Home

mtt

naaitsab

Originally posted by JustSoICanView

I was actually quite surprised to find the MAF in bespin, I was sure it's not in the game.

I'm not very surprised that the mtt isn't though, as no one will want to drive it. It's slow and weak aka worthless.

Have a go at SW Battlegrounds on the PC, you'll change your tune about the MTT.

The MTT is in the game itself, just not in any of the missions.

So when modding tools come out, it will be simple enough to drop it in.

There was probably no need for the Seperatists to have a walker/artillery unit like that on any of the maps. Geonosis included (since we never saw MTTs at that battle.. but lots of spider/hailfire droids though...).

Originally posted by Lord Jerec

Have a go at SW Battlegrounds on the PC, you'll change your tune about the MTT.

As a Star Wars fan, I have all the Star Wars games (well most of them anyway), so yes, I have it (and the expansion pack). SWGB is known to be not very movie accurate. They needed an assault mech for the trade federation, so the MTT was the obvious choice. But since SWB is true to the movies, they can't do the same thing.

battlegrounds was whatever medival game it was based off of with new(ish)

graphics. buth the MTTs actually do have lasers on them

That medieval game is also known as Age of Empires 2: the age of Kings. It was the forerunner of Age of Mythology.

Anyway, back on topic, i think Leaving out the MTT isn't the only mistake. It's weird, in the trailers and screenshots i clearly saw MTT's. I also saw vehicles on planets were there are no vehicles now, and i also haven't seen a lot of rebel vehicles that they put on the site. But maybe it's just me.

Other than that, it's a great game.

i see them all the time, and i've flown them as well...you're not missing out on anything

It's slower and not as strong

actually its fairly fast (faster than either the atat or atte), watch ep1, where quigon (i think) and jarjar almost get run down by one. and as for strength, its not that big, but it looks fairly well armored (stronger than the aat)

MTTs really don't need to be in the game. Where would they go? Even in the historical campaign battle for naboo it wouldn't fit. Too big, with not enough use to warrant putting in any map.

The Cloud car appears on bespin. I beleive whenever you capture an enemy vehicle spawn point, it starts spawning them instead of the enemy vehicles. ie, if a rebel captures a TIE platform, it will start spawning cloud cars instead of TIEs.

Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

i see them all the time, and i've flown them as well...you're not missing out on anything

actually its fairly fast (faster than either the atat or atte), watch ep1, where quigon (i think) and jarjar almost get run down by one. and as for strength, its not that big, but it looks fairly well armored (stronger than the aat)

As far as armor goes, it's very strong, but I was talking about his cannons.

Archived