Home

(my big) suggestion list

(big sorted list: a few posts down)

some maybe pointed out already, but just to recap

The game is ace. It's just that i pull my hair out desperately trying to join a friends server, nothing works. nothing. Integrating with gamespy didnt turn out that good IMO.

a) what browser should display is

IN/MAX - NAME - MAP - PING

b) STOP BUTTON. I try to click on a server, but then 5 other server spawn etc. its impossible.

c) Make the scroll toolbar dragable. The little vertical bar at the right, would be nice if i could click on it and drag it all the way down and up. this is the only thing so far i noticed isnt there because the game is out for consoles as well.

e) direct ip connect didnt work back then, and i want to avoid the gamespy login thing. also on a lot of servers after the map is done and new wants to load, get the busy thing

gameplay

a) damage blasters higher pls. I shoot for a long time at a guy just to notice someone else gets hgim with a rocket and then someone gets me with a rocket, no wonder ppl go rockets

future requests

a) voice taunts

(better) voice taunts please, with sound etc. The commands now arent too good though.

b) buddy system. The ability to add a buddy so you see his name in a different color on the radar and map. Extremely helpful feature

c) higher/lower feature in rep gunship. Instead of pointing the mouse up and going up i would love to have a "go up/down" button instead

ace game, just the browser is holding its ture mp power back

bugs etc:

In SP, when i played historical it wouldnt remember my brightness settings when i click on restart mission. Actually, in the brightness bar it would be correct; but display something else unless i click on the bar again

-When in (sniper) zoom mode, you'll still have the scope when the VICTORY appears

-Air vehicles (like air speeders, xwing) shoudn't be able to slow down and shoot infantry easily (looks ridiculous as well, except republic gunship). Just a lil balance issue

-TAB menu. I'd like to be able to click on it an dsee the scores while runnign etc; or when in the respawn interface (countdown...). Also, perhaps be able to always see the KILLS/DEATHS/CP bar in the left of the screen

-After it says a server is full, it displays the in-game browser for a second, and then back to JOIN/CREATE. I would like to have it go to the browser instead

-PING: rather have it in numbers if possible

-make crouch and prone affect aim (better aim). otherwise it doesnt really have any advantage (still easy to hit, and when going in prone cant shoot and its slow)

-different speed for classes (even if its slightly), scouts go faster (since they got weaker need a little advantage to run away) and heavy weapons slower (so they're not as fast as infantry, and cant be easily used against infantry).

A blaster is less heavy than a big rocket pack

-Balance again; heavy weps should be strong against vehicles but weaker against infantry. turn down infantry splash damage?

-bottom of list: jedi fight each other. Even though this would be really kewl i know its asking much, and the other points deserve more attention in my opinion.

-Air vehicles (like air speeders, xwing) shoudn't be able to slow down and shoot infantry easily (looks ridiculous as well, except republic gunship). Just a lil balance issue

Though the vehicles are on repulsors, I heavily agree with this especially because the effect of missiles on vehicles is relatively weak. Around two hits generally kills but you can easily miss even a vehichile moving slowly. The lock-on tracking behavior is horrible. I'm a decent shot now, but I've missed in the past being locked on, holding my reticle over the vehicle but strafing away, the missle shot right by the vehicle! The vehicles can accelerate away. Any vehicle that remains moving every second or so will almost never get hit by missiles.

There definitely needs to be a balance of vehicle armor vs. missile troops. For instance, the Rebel tanks on Dune Sea can annihilate Imp missile troops. It's basically a race. If the Imps destroy the tanks and push their advantage early enough, they can win. If they don't, the Rebels will spawn kill them till their RI are gone.

-PING: rather have it in numbers if possible

A text overlay over the bar would be nice.

-make crouch and prone affect aim (better aim). otherwise it doesnt really have any advantage (still easy to hit, and when going in prone cant shoot and its slow)

This definitely needs some tweaking. People go prone doesn't REALLY make them any less shootable because they can't move. The lower profile doesn't help. So many people go prone on Cloud City halls. I just stay up and strafe back and forth and headshot them. Shooting someone who is prone is almost always a headshot. People who are crouched/prone should be able to roll away and back.

