Home

#1 One Mini-Game Improvement

Dragonball Fan

Originally posted by Achilles

Gun turret might have been more fun with a little more variety. You know, every once in a while throw in something other than a fighter that takes only one direct hit to destroy.

i agree. the turret game is way too easy.

[ranting]the fighters all have about 7 different attack patterns, and i'm at the point where i can spot them on my radar. not to mention the one hit kill is way too cheap. any real fighter can take at least some damage before it goes. and yes, those sith fighters do look more heavily armored than the tie fighters. so why one hit kills???

another thing would be to have them attack in formation as opposed to a bunch of random orbits around you. the realism is just a tad lacking in that department.

maybe if they had some bombers or fast attack fighters go at you as well as the standard ones, then it wouldn't be too bad, but come on, the lack of variety is killin me, well, my brain anyway.[/ranting]

Originally posted by jedi3112

And the fighters always come in the same number, that could change as well, and they also always come from the front of my guns. I could take out about 3 of them by just firing forward the first few seconds of the game.

Exactly! I know some people have said that they have a difficult time with this mini-game, but I can't understand how that's possible when you can wipe out 40% of the fighters before the screen finishes loading.

Originally posted by stingerhs

[ranting]the fighters all have about 7 different attack patterns, and i'm at the point where i can spot them on my radar. not to mention the one hit kill is way too cheap. any real fighter can take at least some damage before it goes. and yes, those sith fighters do look more heavily armored than the tie fighters. so why one hit kills???

Because in any scifi/fantasy series the enemy fighters are always one hit kills.

And why do you think they look more armoured that tie fighters?

Just thought I could post a few interesting links concerning mini games:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=1690&st=90&p=101383entry101383

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=3398&hl=&view=findpost&p=86654

There will be no opponents for the swoop races:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=3398&hl=&view=findpost&p=88654

And concerning the turret games, each fighter follows a specific track model (models m12ab_mgtxx) and we can't change that yet... However, it is possible to increase the hit points quite easily, as you can see from my easy turret mini game mod: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134704

I think the swoop racing in the first game was great, but only 3 tracks was way to few, and you could only race on Taris once. It would be great with a swoop track on each of the planets in TSL, or maybe a couple of tracks on some of them, I thought it took away from the realism of the first game that it seemed to be only one track on each of the planets. On a little inhabited one like tattoine it was ok, but come on, on a world with billions of people like Taris it would have to be more than just one swoop track.

i liked the swoop racing too it was the only mini game that i thought required any kind of skill

pazaak felt like u needed more luck than skill and the gun turret thing i mean one hit kills is fair enough but i felt i hardly sustained any damage even when i had my first try and it took me a while to take them all down but it didn't take long to learn the flight patterns of the enemy fighters

what i would like to add to swoop racing is to add a more need for speed underground feel for it

u could go to shops and buy upgrades, nitros and yeah y not have actual races rather than time trials u could even design ur swoop bike choose the colour

or they could design a whole new game around this one idea

its better than podracing lol

I wouldn't like to see the mini games to be made more difficult but I would like to see them optional. I mean. Most of the time when I go from one planet to another I must wait just because there could be enemy fighters to be shot while I would like to just take the moment then to take a break and walk to the kitchen to grab some crisps. And since most of the swoop racing and all pazaak is optional I would like to see the turret game optional as well. And if the turret game is enabled why don't I get any XP for bringing down these fighters?!

^^^^

not bad, but what would the xp count towards???? would it make more fighters attack you??? or would it activate auto aim (which i despise)????

Err...gunner levels :eyeraise::D

I was thinking that your attacks might require some kind of standard combat roll (AB against DC or something like that). Might shake things up a little and break the monotony.

OT: You just escaped from Malak's flagship and they only send 6 fighters after you.

....or, you've just been spotted outside the Star Forge (the big thingy that makes all the ships) and they only send 6 fighters after you :confused:

Exactly, first off they by then know the Hawk is Revan's ship second I think a ship like the Leviathan might just have a wee bit more fighters than the usual 6, and the Star Forge might just have a wee bit more than the Leviathan. third, only with the Star Forge, if you have been discovered might it just be wise to send a wee bit more than 6 fighters to make sure that ship doesn't report your position, especially if 6 fighters have proven that they no doubt aren't enough to destroy the Hawk. And why can't you take the Leviathan after clearing the bridge, or take the Star Forge coordinates from the ship at least.

mini games were kinda pointless to me. but whatever, change of pace, atleast, i remember i thought you only had a limited amount of ammo when i first fought in the ebon hawk. i killed them all without wasting a bullet, though it was hard, later i learned that the beeping meant my ship was going to blow up, not that i was low on ammo. so yeah, i just pressed the fire button alot, i got really nasty at it, killed like 4 before the screen even showed up, really really easy. ditto to the swoop racing, pazak was like the only hard minigame.

^^^^

not bad, but what would the xp count towards???? would it make more fighters attack you??? or would it activate auto aim (which i despise)????

Possibly the Gunner Exp could make your shots do progressively more damage per hit, that way with a decent skill you could really do some damage. :D

Just a thought. :)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It would be fun if we saw more then basic Sith Fighters. I hope that if you play dark side in KotOR:TSL you'll face Republic fighters too. Or maybe engage in a real battle.

It would be nice that in TSL if you choose a Jedi prestiege class you would then have to face progressively harder Sith Fighters in the turret, if you choose a Sith prestiege class then you would have to face progressively harder Republic Fighters, and having to fly through a full scale battle would be cool as well. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Possibly the Gunner Exp could make your shots do progressively more damage per hit, that way with a decent skill you could really do some damage. :D

Just a thought. :)

hmm, well that would work. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

It would be nice that in TSL if you choose a Jedi prestiege class you would then have to face progressively harder Sith Fighters in the turret, if you choose a Sith prestiege class then you would have to face progressively harder Republic Fighters, and having to fly through a full scale battle would be cool as well. :D

that would be really sweet... :D

...but that might conflict with the storyline. :(

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

That is if we don't destroy fighters in one shot.

It would be fun if we saw more then basic Sith Fighters. I hope that if you play dark side in KotOR:TSL you'll face Republic fighters too. Or maybe engage in a real battle.

a real battle...:D

against the republic...:joy:

with basic fighters and some bombers or gunships...:D

and the side effects (massive map, tons of script, high poly count, etc) would be minimal. :D

Archived