the fishy killer mod, which I've yet to toy with much, so we'll see how much fun that is!

Anyway, in case I haven't said it yet, great mod!

Ok I'll check that. Maybe a problem with spells.2da.

Originally posted by Darth333

Ok I'll check that. Maybe a problem with spells.2da.

Actually, I had a bug in my game where the sith officer outside your apartment would spawn, but the Raid dialogue wouldn't start, so I DS chokered him, but the Duros who survives wouldnt let me choke him. That in itself made snese, however one of the droids also would not blow up!

I think this is all a sign that Bioware is telling us "Stop killing those people! They were good!"

But then I remember that evil always wins because good is dumb.

I love force-choking the Tachs on Kashyyk... ahh the senseless slaughter of it all.

Hey, they were cute for a while, but then the screeching got on my nerves a bit, and I went Anakin on them. Is that so wrong?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Mono_Giganto/hahat3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Mono_Giganto/hahahk.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Mono_Giganto/broken.jpg

Check these out. :D

Archived