I think the classes do have different speeds. I was noticing in SP today that the rifle troop was running away from me when I was a rocket troop but I only noticed this once. If there isn't a movement speed differential, there should be.

Another suggestion:

Auto-kick on players who TK a given # of players (which could be a variable that admins set). A good number of max team-kills would be ~4.

Don't even hope they'll change the existing maps RADICALLY. Nobody wants to download a 1 gb patch, and pandemic wouldnt start at redoing the maps either.

New item;

AAT Splash damage.

I just played clones vs CIS, mos eisley. I took the AAT and got a KDR of 24-1 (died once, took tank again). What can I say? Well first of all the tank looks weird in mos eisley. Secondly, splash damage is way too high. I just needed to shoot 2 m next to them and it was a hit, i'd decrease splash damage on infantry to not make vehicles all-powerful, and stimulate them to fight other vehicles instead of infantry.

Why would a vehcile wage war with another one, and have a 50% chance of winning and gaining a kill, rather than harassing dozens of infantry that spawns.

Originally posted by Alegis

Well first of all the tank looks weird in mos eisley.

I wish the vehicles would be removed from that map all together. Too small of a map for vehicles, and you can't even pilot them around. You just ping pong ball all over the place. VERY awkward! It needs to be removed. Hopefully the new dedicated server will give you the option of turning vehicles off in a map, or even choosing your vehicles for a map. Now that I think about it, it would be damn funny to see speeder bikes flying through mos eisley.....well at least for awhile it would, but I'm sure the fun would eventually wear off. BEing able to remove vehicles from a map is a must!

I'd like to see...

-The rebel sniper have a figure more like Laura Croft. Come on, if we are gonna look at her, give us something to look at! :p

OK, I'll completely joking about that one! sorta. What I'd really like to see is

-The team listing be two columns side by side, when you hit TAB.

I hate hitting tab and seeing one long list of players. I have no idea if the teams are even. Can't compair them side to side. Plus I'm not gonna scroll through to see my name on the list when I just wanna look real quick. The team list just annoys me as is now.

-Server info button/command

When i'm on a server playing a few rounds and a friend comes along, I never remember the name of the server I'm on. It would be nice to pull up the server name and/or IP, maybe some other info as well. I know you can just use xfire, but I'd really like to see this feature.

-Better voting system.

In the game Savage, when you vote to kick or mute someone, it tells you to hit F1 for yes or F2 for now. How do we vote in this game again? Also I like how Savage votes are based on who actually votes, not how many are on the server.

-Spectate mode

...would be great. I'd like to see what's going on in the game before hand, or sit as a spec whil afk for a bit. Did someone already say that?

Originally posted by Cyclone7

-Better voting system.

In the game Savage, when you vote to kick or mute someone, it tells you to hit F1 for yes or F2 for now. How do we vote in this game again? Also I like how Savage votes are based on who actually votes, not how many are on the server.

EXACTLY. Even though F1 and F2 are now used for "follow me" etc, it would be very nice to have voting then until you have chosen an option. When you include a good voting system i hope,

1) majority of voters makes the change in decision, not if voters are majority of all players

2) after you vote the voting box dissapears a little bit, dont want to see a big box the entire time

new suggestion

-Recon droid gets refreshed after sniper gets ammo

I just played a few games, as an assassin droid, hid me behind an ammo droid in theed, and fired 10 orbital strikes before one person knew where i was.

- disastrous massacre, only one spawn left and i just bombarded it, they dont have a chance to go further

I don't think the recon droid should be refreshed for this issuie. Also, even though i layed there for 5 minutes someone else with 1 minute got the camper award. Apparently because i moved with the recon droid i wasnt recorded as a camper

haha holy ****. And I thought I was bad refreshing my mines as a missile trooper. Mines are devastating. But they seem to have a time limit after which they disappear.

