Home

No politics (and I'm glad)

daltysmilth

I have to say that out of all the forums I frequent, this is one of only two where the members don't frequently engage in political debate. And I'm glad. It's nice to know that there exist places where I won't run into angry people saying hateful things about people they disagree with. That's the other great thing about this forum, that when people disagree with each other, they're courteous about it. On other forums when two members disagree, it almost always degrades into "Shut up, (bad word)head! Only a total (other bad word)head like you would think that way!" And the other person responds, "Oh yeah? Well (really bad word) you and all your children!" But here, when a person disagrees with someone else, they say "I disagree" or "I don't know about that" and the like, and then they'll give the reasons why they disagree.

So I think that if we do discuss politics, we should confine ourselves to discussing politics that occured before 1960.

To give examples of good and bad topics:

James K. Polk's accomplishments and faults during his Presidency: Right

Jimmy Carter being attacked by a swimming rabbit: Wrong

The Hawley-Smoot Tarriff: Right

Any mention of "Star Wars" that does not refer to the franchise owned by George Lucas: Wrong

What do you say?

Watch this movie clip, and wait till 02:28, http://www.energyradio.fm/anm/templates/ftf.aspx?articleid=96&zoneid=5

I'm just saying this to make it obvious, not to be your big brother or anything, and if you think differently, it is fine. Grown up people should respect others opinions, and aren't scared of others opinions, if they are to say they are mature. Unmature people however, can't take it when another person's world is different from theirs, and they tend to being scared/confused and get a fixed idea that they must convice them to think they same way they do. Though age is not a mature thing in the long run, cause a 18 year old can be much more mature than a 40 year old and etc. Some people mature in other ways. And the people who don't mature in this particular area, just can help it, so there seems to me no idea to think too much about it. So you can be mature and grown up in many different ways, and unmatre there for in many different ways too. Like playing in the sand is not so mature perhaps, but it's fun, and it's not harming anyone. I've overstated this topic just a wee bit here. But it's a fun topic to talk about.

If you like Red vs Blue, you can download their episodes here: http://www.redvsblue.com/bloodgulch_s1.shtml

I'm not saying it's all love and kisses on this forum, I'm just saying that most of the people on this forum are more considerate and polite about their disagreements than on most of the forums I go to. To paraphrase Peter Griffin (because I can't remember the exact quote) "Sir, while I may not agree with what you say I will defend to the death your right to say it." That's all I'm trying to say... you jerks.

;)

And considering we're quoting stuff, it's always nice to hear a bit of Python

"Judith: Here! I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the *right* to have babies.

Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister, sorry."

Archived