Home

Ask Battlefront owners questions about game. [MERGED]

BigWyrm

I review games for a major publication and received a final xbox version of Star Wars: Battlefront last week.:D (It is freakin awesome!). I have been playing it every day since I received it, and my roommate plays it just as much.

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have about the game if I can, so fire away!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the X-wing does not have the fold-in wings mode. The maps are large for infantry but small for flying vehicles.

The at-st's animations are excellent, and it walks the correct speed, as does the lumbering at-at.

Darth Vader uses Nair.

The game is very stable, but might become laggy on non-dedicated servers on the xbox.

I don't think multiplayer has GC, but im not sure because there isn't anyone to play with multiplayer with right now.

The xbox version makes you think that you have to pause the game to switch from 1st to 3rd person, but you can assign it to a button if you want.

I met Vader and he sliced me in half!

The A.I can be kinda dumb like in BF1942, but are very deadly in Hard difficulty.

The single player modes, however, are very fun.

They follow basic orders like 'follow me', 'hold this position', and 'attack'. It is very handy to always have a few units following you as 'long gunning' simply won't work in this game. This is cool because it will foster teamwork in multiplayer. You can also tell ai bots to get in the secondary positions of vehicles to help you. It works on a close proximity system so units that are within 'shouting' distance obey your commands.

Units do not get dispatched to the area of your choosing. You cannot call for backup.

It felt like a hot knife through butta. You know people just don't get enough chances to see the beauty of their innards.

I didn't actually get sliced in half, but Vader has killed me more than once with one simple swipe of his mighty light saber!

The AI main characters like Vader, Luke, and Mace Windu aren't invincible, but are damn near close. One thing is missing though, and that is Yoda coming in on Geonosis and kicking major butt.

Originally posted by BigWyrm

It felt like a hot knife through butta. You know people just don't get enough chances to see the beauty of their innards.

I didn't actually get sliced in half, but Vader has killed me more than once with one simple swipe of his mighty light saber!

The AI main characters like Vader, Luke, and Mace Windu aren't invincible, but are damn near close. One thing is missing though, and that is Yoda coming in on Geonosis and kicking major butt.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's only one Jedi/Sith per force. So Luke, Vader, Mace (yay!!!), and Dooku would be it. It WOULD be cool of there were some secret unlockable Jedi/Sith. *dreams of am underwater level with Kit Fisto* :D

Please just give as detailed a review on the SP as possible. What do you like, dislike, etc etc etc. That's all that I plan on playing really (besides split screen MP) and any information you can give on it would be appreciated.

I would also like to know if there is any noticable lag.

Could you please tell me how well the AI works as your gunner when you are flying a speeder on Hoth? Do they shoot the harpoon cable at ATATs on Hoth with effectiveness?

Thanks!

When the 'boss characters' die, they respawn just like everyone else.

The single player portion of the game is an action-packed melange of intense laser battles and vehicular madness. You rarely have to travel far to engage the enemy, and some of the battles are more intense than the movies. Fight the enemy outdoors, or in corridors on the same level. Every level is a blast to play and each one requires a different strategy to win (on hard difficulty that is). My roommate likes to fly the snowspeeder on Hoth at the beginning and rush over and shoot the guys running to get in the AT-STs. Then he quickly lands and commandeers the AT-ST and begins shooting at the onslaught of infantry soldiers. What a clever bastard! Personally I like to take the Clone trooper with the jet pack and fly around the levels capping spawn points and blasting Droids with his EMP gun.

I am amazed at the lack of slowdown when playing single player with so much going on simultaneously on the XBOX version.

If you call for someone to hop in your snowspeeder in single player, then someone will if they are close. They then shoot the tow cable at the AT-ST if you maneuver in close enough. Finally the camera pulls back and you fly around the AT-AT wrapping the cable around its legs like the Rogue Sqaudron missions on Hoth.

The only things that I dislike at this point are the arcadey flight mechanics of the flying vehicles and not being able to switch weapon packs with fallen soldiers on the field.

I will see about the GC multiplayer and post by tomorrow.

Archived