Home

Contron options? (PC users)

Diabloviper10

Unfortunatly due to yet another bug in the game, I have been forced to use a mouse instead of my Joystick/rudders for flying vehicles. I actually created a topic in the "Technical Help" section of this forum. So instead of explaining the issue again, you can just read it for yourself. ;)

Are you having joystick issues or do you use a mouse by choice?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?postid=1638845#post1638845

I had originally changed the default starfighter controls, but since have resorted back to defaults, except i am not inverting y axis, and i feel pretty comfortable with this.

is everyone leaving the default vehicle controls or is anyone changing this? i want the vehicles to have a BF1942/V feel to them.. any suggestions?

• 10 months later...

Just bought SWBF1, Options does not seem to provide any recognition of Logitech Rumblepad Cordless 2. I can create profile in Logitech Wingman software, but when I play the game, SWBF1 does not respond to commands from the Rumblepad. Rumblepad works fine with other games. Any help appreciated!

I use a Logitech extreme 3d pro for forward, back, strafe left, strafe right and the buttons are plenty for all the weapons fire, jump, crouch etc, and I use a logitech marble mouse in my left hand to look around. If anyone remember the Panther XL, or assassin 3d from the old quake, quake2 days it emulates that kind of set-up. i can use a ground or air based player pretty well with either since the config allows diff control sets for soldier, vehicle and air. IF you see me online, I'm skrawn-key - I still play like kind of a noob since I have kids now and cant afford the time to hone my skils to Uber level anymore.

check out http://www.clana3d.com for more info on this type of control scheme - i love it i've never been able to make the transition to mouse/keyboard even though i've tried.

If anyone has played since quake days - you will probably remember being owned by clan Lo-Tech - we were the LPB's that axe murdered all comers in quake. LOL

(disclaimer- actual representations of ownage have been exaggerated for dramatic impact)

i use a nostromo keypad and mouse. the nostrome is cool because it has 14 buttons for your fingers that are setup like the keyboard wasd, then is has a crosspad for your thumb wih a button below that feels alot like the space key and one above too. so with all of these you can have lots of crap all right there withou moving your hand. it also allows for macros so you can setup stuff like buy macros in CS. and it allows for 3 alt bindings for each key basically quadrupling your keys. i use the wasd keys just like on the keyboard so there's no adjusting to it, and i use the cross pad fro weapon switching. it works great to be able to move and strafe and jump all while selecting whichever weapon you need with your thumb.

Archived