Refreshing the recon droid. That's a bad bug. There are so many maps where that could be exploited. Theed, Endor, Hoth, Kamino, Geonosis, Dune Sea, Mos Eisley, Yavin Arena... I'm gonna have to learn to shoot down recon droids.

I even got 3 kills with the blaster from the recon. I just blast em before i call it just to make sure they got some damage and suffer from the splash damage of the strike

Jet troopers always had me quick, best method is to run away backwards and blast at it. Never run towards it. Also, one therm under it destroys it as well.

This was handy though in rhen var citadel, as we only had one spawn inside and i just kept on calling strikes near the stairs so they couldnt use that way anymore. Still, snipers should only get 1 recon IMO

sniping is a bit hard cause they move in little shocks though. As assault it doesnt matte rmuch for precision...

Also, recon didnt get recorded for camper but i also got the dead eye award for calling orbital strikes. I don't think this should happen either because i dont really aim the strikes right. Its nt rly about accuracy

-When you selected a spawn, but want to change spawn and do so, sometimes the timer will restart, and sometimes it wont. Would like to have it keep counting rather than restarting the respawn timer (yes, i select spawns before my timer runs out)

-The 1.00a patch made it that you cant see ping unless you click on server and wait, but if you click on a server it will remain selected. this is a great improvement though there is big room for more. Servers come on quicker as well. Unfortunately of the wrong information, patch was an improvement. Still, as many may know still somewhat uncompatible with 3rd party programs, which is for pc gamers a downside. I know 3rd party doesnt equal pandemic problems, it seems to come for the in-game browser anyways. When using 3rd party, always need to skip the intro logos, select profile and gamespy. Is it possible to avoid all this? (especially profile, use last one selected? I dont want to start up the game with profile either)

-A better autoassign. Now when playing with friends, most servers are autoassign. I'd rather have a better balancing system that runs in the game (instead of blocking newcomers to choose teams) so i can still play with my friend. For example, you can't join the other team if it has more players. this way its still possible to play together if we join the team with the lesser players. I know almost always play against him instead

The selecting a profile should be gotten rid of. It should auto-select the one I last selected, as you suggested. I've been meaning to mention this but it's low on the totem poll. Having to choose it just puts another barrier in the way of me doing what I actually want to do.

If I want to change profile, I can do it via Options or whereever it is.

Yes, autobalance should work like CounterStrike's. Once you join, if the teams are even, you can choose any side. If Imps has less than Rebels you should be put on Imps and left there till you change maps. Once you change maps, it should restart. People can join whichever side they want till there's one side with too many. The current system just isn't good. Could be better. I am an Imperial guy and I hate joining auto-assign servers where I have to be Rebel and then am forced to be Rebel from there-on-out.

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

The selecting a profile should be gotten rid of.

Luckily thanks to that guy at LEC forums found out how. Just make a shortcut to swbattlefront.exe with those parameters (i know you know what topic i'm talking about :) )

If the issue cant be solved soon of where you need to disconnect and reconnect when map changes for some servers, i would like to ask a simple console with commands like /reconnect etc to make this extremely easy. Console would also be needed if buddy system is going to be there IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

jumpbug.jpg

Those who watched the teamxbox movies will remember that the guy came out of a vehicle, and the character would move around in "jump stance", even if he entered/exited another vehicle. I just had this again.

-Blasters faster. In the movies they move very fast, in SWBF its kinda slow, you need to lead a lot more etc..they should move a bit faster

-Save secondary weapon choice. As a pilot, i always run around with medpack selected in secondary weapon. When i die and respawn, its back to the fusioncutter. I'd like swbf to remember the last secondary weapon choice

-Health bar or at least a button to call for medic/ammo, and i can see an icon over their head. ATM as a pilot i dont see why i should run after em and beg em to accept my packs. If you include these icons i would heal em etc

• 2 weeks later...

