Home

#1 One Mini-Game Improvement

Dragonball Fan

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Details, details, details... :D

Agreed! :D Just to have a cutscene with an enourmous wave of Sith fighters charging the Ebon Hawk's front viewport like the Tie Fighters did to the Millenium Falcon and the Rebels in RoTJ at the Second Death Star Battle...

That would be sweet...

You go to the gun turret and have to survive almost endless waves of enemy fighters for like 10 minutes or something like that, that would be doable and pretty cool too. :D

Maybe your ship could actually be combat-flying (wich could make you scre up a shot), instead of the flying in a straight line Carth used to do (if he's in can we fire him for this?). And that Tie Fighter scene of RotJ was definetly something, even better when you played X-Wing Alliance, the same scene happens, but this time YOU fly the Falcon.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Details, details, details... :D

its all from a technical standpoint:

first the map is gonna have to be quite large to have a battle with lots of stuff happening.

second, your talking about a lot of 3d objects being rendered. all the ships and fighters amounts to lots of poly's. :D

third, in order for the battle to basically go the way its supposed to, you would have to have scripts for EVERY SINGLE SHIP.

however, if you guys have every played the 3d star wars trilogy arcade (which i can still find in some places :rolleyes: ), you can realize that it doesn't take much to make a massive space battle, especially with today's technology. :D

btw, have you guys noticed how i've been explaining my posts around here recently??? :D

Archived