Home

Long silence

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So true. Being a Sc-Fi fan, I have been to four Star Trek conventions. I attended one in which the entire script of Star Trek:Generations was basically layed out before me. It ruined the movie because I was not surprised about anything. I thought that I was so cool because I knew everything before hand. Sometimes when you get what you want, you loose.

Indeed. I remember going into The Phantom Menace knowing very little, whereas I had weakened and read a couple of spoilers for Attack Of The Clones. I think I'm at the point of spoiler knowledge right now for Revenge of the Sith where if I read any more I will regret it. So I'll try very hard to resist highlighting anything from now on ;)

I agree. I definitely know much more for ROTS than I did for AOTC. I managed to know nothing for AOTC and I mean nothing. I stayed away from the boards and the net completely for about a year or two until about a month or so before its release. I got a box of Star Wars cereal that had a picture of Dooku and I said "Who's this guy?" and Geono-where? I think that's why I like it so much better than TPM.

I figured that the basic outline for ROTS has to go so much of a certain way that most any dummy can figure it out by themselves. Lucas has very little wiggle room with this movie I'm afraid. Only in the details. It will be hard to pull out any surprises.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

That's a good policy, Froz. I remember lukeiamyourdad's "spoiler" of about a year ago about there being no battle in Episode 3...

A year ago...geez...don't you have errr better examples? Gee a year ago is still speculation. I was only saying what I heard.

Viceroy's spoiler box isn't one. There's nothing we don't know. Though it doesn't look like an Acklay. More like a giant tick.

EU contradicts EU. It clearly states in the Star Wars databanks that the Nantex fighter was only designed for Geonosians.

Due to its complex systems, only a Geonosian could fly it.

Here is an argument(almost ultimate since now, it won't change) against your Maul=Grievious theory.

Listed under "movies" at the Star Wars databanks:

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests.

Maul is indeed a humanoid alien. Can't be him then.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/index.html

Capital "S" doesn't matter. What does matter is the ":" which you shouldn't have there.

Just press the Spoiler button. It's rediculously easy.

By the way I tend not to believe Sifo-Dyas is just Palpatine. It makes no sense. Is that really a spoiler or just something you heard from someone?

Luke's Dad: Yes, it's listed under the "movie" section, but so far we haven't actually seen it in a movie. Just being listed under the "movie" section in the Databank doesn't make it stop being EU if it isn't also in the movies. Besides it doesn't make much sense... why would a non-humanoid alien be put into a humanoid droid body?

But like I said earlier I'm not so confident about Grevious=Maul, what I am thinking is more likely the case is Maul=Sifo-Dyas; I just see Maul=Sifo-Dyas=Greivous as the perfect way to reveal that plot element.

I know luke has posted this link but

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/index.html

If you click on the picture you get what seems to be a clip from the movies and the picture above has a picture of hiom with those Cat Eyes.

Also I said it looked like an Acklay in refernce to those legs. I also said MAY be related to the Acklay Family.

I've said it before, my gut tells me that Grievous is just Grievous and at most he was SD in his past life. We know nothing of Sifo, so maybe Sifo was a non-humanoid Jedi with yellow cat eyes. The problem that I have with bringing this character on is that now we have to major cyborgs in the Star Wars universe, Grievous and Darth Vader. That sets a precedence. Now this cyborg archetype is acceptable for other characters. I'm afraid that Lucas has opened a Pandora's Box for the EU. Other characters could now start poring into the SW universe that are cyborg types that come in and start womping on Jedi and the like. Maybe that's another one of his marketing idea, to start a new archetype line for the EU. Now we can have the ultimate bad guy, somebody can clone the Emperor (again) and build a Grievous type droid body giving him the ability to fight with three light sabers at once and shoot of Force Lightning at the same time while commanding an army. How's Luke going to stop that? With the Suncrusher? Can he through some Ysalamiri at him?

In that entry mentions nothing about the Force I have frequently said that he most likely has no force sensitivity.

Nairb have you no sense People in this forum have tried to make that topic is a TABOO subject.

If Purists don't like EU so be it just don't dump on it for those who like it it's common courtesy and everyone here is illegedly courteous.

Grevious is more machine than man and by that it means for more Machine than Vader was. Vader had some Human in him Vader in the end turned out to be good in the end. Grevious I doubt will ever have such a noble ending.

General Grievous, a brilliant strategist unhindered by compassion or scruples.

That is the starwars.com entry of him. Vader was not a "brilliant" strategist but he was a pretty good one. Grevious did most of the commanding himself, Vader delegated duties to captians and that lot.

Nairb if your gonna make assumptions about EU then you should at least try to know what the current state ot the star wars universe is Post NJO.

The Galaxy is at peace. NO ARMIES DOING BATTLE Cloning technologies are generally forwned upon because of the clone wars experience.

At present the galaxy is rebuilding after the Shattering Yuuzhan Vong War.

The Emporer is dead his last clone body was destroyed at least 10 years before now and The Empire is now the Imperial Remnanat and has moved from the vulnerable TIE Fighter to the superior TIE Defenders.

The Sun Crusher was also destroyed and even with the completion of episode 3 there are no major continuity errors despite what some people want to think.

Yslmiri are propably a little rare now after the Yuuzhan Vong occupation of Mykr.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy Nairb have you no sense People in this forum have tried to make that topic is a TABOO subject.

Ouch!! Touché!! I'll admit I know very little of the NJO as I gave up on the EU just before that series began because of my frustration with the EU.

My point was merely that although Grievous seems to be a fascinating character, I I'm not sure I will be too fond of him in some respects.

You are not the first to question the existence of my "sense".

Just take the "subtle" hint and try not to bring it up again that topic has a habit of driving people away and with this place recovering it's not something we want to happen. Not when this forum has started to recover if somewhat slowly.

The NJO series is pretty good it Ties up most of the loose ends left by most of the other EU and prepares for another series.

It's quite an epic series I will admit that some of the things early on don't seem kosha in a way but it ends up as a good set of books.

Lucasfilm today admitted that Revenge of the Sith is likely to be "total ****". A tired and emotional Rick McCallum was quoted as saying, "We all know George hasn't really made a good film since The Empire Strikes Back nearly 25 years ago. After that he completely lost the plot and we've been unable to stop him from making embarassing crap. Let's just pray that he doesn't live too much longer". He was then discreetly led away by a number of dwarfs in Ewok costumes riding mechanical spiders.

You knows it.

Actually Nairb I'm surprised the EU hasn't already had a significant number of cyborgs - though perhaps Viceroy will inform me otherwise. The inclusion of Greivous as another cyborg character to me doesn't really open any more doors for EU than just having Vader as the only cyborg did.

And in the face of overwhelming hints from EU (though nothing yet from the movies), perhaps I'll drop my Greivous = Maul theory. Though I still think it's possible that either Sifo-Dyas = Greivous or Sifo-Dyas = Maul, but less likely that they're all one in the same.

Archived