Here i made most of it in a list,

Improvements

• Server browser:
  • 1) Should display PLAYERS - NAME - MAP - PING
  • 2) A 'stop' button for the server browser
  • 3) Make scrollbar (right) dragable with the mouse
  • move up/move down button in rep gunship. Instead of pointing the mouse up and going up i would love to have a "go up/down" button instead
  • Increase blaster/pistol damage (even slightly would be very nice)
  • Air vehicles (like air speeders, xwing) shoudn't be able to slow down and shoot infantry easily (looks ridiculous as well, except republic gunship). Just a lil balance issue
  • TAB menu. Holding it down will always display it (while running or respawning.
  • Kills/Deaths/CP table, instead of only showing it when killing etc, make it always appear in the left
  • different speed for classes (even if its slightly), scouts go faster (since they got weaker need a little advantage to run away) and heavy weapons slower (so they're not as fast as infantry, and cant be easily used against infantry).
    A blaster is less heavy than a big rocket pack
  • Decrease vehicle splash damage vs infantry

Bugs

• In SP, when i played historical it wouldnt remember my brightness settings when i click on restart mission. Actually, in the brightness bar it would be correct; but display something else unless i click on the bar again
  • When in (sniper) zoom mode, you'll still have the scope when the VICTORY appears
  • After it says a server is full, it displays the in-game browser for a second, and then back to JOIN/CREATE. I would like to have it go to the browser instead
  • The respawn timer is strange. If you want to join another spawn instead, sometimes it will start again from 12 and sometimes it will continue. Please make it 'continue' instead rather than restarting
  • Jump bug screenshot
  • When a spawn is taken over, vehicles get destroyed. However, those next to an R2droid dont get destroyed (eg an ywing on bespin)

Requested new features

• Server browser:
  • 1)Search a server (or player: the ability to find a server or player by a word or two
  • 2)Favorites
  • voice taunts:(better) voice taunts please, with sound etc. The commands now arent too good though.
  • buddy system: The ability to add a buddy so you see his name in a different color on the radar and map. Extremely helpful feature
  • Make crouch and prone affect aim (better aim)
  • heroes should do a short duel, or leave the battlefield and only one of em returns
  • I beg of you, a balancing system. 'You can't join a team with more players 'etc., but you can switch to the team with lesser players
  • A voting system. based on who votes. If majority of voters agree, make vote go in effect. A shortcut button for vote yes and vote no
  • Save secondary weapon choice. As a pilot, i always run around with medpack selected in secondary weapon. When i die and respawn, its back to the fusioncutter. I'd like swbf to remember the last secondary weapon choice
  • Health bar or at least a button to call for medic/ammo, and i can see an icon over their head. ATM as a pilot i dont see why i should run after em and beg em to accept my packs. If you include these icons i would heal em etc
  • Display on top of the HUD how many players on each team

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alegis/jumpbug.jpg

Those who watched the teamxbox movies will remember that the guy came out of a vehicle, and the character would move around in "jump stance", even if he entered/exited another vehicle. I just had this again.

I only had it twice though, i think its when you exit and at the same time jump out of the vehicle

Also, vehicles need to be less powerful in HP, and the combat landspeeder weaker than the AT-ST. ATM the speeder is much more powerful against an ATST with just a pilot.

This is a good list, Alegis. Here are some more to add:

Bugs

• When mapping keys / mouse-buttons / joystick-buttons in the "Control Setup" to an action that already has a key / mouse-button / joystick-button mapped to it, sometimes the new thing you're trying to map goes in as the second entry, and sometimes as the first entry. This is frustrating when you're trying to keep one of the entries, such as MOUSE BUTTON 1, but also want to map JOYSTICK BUTTON 1 to that action instead of CTRL. This should work by always placing the newly mapped key / mouse-button / joystick-button at the start of the list, pushing the previous first entry to the second spot, and discarding the previous second entry.
  • When mapping keys / mouse-buttons / joystick-buttons in the "Control Setup", if the users presses the ESC key, any changes are accepted, contrary to commonly accepted user-interface principles. Pressing the ESC key should be the same as clicking the CANCEL button..

