Home

My Reason

RpTheHotrod

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

Firstly, I'll give the opinion and point of a friend of mine who doesn't use LucasForums but had the chance of viewing this thread and watching the video.

"I hate idiots who make people suicidal by releasing such things. I know people who spend time crying over those questions.

What if you discover the "right" way of life, the 100% correct way to live it. Splendid, but who are you showing off to? What are you proving, and are you even happy living it."

Yeah. That about sums it up.

Man, you people are just bent on flaming anyone that comes by.

I have been accused in this thread of trying to make people commit suicide...I have been accused of claming I'm a superhero... I've been accused of claming that I am better than everyone else.

Have any of you people ever even considered that some people have so much inner feelings that they need SOME way to release it?

If you really want to know PART of what's going on. According to Astro, "everyone" does this.

I'm somewhat of a counsellor. I spend days driving hours to help people get out of situations. I have people with a gun in their yard as I pull up and try to talk them out of killing whoever they plan on killing. I stand for what's right when others don't, and sometimes have death threats....another reason why I had to move a lot growing up. When I see someone starting to go down a bad path, I'll go out of my way to try to keep them from continuing. I have dreams of accidents, and those accidents happen in real life. Can you imagine how it feels to know if someone is going to survive a trip, and them not listening to you and you have to sit back and know that's the last time you'll see them? THAT is my curse, knowing and not having the ability to change it. I can't explain it, and all because you don't believe in things like that doesn't mean you can come in flaming. I affect people in such a way, and I try to be that "brother" that they need. I often stay up till 5am every night just trying to help others online deal with things. Half the time I login, I get about 12 IMs within 2 minutes. I got people out there crying, are suicidal, depressed, questions about life, or just needing help with their school homework. Sometimes I don't get sleep, at all.

I sacrifice my own time for OTHERS, and you all claim I'm some stuckup jerk who just brags all the time? Brags about what?

None of you here really know what I do, I simply put up the video, but as for someone who DOES know, I had this response, "Dont know if anyone ever told you this but I really appreciate what you do for people."

So cut out the attacks. It's a simple video and you all get ruffled up about it. I'm just putting something I made here. I didn't ask you to understand it 100% That would be like flaming people for not understanding their sig.

It's amazing how hated you can be, just for being someone who cares.

Well RP, I think one of the reasons some people get "in your face" is because you've posted several threads with the underlying topic of "I can see into the future, but I cannot change it"

Now it really doesn't matter to me, but do you think a lot of people on a forum would really believe that?

I really don't know if you are indeed telling the truth, but I also don't know if you are lying.

P.S

I do respect people that care.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Don't believe it, then don't post about it. This isn't debate forums.

So in other words, the only feedback you want is something along the lines of "Oh, you poor tortured soul!" or whatever? And anything offered other than that is a flame? I'm sorry, but that's lame. Why even post it if you didn't want critcism? That's great that you help people and what not, but if you're such a righteous man, maybe you should stop fishing for sympathy, or pats on the back around here. Because it seems obvious you won't be getting it.

Hey, don't take it so hard man, it's a community, theres bound to be ppl that post crap like this.

I belive your story... But to a point, theres always doubt.

Lets just say I belive you enough to where if you told me not to go to the store today, I wouldn't go to the store.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

No....thanks for the flame though. I posted it because everyone I showed it to like it so I thought I'd post it here, too.

You have to remember not everyone here is Christian, and you are kinda going on about all this stuff about God and it may offend some people who don't believe in him.

EDIT:

To everyone insulting RP - Leave him alone. Be more considerate and think how you'd feel in the situation.

RP - Just becuase someone has a different opinion than you or is commenting on your work doesn't mean they are flaming you. ;)

Originally posted by ZBomber

You have to remember not everyone here is Christian, and you are kinda going on about all this stuff about God and it may offend some people who don't believe in him.

To me, it would be kind of strange to be insulted by something that depends on a God you do not believe exists for its validity. If He doesn't, you wouldn't feel too threatened by it, right?

Funny thing is I believe in God, and I believe in Jesus. And I sometimes visit a Baptist church.

I just... don't really think there's a need for this video.

IF you want me to flame by God I will do it. I'm trying to be nice, please don't take advantage of it.

This also, isn't a flame, but some of your posts sound a bit self centered/conceited/whatever you want to call it.

Things along the lines of "I help people all day". Well, that's fantastic, but it sounds like you're just bragging.

Hell, it's words, I may be taking your tone incorrectly, but fer Christ's sake you can't post something and not have a discussion about it.

1) You've made about 5 topics about this.

2) Not everyone is going to, as Cap says, pat you on the back, say good job, you poor thing, etc.

I'm not saying we're ALL jackasses, either.

Don't take me too seriously.

"Sing with me, sing for the year, sing for the laughter, sing for the tear..."

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

To me, it would be kind of strange to be insulted by something that depends on a God you do not believe exists for its validity. If He doesn't, you wouldn't feel too threatened by it, right?

Well, there are kids on here. Some may not believe in a God, and if they keep reading that there is a God, they may question their parents and that wouldn't be very good to cause such comotion.

EDIT - Mike, don't use Aerosmith lyrics ending your posts. :p AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY EMINEM BECAUSE HE COPIED HIM :xp:

"Walk this Way!"

and now you're trying to turn this into a religious debate...? Did I ever mention once anything about Christianity, religion, or God in general? You'll try to find anything possible to try to start a fight.

Why do you hate people so much, that care? It doesn't even make sense.

Last warning, cut out the personal attacks and trying to change the subject into something you want to fight. This has nothing to do with religion and etc.

I just watched the video...

That is really a motivating movie. I really thought hard after watching it.

I realise that alot of this applies to everyone, but some of this applies to me.

RP cares. He helps out. Hes a good guy. Lets just say theres something I wanna do, well, he gives me advice.

There is this one thing though, that Im not taking his advice on though. I totally understand why he doesnt want me to do it, but I just feel...that I need to.

Anyways, RP is a good guy, and bashing him wont get you anywhere.

My 2 cents.

Peace,

Acrylic

Look at the thread. It's been nothing but insults...and maybe you should watch the video. There is nothing about Christianity in it. Again, you are pulling stuff out of different places and using it to insult.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. No one understands, and no matter how hard you try, none of you would ever take what I'd have to say seriously.

And seeing that many of you have decided to turn this simple video into a flame-fest, I'm locking it up until you mature up.

Archived