Home

Custom Music In Morrowind!

kipperthefrog

Tired if the same old music in Morrowind?

Look what I discovered! In Windows Explorer, look under folder Program files/Bethseds softworks/Morrowind/Data Files/Music there are 3 folders called "Explore", "battle" and "speacial"!

I discovered if you put mp3s in those folders they will play in the game like it was the real music! you can add to those music files or replace them!

I put the track " Into the trap" from the ROTJ sountrack in the battle folder and moved all the original files to another folder! now when i get into a fight in morrowind, "star wars music starts playing!

one thing though, i NEVER removed "mowwoind title.mp3" from the explore folder, so I dont know what would happen. the tings i did so far worked flawlessly!

try it and what do you think?

Originaly posted by DarthBuzzard

Does this work with KotOR?...Cuz I just noticed it's morrowind, and I don't have Morrowind...

It might! there is a SMALL chance. Ill check it out and update you on what ever I find!

in the mean time, if anyone out there has morrowind, try it out! I know THAT works!

The Elder Scrools 4! WHOOPEEEEEEEE!

Ill have to cheak that out!

by the way, at DarthBuzzard's request, i did tried expirements on KOTOR.

i coulnt expirement with my KOTOR because My copy of the game is not working even with a freshly reformatted hardrive! maybie the cd is scratched or somthing!

I DID find out that there is a "streammusic" folder in the KOTOR directory. i DID find that the wav files will play in winamp if you rename them into mp3 files!

!!!IN THEORY!!!, if you rename your mp3 files to wav files and give them the SAME name as the music files you want to replace, and finaly put them into the "streammusic" folder, MAYBIE the costom music will work in KOTOR.

WARNING: Im NOT sure this will work, if ANYONE wants to try it, PLEASE backup any files you modify or replace! and also if YOU feel it is too dangerus, PLEASE don't do it! with PCs you never know WHAT will happen, Id hate to see somthing I put out kill someone's computer!

maybie the worst that will happen is that the game won't work and it CAN be fixed! maybie it actualy WILL work! who knows? This is just for KOTOR!

I would have done this MYSELF if my copy of KOTOR was working! IF anyone tries this, good luck!

PS: I KNOW the MORROWIND one works!

well, GSccc's ROTS mod has new soundfiles, so I'm sure it will work.

Alright, once I'm done with homework I'll start converting all my music from .wma to .mp3 and trying it out.

By the way, if I wanted ACDC/Have a Drink on ME (Back in Black, 1980) to be the cantina music (have a drink on me in the cantina...ain't that a riot? :D ) I would need to convert it from .wma to .mp3, then RENAME IT to cantina.mp3, and then place it in the stream music directory, correct?

Thanks for the info already Kipper, great finds :D

Will do Kipper!

I've just d/l a think that will convert my files, so doing some exploring, will keep you updated.

:EDIT: still have math homework...be bak on this in a while!

:.DOUBLEEDIT: Alright, it works! Now whenever I enter the cantina, AC/DC have a drink on me starts! What i did was:

1. Use Advanced WMA workshop to convert a WMA to a Mp3.

2. Replaced mus_area_can1 with the Mp3 file.

3. Warped (with Darth333's warpband none-the-less ;)) to the Tatooine Cantina.

4. Listened to my music. :D

So that's how to do it. Guess I'm gonna start my Rock Revival mod now...

Archived