Improvements

• When mapping keys / mouse-buttons / joystick-buttons in the "Control Setup", provide a way to clear out an action's mapping.
  • Provide a way to explicitly assign the mouse axes, as illustrated in the mappings by default. Aside from clicking the "RESET TO DEFAULT" button, I can't find a way to do this.
  • Give the server admin a way of locking everyone's view to either 1st-person-only / 3rd-person-only / or the option for the player to switch freely.

objects are "fat", when fliying my x-wing below cloud city, if you go close to the downward spirals, you actually hit them and same for when flying close past a tie fighter or anything... i don't know if it's ment to be the x-wing's sheilds or somethin (even though we don't have any shields....) but yeh.... it's VERY frustraiting...

anyone else had this problem...?

Cheers,

At the "Victory Screen" and score table, there should be a few seconds allowed where players can type stuff.

It's nice to be able to say "gg" or something once the match ends. As it is, you can type but noone can see it, period.

A brief message of the day display or list of changed cvars that displays during the loading screen would be nice.

I know they like the whole "zooming in on the satellite" thing, but some more info would be good. Also a status bar for loading.

The "colored bars" are okay, but a true ping number display next to each server in the browser should be allowed, plus more filtering options. Instead of the "busy" button, it should say what it's doing (refreshing new servers, connecting to the game with a status bar, etc). More info please!

Unreal Tournament still has the best in-game browser of any online game I've ever seen. Pandemic could learn a lot from it.

In-game toggleable FPS counter (and a console of course). This would be a great addition.

One more thing, add the ability to change the menu resolution. Right now it's forced into 640x480. It would be nice if there was an option to match it to the game resolution (or have a seperate option to change it) so you can view more info at a time if you wish.

Smarter, non-Immortal Jedi: Make it so that Jedi can actually be killed by Infantry. If you still want them to be able to block anything, even behind their backs, make an explosion at their feet (that knocks them down) take them out in 1 or 2 hits (like a regular soldier) or 3-4 hits to make them "supermen". Vehicles should be able to take them down in a few hits from splash damage, rather than having them never ever die except from tricks like being stepped on or blasted into a pit. Make the Jedi respond to orders, or at least help out their fellows in need. If more balance is needed to make the now weaker Jedi more useful, give them the ability to "force jump" (think of the Dark Troopers jump jets) with a little sound effect. Make the "Heal" not just an animation, but something that really heals them (since they are really taking damage now), but not something they can use forever. Make Jedi hard to kill, but not impossible for infantry, in other words, and make them smarter and more useful for the team, rather than randomly roaming around.

Giving Jedi the ability to harm other Jedi with their sabers would be nice too. Perhaps reduce the blocking behavior against other sabers (say, only front shots are blocked, while not swinging). This would be a little more work than the above, but would really make them better than the current window-dressing they are now.

PS: Faster/Stronger blasters (especially 1 shot kills) are something that a lot of people seem to want, but I don't know if they have thought about how that will affect the gameplay.

With the lack of spawn invulnerability, the low framerate & lag and the fact that most servers have Friendly Fire/Team Damage ON, means that there's going to be a lot more added frustration, with only a tiny return for the extra "realism." Also, why bother with headshots if every shot is going to kill instantly? If "realistic blasters" are going to be added, this should be a seperate game mode option, not the default and such servers should be clearly labelled.

• 2 weeks later...

-Balance again; heavy weps should be strong against vehicles but weaker against infantry. turn down infantry splash damage?

I totally disagree. Splash damage from heavy weapons is absurdly small at the moment... Shooting someone with one of the rocket launchers is like using a sniper rifle — it'll kill whoever it hits, and anyone standing *right beside them* is left undamaged. There should be at least a 2M blast radius, like a half-powered grenade going off. The arc trooper is already handicapped against infantry via the slow weapon reload (which should remain.)

-Health bar or at least a button to call for medic/ammo

Yes! Excellent idea!

Originally posted by Vagabond

Give the server admin a way of locking everyone's view to either 1st-person-only / 3rd-person-only / or the option for the player to switch freely.

Why on earth would you want to force people to play from a perspective that they don't want to? Players can switch freely — edit your key mappings. :)

Archived