Home

No Battlefront Mod Utils....

Benjo

http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle.asp?name=swbfront&page=4

Will there be a map-building tool (or other mod-making tools) released with the PC version?

We have not announced anything regarding this yet but look for an announcement in the next month or two.

there will be no mod util's released for the game... wat's goin on, the modding community will be shattered... :(

Cheers,

Na rift, Even a good Half-life map can take a week to 2 months, but thats all brush based etc... Battlefront just uses its editor for the terrain and building placement and some other things maybe like ai pathing, cap points and spawns. All the buildings are actual 3d models, if you have a skilled 3d artist that knows how to model, texture, and unwrap. Then it would move along at a decent pace.. It all depends on how much time you have and how devoted you are.

Alot of building models are already there for you though.. And you could just make a map off of that, make the terrain, plop in buildings etc.. *shrug* shouldent take long just as long as you plan it out first. Well see

Originally posted by TacoStain

Yep, If they don't release an Editor for this game it will die QUICKLY, Thats the 1 consistent thing w/ games that have a longevity, it is having a strong map/Modding community that keeps things fresh over time and enjoyable.

My 2 cents,

TacoStain

Agreed.

I make maps for Raven Shield an others. Having new maps is good because after two months of playing you get sick of playing the same maps repeatedly.

I can't seem to find any post on editing yet, but for post like this with people who keep asking and asking about edit abilities with SWBF.

I still don't know which 3D rendering engine is running this game.

There are only three ways I can see to begin editing this game.

1 Release the SDK (software development kit). The question is, the company who used the 3D rending software for this game, do they plan to release a public SDK?

2 Is there an editor tool planned to be release with a patch update?

3 Will there be any plug in for a 3D rending software (3D Max, GMax).

There is also hacking (the rat bastrads) and with the hackers who are loser players to begin with, is there any plan to have PunkBuster monitor multiplayer gaming. It will be needed.

SEN 5241 - " I have a way with computers"

Yeah i have an idea for some maps that i want based on the clone wars cartoons and other sources. I hope that if they do decide to release tools that it will be user friendly. It would be cool if it had ease of use sort likedrag and drop buildings clicking on and off different types of terrain and such. You'd see maps relatively quickly if that were the case.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

Yeah i have an idea for some maps that i want based on the clone wars cartoons and other sources.

Sounds like great minds think alike. I too have a few ideas from that series as well. ;)

(Finally, a game that brings me back to this community again. I've been limited to lurking since Sithlord/Bloodriot/Tigris/myself disappeared. I wonder if those jokers are still around...)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by phOny 3DBuzz

Yep, Take UT2K3/4 as an example....

An even better example is the TRIBES series... People are still to this day modding and playing the first tribes game, and they just recently released the third game for the PC.

Tribes 2 is going strong as well, I got into modding in Tribes 2 and was really looking forward to working on some modding for this game.

The way modding communities work though, I'm sure someone will have something soon.... I hope.

V

OK,

Unreal (All Versions)

Battlefield Vietnam

FarCry

Halflife 2 (Has modelling tools already out.)

OK for most games there will never be one released, but this has potential, there really should be a map editor, minimum.

However I would rather wait a while and have an easy to use editor than have a poor one released with the game.

Archived